Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Is ToA available outside of Youtube? Because it is just a horrible way to listen to a podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

inthesto posted:

They pull in a bit over 1k a month on Patreon, so there's obviously a sizeable fanbase there, but nothing even approaching heavyweight status. I really want more people to discover the podcast, because at 3k a month, they'll start doing weekly releases.

the most surprising thing to me is them saying they just can't get advertisers, it feels like i've heard a lot of less successful podcasts with ads

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Aren't podcast networks supposed to take care of securing sponsors?

Dragon Friends had a few sponsors over the course of season 3, but Benny definitely had thinly veiled contempt while reading the copy for a few of them, so that might have had something to do with it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

inthesto posted:

Aren't podcast networks supposed to take care of securing sponsors?

Dragon Friends had a few sponsors over the course of season 3, but Benny definitely had thinly veiled contempt while reading the copy for a few of them, so that might have had something to do with it.

yeah it's weird - maybe they're holding out for some dnd sponsorships like critical role has now that they've been featured a bunch by the official dnd people, instead of going for audible or w/e

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
i hope "my blood is cum" stuff isn't interfering with advertising

also I'm up through episode 9 of the ToA stream and god drat Sir Grimsby Davenport is resilient

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

LentThem posted:

also I'm up through episode 9 of the ToA stream and god drat Sir Grimsby Davenport is resilient

I mean, advertisers are willing to advertise on filthier podcasts, but I would worry about them getting too blue on the official D&D youtube channel content (e.g., all the frogs sucking each other off), I don't know what kind of tone they're hoping for with their guests.

Related, up to episode four, and I'm enjoying the absolute trail of destruction the dragon friends are leaving in their wake

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jun 6, 2018

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

LentThem posted:

I want the things I love to be successful, but if (hypothetically) cum is dropped from Dragon Friends, I'd stop listening. :argh:

Speaking of incredibly dirty bits, Episode 10 of Tomb of Annihilation: Dragon Friends: Totally Devoted to Jerking It in the Sky.

exmarx posted:

bigsofttitty.png owns
I can't stop laughing thinking about the intro to this week's live show.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 6, 2018

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Quote does not equal edit booooooooooo

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

caligulamprey posted:

I can't stop laughing thinking about the intro to this week's live show.

"Carlo Ritchie owes me half a beehive's worth of honey"

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Watching the Youtube playlist for Tomb of Annihilation with Q&A has been a little weird since I'm at a completely different point chronologically in both the main podcast and in Free to a Good Home.

It's 2018 but I'm watching a Sep 2017 Q&A where theyre referencing Free to a Good Home episodes being edited/recorded, but in that podcast I'm only up to May 2015. So it's like I'm looking forward to a thing that already happened in the past.

gently caress

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
First episode of DM Hing is up

I can't wait to see how this rollercoaster ride goes

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I'm assuming no one minds me mentioning it since its so sporadic - Free to A Good Home updated on Monday.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Okay, Freezo's Funhouse was a goddamn mess.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The episode is hilarious, but entirely for meta reasons.

Also, Alice Snedden, the guest on this week's FTAGH, is also on a D&D live show podcast called Waterdeep Mountain High. It's a fair bit less rowdy than Dragon Friends, but actually matches the energy of TAZ live shows pretty well.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Not Operator posted:

Good mess or bad mess?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Good mess or bad mess?

How much do you like the show when it makes almost no progress because everyone's too busy raking Dave over the coals?

Because that's almost 75% of this episode.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

How much do you like the show when it makes almost no progress because everyone's too busy raking Dave over the coals?

Like most of the players, I have no idea what's happening in the actual story when it does progress so I'm good with this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

inthesto posted:

Do you mean 'how much do you like the majority of DF content' because I think we're all here for that

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Well, fantasy’s hard.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Not Operator posted:

God bless this mess.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Freezo's funhouse was my second favourite episode this season, behind the Demi Lardner one

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

God I hope they tried/were able to get Carlo to bring Edvard back for part 2. This could be our only chance.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

inthesto posted:

Also, Alice Snedden, the guest on this week's FTAGH, is also on a D&D live show podcast called Waterdeep Mountain High. It's a fair bit less rowdy than Dragon Friends, but actually matches the energy of TAZ live shows pretty well.

I'm only on episode one (of four) and I just want to confirm this is a fun D&D podcast.

And not just because the one guy starts singing Into The Woods to an uncaring audience.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Not Operator posted:

I'm only on episode one (of four) and I just want to confirm this is a fun D&D podcast.

And not just because the one guy starts singing Into The Woods to an uncaring audience.

It’s ok but distant to dragon friends and TAZ. The premise of the campaign is more interesting than Amnesty though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Continuing my tomb of annihilation adventure, and hing’s implausibly lucky d100 roll slayed me. “There is no justice in this world”

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Goddamn it, Tom Walker is funny.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

caligulamprey posted:

Goddamn it, Tom Walker is funny.

He's got one eye!

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Just got to freezo getting away from the cops at the guggenheim this is glorious

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/RavenStark5/status/1010319623445598209

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hold on to your asses everyone, Freezo's Funhouse part 2 is out.

e: holy poo poo, they're drunk as gently caress this is going to be great.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 28, 2018

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I love the fact that this pair of episodes exists solely so Hing could take a dump on the story and declare it canon.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I wonder what Hing's offensive joke that got cut out was?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
In FTGAH, Hing mentions that he wrote a joke for SBS that was making fun of Facebook's VR disaster tourism, with the punchline being VR 9/11. It pissed off people to the point where the sketch had to be yanked and all evidence of its existence deleted.

In other words, if Hing regrets telling a joke, it was probably real bad.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

they should really put ToA on the feed. I want to listen to it at work.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Rodyle posted:

they should really put ToA on the feed. I want to listen to it at work.

That's not really their choice, though. It's an official Wizards of the Coast thing, so I doubt it's leaving YouTube. It sucks, because I keep forgetting to catch back up on it, but I guess that's the consequence of getting paid.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm going through S2 of tomb of annihilation now and I'm impressed with the crew for staying as lucid as they did for their 8 hour marathon session. That's usually the length of the sessions my group plays and we are...a little sloppier than that by the end. And loving hardcore cheers to the audience for sticking around that long, that's some dedication.

Also Tom Walker is hilarious, but having spent a few years in the improv scene (and slightly less in stand-up), he reminds me of the type of guy who's hilarious on the stage, but is difficult to be friends with because he cannot turn it off and you're never sure if your friendship is a bit, and you also have to worry about him making non-comedy people uncomfortable by taking jokes too far. I have absolutely no specific reason to believe that this is the case of course; I've never met the man in a social setting and never will, and I'd readily believe that he's a perfectly lovely and emotionally healthy person if you told me that, it's just a vibe I get.

Also uh are wizards of the coast cool with saying "oval office" on their official channel? I know Australians have a much more casual relationship with the word (as I understand it it's still not a great thing to say, but it's no worse than most other casual swears) but it still feels like a thing they'd frown upon. Although I guess the Dragon Friends got to do a season 2 after having an episode of frogs sucking each other off, so the line may be way further out there than I think. I'm not offended myself or anything, I'm just surprised how blue they're allowed to get on the official Dungeons and Dragons channel.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Comedians having difficulty being emotionally genuine? Why I never! :monocle:

Seriously though, watch the episode where they play Betrayal at Baldur's Gate and/or listen to an episode of bigsofttitty.png. He's an ok guy.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I don't think I disagree, but remember Tom Walker's friends chipped in to buy him a fleshlight, engraved with his name (and address?) and had it delivered to his parents house so he could open it for his birthday.

How does that guy switch off?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
By talking about how he poo poo in his hand, how else?

Anyways, this is video is now canon Baston:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMcnpXZIFmA (warning: contains a lot of edan rear end)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
he really is the best