Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Not sure if I posted a few of these before, but here are a few highlights from figure drawing classes over the last couple of months. Cheap markers, pens and mechanical pencil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio du Cambodge
Dec 3, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

Not sure if I posted a few of these before, but here are a few highlights from figure drawing classes over the last couple of months. Cheap markers, pens and mechanical pencil.

Awesome, what is the process? Do you do the pencil sketch then come back later and do the shading and contours in marker/pen, or is it all done within the time limit?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Finally started drawing again, especially trying to do a full scene rather than just a character in a void.

Space hotdogs battling a 1920s cartoon spider monster on some grassy space plains.

First inking pass complete. Gotta flesh it out a bit more and throw in some color.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

SexyBlindfold posted:

[xtremely good poo poo]

these are amazing

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Radio du Cambodge posted:

Awesome, what is the process? Do you do the pencil sketch then come back later and do the shading and contours in marker/pen, or is it all done within the time limit?

It varies! The first two were done in mechanical pencil first, then did the inks and colors at a later date. The rest were mostly done within the time limit (blocking in the colors first, then adding the black outlines on top), save for some white details added later with an acrylic pen.

It helped that the markers were ridiculously cheap (a no-brand 6 marker pack bought for like 5 bucks at a local arts and crafts shop), so I could just go to town with them, instead of getting all stingy and careful like when I bring Copics.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

SexyBlindfold posted:

It helped that the markers were ridiculously cheap (a no-brand 6 marker pack bought for like 5 bucks at a local arts and crafts shop), so I could just go to town with them, instead of getting all stingy and careful like when I bring Copics.

I love these cheap packs but I find the colours are always limited to primary black, primary colours, and fluro greens, pinks and yellows. Looks like you've found some nice warm shades.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

life drawing

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Very quick sketch from an instagram post.
Even I think the nose is a little long this time. Ugh.

This one probly has too much noise. Sometimes I go too heavy with the post processing.

For fun I put my starscape in the glasses. Kind of silly to have a night sky reflected in sunglasses but oh well.

Untouched version for comparison.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 3, 2018

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1014250936095727619

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1014290561099030536

my buddy Superfly fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 4, 2018

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Scenes from "drink and draw".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Colored :toot:

Going to make some stickers.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1014581240140390402

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Designed this for my new iphone case.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Did some color on this fella today. Need to push my values in the body a bit more, but it's coming along nicely.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
And a colorwolf.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Pick posted:

And a colorwolf.

Fukken yeesssssss so shiny and pretty. I love that solid-block-to-fur-split thing.

I'm almost on vacation and I sure as gently caress need it gooodddaaaaaammmmn

I swear I got asked to draw a big titted anime for America on the stream.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My first attempt at making a motion painting or whatever this is called.

Separated the link for possible epilepsy/migraine trigger
https://i.imgur.com/ 7mGp7JL.gifv

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 5, 2018

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Woah

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chernabog posted:

I know that people only care about epilepsy alerts but that image is like primed to trigger a migraine aura in photosensitive individuals so if that's the idea good job.

That's probably the best rendition of the zigzag aura I've seen yet.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 5, 2018

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pick posted:

And a colorwolf.

i love the way the fur glows in this

Chernabog posted:

this is the most accurate depiction of a migrane i've ever seen

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Elentor posted:

I know that people only care about epilepsy alerts but that image is like primed to trigger a migraine aura in photosensitive individuals so if that's the idea good job.

That's probably the best rendition of the zigzag aura I've seen yet.

Crap, I didn't think about that. I was just trying to get:

Al! posted:

the most accurate depiction of a migrane

I tried to stick it in spoilers but it's not working.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

idk i get migraines and even auras without the full migraines and to me its something that just looks exactly like one feels to me not something that triggers them for me like staring at tv snow or intense persistent bright light

edit:
im actually curious about this does anyone who gets migraine auras get one from that picture?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Chernabog posted:

Crap, I didn't think about that. I was just trying to get:

I tried to stick it in spoilers but it's not working.
no joke though you should find out if anyone with presence can use that as like a reference animation for a scintillating scotoma. it's cool as heck though good job

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I also semi-frequently get migraines with aura (though the headache part has mercifully waned as I got older) and that's not really a trigger but I'll agree that's real fuckin good rendition of what one looks like.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
One day I'll get out of my creative funk and be willing to do original art again, but for now lovely fanart.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Al! posted:

edit:
im actually curious about this does anyone who gets migraine auras get one from that picture?

Yes only without the colors. Everything else about them is spot on.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

idk i get migraines and even auras without the full migraines and to me its something that just looks exactly like one feels to me not something that triggers them for me like staring at tv snow or intense persistent bright light

edit:

I get migraine auras as well as the actual headaches from depictions, yeah. It doesn't take long (like 20 seconds of looking at one), but it's long enough time for me to, well, stop looking. I assume there must be people who get a migraine trigger faster. I hate to be that person but getting migraine from visual stimuli isn't exactly listed in a lot of places so at the very least now you know.

In all fairness that animation is so accurate it's impressive.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 5, 2018

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Bleep bloop, scenery.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/1014972337270206464

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Decided to just sketch some figures and expressions willy nilly and it was actually fun to draw again for once. That hasn't happened in a while.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/1014987315742167046

I guess I should do more of this.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Concept: There is a male of a species. He has a bunny. That is all.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
I made a paint:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Someone's going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the glorious people's revolution against the dread tyrant babar

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1015300633572859904

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
I feel like someone read the donkey up the minneret fable and said "hold my beer"

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

As expected, more sketches for tonight.

https://twitter.com/Shinmera/status/1015354383884800000

Edit: Since I can slam down some poses that look Ok without any prior sketching I might try doing some comics. Only problem with that is I got no ideas for comics and I suck at making jokes or anything that would be interesting to tell in just a few panels.

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 6, 2018

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

~^*^~PasTeL GoTh aEstHetiC~^*^~

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Working on a design for a new mural. Still very WIP. Trying to figure out how much graff / graphic design aesthetic should be incorporated.

Variations.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1015744858210930688
https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1015744945234247680