Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Euphoria Engine Indiana Jones game that they actually showed at a couple of E3s (2005/2006)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/05/10/e3-2006-indiana-jones-eyes-on
it probably played like clunky rear end just like gta 4 so they cancelled it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Euphoria Engine Indiana Jones game that they actually showed at a couple of E3s (2005/2006)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/05/10/e3-2006-indiana-jones-eyes-on

Lol that write up is so good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

Lol that write up is so good

the ign hype machine in full force

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The Rogue Squadron HD Trilogy that Lucasarts was like 99% finished with when Disney destroyed them and scrapped everything forever to have EA make their games instead. Also Battlefront III and Empire at War II

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Rogue Squadron HD Trilogy that Lucasarts was like 99% finished with when Disney destroyed them and scrapped everything forever to have EA make their games instead. Also Battlefront III and Empire at War II

That Star Wars 1313 game looked interesting too before being scrapepd

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

That Star Wars 1313 game looked interesting too before being scrapepd

From my understanding that was basically just a Star Wars Uncharted, which probably would have sucked a lot, but maybe a Lucasarts could’ve pulled it off?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

From my understanding that was basically just a Star Wars Uncharted, which probably would have sucked a lot, but maybe a Lucasarts could’ve pulled it off?

wtf was lucasarts at the end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

christ

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

from like 2000 on the management changed yearly at lucasarts and switched which types of games they wanted to make, it was a miracle anything was ever released at all

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

from like 2000 on the management changed yearly at lucasarts and switched which types of games they wanted to make, it was a miracle anything was ever released at all

multiple games, including KOTOR 2, were released 2/3rds finished because higher ups decided the games had to be done for holiday season of that year and suddenly the devs were locked into 6 months of crunch hell. lucasarts was loving terrible and i cant believe they were replaced by something much worse

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Rogue Squadron HD Trilogy that Lucasarts was like 99% finished with when Disney destroyed them and scrapped everything forever to have EA make their games instead.

This one really pisses me off

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Six Days In Fallujah

A game about the Second Battle Of Fallujah in late 2004. It was being written by a Operation Desert Shield veteran and was going to have two campaigns, one as a US Marine corporal and one as an Iraqi insurgent, and it was going to have relatively little combat and focus mostly on how hosed up and misguided everything about invading Iraq was, and was also meant to be commentary on how making modern war themed games while modern wars are occurring IRL is kind of messed up (It was being developed at the very height of the modern shooter craze, around the time of MW2 and the Medal Of Honor reboot and stuff- people at the time were sometimes referring to it as ‘the Anti-Call Of Duty’) so it basically would’ve beaten Spec Ops The Line to the punch, but unlike SOTL, it might have been decent. The media caught wind of the playable Iraqi insurgent stuff and the resulting public outcry made them cancel the game and shut down the studio shortly after. F

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

multiple games, including KOTOR 2, were released 2/3rds finished because higher ups decided the games had to be done for holiday season of that year and suddenly the devs were locked into 6 months of crunch hell. lucasarts was loving terrible and i cant believe they were replaced by something much worse

releasing half finished games is normal for bioware and black isle and had nothing to do with lucasarts

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Six Days In Fallujah

A game about the Second Battle Of Fallujah in late 2004. It was being written by a Operation Desert Shield veteran and was going to have two campaigns, one as a US Marine corporal and one as an Iraqi insurgent, and it was going to have relatively little combat and focus mostly on how hosed up and misguided everything about invading Iraq was, and was also meant to be commentary on how making modern war themed games while modern wars are occurring IRL is kind of messed up (It was being developed at the very height of the modern shooter craze, around the time of MW2 and the Medal Of Honor reboot and stuff- people at the time were sometimes referring to it as ‘the Anti-Call Of Duty’) so it basically would’ve beaten Spec Ops The Line to the punch, but unlike SOTL, it might have been decent. The media caught wind of the playable Iraqi insurgent stuff and the resulting public outcry made them cancel the game and shut down the studio shortly after. F

This game wouldve been cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

me in 2012: Well, the new star wars disney movies probably wont be good but maybe decent star wars games will be made again

2013:

2017 - ?:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I just remembered the cancelled MMO by the Dark Age of Camelot guys called Imperator Online, which was set in a far future world where the Roman and Mayan empires never fell and were now at war.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

This game wouldve been cool

this game does sounds win

quote:

Atomic Games describes Six Days as a survival horror game, but not in the traditional sense. The fear in Six Days does not come from the undead or supernatural, but from the unpredictable, terrifying, and real tactics employed by the insurgents that were scattered throughout Fallujah.[7] Benito states that "Many of the insurgents had no intention of leaving the city alive, so their entire mission might be to lie in wait, with a gun trained at a doorway, for days just waiting for a Marine to pop his head in. They went door-to-door clearing houses, and most of the time the houses would be empty. But every now and then, they would encounter a stunningly lethal situation... which, of course, rattled the Marines psychologically."[7]

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is Battlefront 1 any good? Somehow I ended up with a PS4 copy

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Six Days In Fallujah

Wasn't this also the game where you played a reporter and your "weapon" was a camcorder to record the awfulness of the war? Or was that a different game?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mekchu posted:

Wasn't this also the game where you played a reporter and your "weapon" was a camcorder to record the awfulness of the war? Or was that a different game?

You’re thinking of Warco, which apparently actually came out, which I didn’t realize until I googled to make sure I had the name right

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is Battlefront 1 any good? Somehow I ended up with a PS4 copy

It’s fine. Like most DICE shooters it’s more about the sound and graphic design than the actual gameplay. I’m a huge Star Wars nerd so I loved flying in a HD tie fighter making pew pew laser sounds. The Death Star DLC is worth getting, the rest is definitely not unless you really loved Rogue One

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

it became that Wu Tang game :cool:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
also if i ever change my username ever again it's gonna be Yeah Yeah Beebiss I

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

picturing the taffy guy in clayfighter airdashing and divekicking like sol in guilty gear

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

We live in the worst timeline

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://clayfighter.wikia.com/wiki/ClayFighter:_Call_of_Putty

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

clayfighter.wikia

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

trying to jack off posted:

clayfighter.wikia

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

A baby in diapers does not attend pre school. You're like four when you attend pre school. This makes no sense

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

A baby in diapers does not attend pre school. You're like four when you attend pre school. This makes no sense

a lot of daycares are branding themselves as early learning preschool and pretending they're teaching your 1 year old latin or whatever also many american parents potty train absurdly late

respect the clayfighter lore

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its a “mental age” thing

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

P-Mack posted:

a lot of daycares are branding themselves as early learning preschool and pretending they're teaching your 1 year old latin or whatever also many american parents potty train absurdly late

respect the clayfighter lore

Lol we went to check out how much daycare was for our kids and it was like 28k a year per child (we're about to have our third) lmao

we sold our house and moved closer to my parents. gently caress that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lol we went to check out how much daycare was for our kids and it was like 28k a year per child (we're about to have our third) lmao

we sold our house and moved closer to my parents. gently caress that poo poo

i dont have to worry about things like that because i dont have any children