Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
id love a lynch probation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
yenom ym ekaT

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/BBP30004?rs_oid_rd=932729457889074&&utm

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Man those pops are bad even by pop standards.

The plush is cute though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4965894/david-lynch-spotted-at-netflix-office-sparking-rumors-of-new-movie/

:trumppop:

Also, somebody should post a Twin Peaks picture or text in the GBS probation thread so we can get some cool Lynch themed sixers going.

Can it be of Windom Earle

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Just so you know the Netflix visit is probably to do with his editor's blockchain movie

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

atrus50 posted:

Just so you know the Netflix visit is probably to do with his editor's blockchain movie

you must be the kind of guy who takes pleasure in walking up to children and saying, "Hey, just so you know there's no Santa Claus and your parents are lying to you, right?"

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I have no idea who Palmer Scott is (he's a real person with an IMDB page though), but he posted this on Facebook last week:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Lester Shy posted:

I have no idea who Palmer Scott is (he's a real person with an IMDB page though), but he posted this on Facebook last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD5HfM3DZt8

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Lmfao hell yes

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Y'know, seeing as Lynch cast Charlyne Yi based on her role in Stephen Universe, and he cast a guy who does British accents on Youtube as the saviour of Twin Peaks, this just seems to be par for the course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM

acksplode
May 17, 2004

(Palmer Scott looks in the mirror and sees Richard Dunn) You're still with me. That's good.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

acksplode posted:

(Palmer Scott looks in the mirror and sees Richard Dunn) You're still with me. That's good.

salame

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Lynch got Emmy nominations for Writing (with Frost), Directing and Sound Design and that's very cool. But it's unmitigated high-level bullshit that nobody got acting nominations.

There were some technical noms too, notably for cinematography and some technical ones for episode 8.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

MacLachlan was robbed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Emmys aren't a measure of what's really good on television. What else is new?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've been watching Legion lately and for the benefit of anyone who hasn't, there are huge David Lynch and specifically Twin Peaks The Return vibes throughout it, especially in the visuals. Some stuff seems straight lifted from S3, but in a good way. It's no David Lynch project, but it kinda scratches the itch.

also huge Mighty Boosh vibes if anyone's into that

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Yeah, the second season makes it pretty clear that Noah Hawley loved season 3.

Kayle getting snubbed is loving insane, even if you're a crazy person who hated season 3 you can't deny his performance was excellent.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
So I don't feel like I fully understood S3, but I'm going to rewatch it.

Anyone know anything I should know/read so I don't feel as lost second time around?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Caganer posted:

Anyone know anything I should know/read so I don't feel as lost second time around?

If you haven’t already, watch Fire Walk With Me and the Missing Pieces.

Secret History of Twin Peaks is great and maybe won’t give direct insight into season 3, there’s stuff in there that definitely ties in.

And the Final Dossier, while less good than Secret History, should be read after season 3 since it’ll give you a more straight forward “this is what happened to THIS person”.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Caganer posted:

read some robert anton wilson

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Caganer posted:

Watch Play Time by Jacques Tati, Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome by Kenneth Anger and Breaking Bad.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

And More posted:

Watch Play Time by Jacques Tati, Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome by Kenneth Anger and Breaking Bad.

i'm also going to read the yellow king

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Caganer posted:

i'm also going to read the yellow king

they're ok at best

the future America depicted in the yellow king stories kicked out all of the Jews and built a bunch of suicide booths

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Caganer posted:

Honestly I think your best bet is to just post here and see how different people interpret whatever you're specifically posting about. I don't think you're ever going to find any two interpretations that are exactly alike, so there really isn't any "definitive" thing you can read/watch (not even Mark Frost's stuff).

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
i'm not sure i like this idea that art is subjective diane

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Caganer posted:

i'm not sure i like this idea that art is subjective diane

poo poo, reality is subjective.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Your Parents posted:

poo poo, reality is subjective.

Speak for yourself

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

hawowanlawow posted:

they're ok at best

the future America depicted in the yellow king stories kicked out all of the Jews and built a bunch of suicide booths

The one story that says that happened is narrated by a raving crazy dude who thinks he's emperor of america

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Somebody go post in the GBS Probation thread. Post here or PM me so I'll know you're doing it.

If someone would follow up and give me something cool too that would awesome. I just know I'm going to get some lame furry anime bullshit lol.

Edit - Time's up. Womp womp

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 15, 2018

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Emmy's are voted on by people that have television credits. Basically, the shows that employ the most people will win a whole bunch of poo poo because the crew ain't going to vote against itself.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I was reading through some stuff on 2001 after seeing the 70mm going around recently, and I noticed that the star gate sequence (which people often compare with episode 8's) was referred to as "Manhattan Project" by the film's staff. Made me think about Lynch and his approach to film-making. Kubrick spent a lot of time in a really hot room with noxious chemicals playing around and trying to get it the way he wanted it, which is the kind of effects setup I can see Lynch having a lot of fun with (and his MO from what I've seen of his process in behind-the-scenes and his work in painting and sculpture).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Odddzy posted:

Emmy's are voted on by people that have television credits. Basically, the shows that employ the most people will win a whole bunch of poo poo because the crew ain't going to vote against itself.

They should have a eurovision rule where you cant vote for your own stuff

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm super happy today; the gum I like (Trident cinnamon) is back in style.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Doing another re-watch. Is there an established reason why Diane's phone is on military time?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Doing another re-watch. Is there an established reason why Diane's phone is on military time?

"Military time" is only "military time" in the US because the military has to use it because it's how almost the entire rest of the planet communicates time. But even in the US I've known several people that set their phone to it, just preference. i know it's Lynch but I think that really does hit the line of it just not meaning anything.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Neo Rasa posted:

"Military time" is only "military time" in the US because the military has to use it because it's how almost the entire rest of the planet communicates time. But even in the US I've known several people that set their phone to it, just preference. i know it's Lynch but I think that really does hit the line of it just not meaning anything.

Yeah, I figured, but Lynch sure does love him some numbers. I wasn't sure if it was common to FBI employees or not. I don't meet many people in the States/the Pacific Northwest in particular, who use military time without having a military background.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do you mean like, 18:00 and poo poo? Because yeah that isn’t “military time”, that’s just another way of saying the time

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i still don't understand why the times on the phones for the :) all message are all wonky

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

most people call it military time, no need to be a sperg about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Neo Rasa posted:

I remembered when I was a kid and used to chat with strangers in IRC to pratice my english

One day I was talking to this american guy who asked me what time was here and I answered "19:30" and he said "Im not familiar with military time" and I was "what?"

Americans are weird about some stuff

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 27, 2018