Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
The port cities along the Morze are the only nodes to the rest of the world, and the Republic of Rossetia is no exception. Though not as wealthy as Porta Reginae and not as cultured as Alcazar, Rossetia is still cosmopolitan enough for every weary traveler to find comfort. Within its shops and taverns one can purchase any good... or satisfy any pleasure. The gambling rings in particular are especially popular, and have thrived despite constant pressure from the Gendarmes for Morality and Vice (or commonly "Gen X," after the cross of their seal). Their holy soldiers work day at night to stamp down sin and wickedness, but often fail, as the bosses and smugglers and traffickers remain one step ahead of the law.
At least, until now. About once a year the heads of the major mafia syndicates come together for friendly games of chance - knuckles, Dromay Hold-Em, blackspades, hangman, switch and flip, even Big Wheel if there's room. The location of these games is a deeply guarded secret known only by the bosses themselves and their personal retinues. Despite these precautions, an hour after they arrived at this year's site, the goons were surprised to find the doors had been magickally sealed and locked. A second later the window shades slammed shut, blacking out the room. By the time someone thought to cast a flare spell damage had already been done: Julia Parmenos, drug smuggler, had been frozen in a stasis spell with a red X burned onto her forehead. The doors wouldn't unlock and she wouldn't be freed unless the caster recanted or was killed. Somehow the ring had been invaded by vice detectives, and now the only way out was by tooth and nail.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. Votebot finally supports this functionality, and so there should rarely be a discrepancy between my counts and its. I may even stop doing hand counts entirely; how strange would that be?

If you haven't posted for a while, I'll prod you with a PM. If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included.

Every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

Try to only post while sober. You can't play mafia well if you're not sober, and you make the rest of the game more difficult for everyone else too.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email once a week, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider getting it!

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

NOTE: just an estimate, not assumed to be accurate!

Current Phase: GAME OVER
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

1) Anomalous Amalgam
2) Anpu
3) Atomic Soda
4) b-minus1
5) Dancer
6) flerp
7) GeneX
8) IcePhoenix
9) IllegallySober
10) Max
11) Moatillata
12) Monathin
13) Murmur Twin Beetphyxious
14) Slamburger
15) The Ninth Layer

Reserves:
- merk

Night 0: Tao Jones, Julia Parmenos, Boss (mafia-aligned sane cop), removed.
Day 1: GeneX, Natasza "Fatalny," Smuggler (mafia-aligned jailor), executed.
Night 1: AnomalousAmalgam, Sofia, Informant (mafia-aligned weak watcher), removed.
Day 2: Nobody was successfully executed, quel dommage.
Night 2: Atomic Soda, Symon, Lowlife (mafia-aligned vanilla), removed.
Day 3: The Ninth Layer, Magdalena Piecława, Cleric (mafia-aligned doctor), executed.
Night 3: Slamburger, Lys, Lowlife (mafia-aligned vanilla), removed.
Day 4: Beetphyxious, Myrta, Gumshoe (vice-aligned goon), executed.
Night 4: Dancer, Valentine, Lowlife (mafia-aligned vanilla), died. flerp, Veronika, Bodyguard (mafia-aligned doctor), removed.
Day 5: Moatillata, Giovanni, Chief Detective (vice-aligned rolecop), executed.
Night 5: ?????????????????????????????
Day 6: IllegallySober, Basil "The Nose" Alexandrei, Gumshoe (vice-aligned goon), executed.

:woop:
GAME OVER
TOWN (mafia) VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 27, 2018

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'll sign up, but I will only play if I am dead in one (or more) of the three mafia games I am currently alive in (or if one or more of said games have ended)

Jen X fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jun 28, 2018

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sign me up!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Let's make more bad decisions in Eccogames.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Aaaugh Ecco you suck, I'm in two games already but this flavor is too good to pass up. :argh:

Put me down as a replacement, if I die in one of my other ones I'll let you know and bump up to player if this game hasn't started yet.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
An Ecco game is worth my 100th game. Let it begin. I'll even be a big boy and avoid the dark temptations of drunk posting.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ok!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I will play in this one

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IllegallySober posted:

Let's make more bad decisions in Eccogames.

aa your av is the best

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I feel like this game was made for me for some reason

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

aa your av is the best

All this acknowledgement, finally, my time in the sun has come lol I am fond of it.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

All this acknowledgement, finally, my time in the sun has come lol I am fond of it.

i remember days when the sun shone, a momentary abatement. still, a little hope, however desperate, is never without worth.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
We're (essentially) halfway there!

Also the gimmick for a previous game returns: you are welcome to PM me with what you would like your character's name, ecco!fantasy culture, and brief biography to be. this is optional and will not affect your role or alignment but might affect your flavor (it will certainly be referenced in any night flavor you receive).

have fun!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Aaaaa dammit, Eccogames are too much fun but I'm in too many games.

Like Twin and Gene, put me on the reserve list, I'll say something if I drop in one of my other games.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Depending on how quickly this starts up I'm in.

(as in hopefully not too quick)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'm in two other games already but I just died in one other so hashtagyoloswag420 I'm in.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
Anpu is in.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Signing up

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have not played for a while, so I'll sign up.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
This sounds awesome. I’ll sign up

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah boi

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Aaaaa dammit, Eccogames are too much fun but I'm in too many games.

Like Twin and Gene, put me on the reserve list, I'll say something if I drop in one of my other games.

Slamburger's game is over so let's do this! Put me in coach.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
You can move me from “replacement” to “player”

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Same

So uh I think we have 17

Which is 2 too many

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well if there's too many im happy to go into reserve for a substitute if needed

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

I have not played for a while, so I'll sign up.

gonna call you out, here: are you going to play the game? the last time you signed up for one of my games you checked out as soon as you saw you weren't vanilla because you wanted to lurk.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm just going to move TMM to reserves and say with Beet also in reserves we have 15 with two replacements! hooray.

I'll be writing role PMs as soon as I can. I'm working the holiday, but I am sure I can find time somewhere.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

gonna call you out, here: are you going to play the game? the last time you signed up for one of my games you checked out as soon as you saw you weren't vanilla because you wanted to lurk.

That isn't true at all. I was irritated the first day because I was scum again and lurked a bit, but then I posted a bunch in the next couple of days before I died.

Just go ahead and remove me from the list. I'm not really interested anymore.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ok chief

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd like to be a stump, thanks

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I am hoping to open my PMs soon and see: dick.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Slamburger posted:

I am hoping to open my PMs soon and see: dick.

I mean... I could help you with that.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Dancer posted:

I mean... I could help you with that.

Moat actually did it, he sent me a picture of a crooked one.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Slamburger posted:

Moat actually did it, he sent me a picture of a crooked one.

Nixon?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

https://twitter.com/dark_putout/status/1014597857003831297?s=19

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Everyone just needs to send ecco the perfect flavor as I did and the game will write itself

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Moatillata posted:

Everyone just needs to send ecco the perfect flavor as I did and the game will write itself

I hope your submitted flavor included something about people distrusting you because your name rhymes with the police.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

My flavour is raspberry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ew monathin what happened?

Beetphyxious posted:

My flavour is raspberry.

its the noise i hear when reading ur posts :p