Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
20 lean years, 3 fat years, 20 more lean years

Love rooting for the Pirates

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

that clip needs some morning DJ, blooper highlight compilation sound effects

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Yankees thread is making me wonder something. Is there a stat that normalizes runners left on base with OBP? Obviously teams with higher OBP are going to leave more runners on base, is there a way to see if teams are actually worse or better with runners on base or not?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/07/03/2223543983/1530579173661/asset_2500K.mp4

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

4-3-6-7-2 DP?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

tadashi posted:

4-3-6-7-2 DP?

just as they drew it up

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

tadashi posted:

4-3-6-7-2 DP?

you practice that every day

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

http://mlb.mlb.com/r/article?ymd=20180701&content_id=283816686&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb posted:

Prediction: Moustakas goes to the Braves for a pair of prospects, left-hander Kolby Allard (MLB.com's No. 50 prospect) and right-hander Touki Toussaint (Atlanta's No. 11 prospect).
Am I prospect hugging if that sounds high?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Yankees thread is making me wonder something. Is there a stat that normalizes runners left on base with OBP? Obviously teams with higher OBP are going to leave more runners on base, is there a way to see if teams are actually worse or better with runners on base or not?

I dunno about normalizes but you can look at team batting splits for men on and nobody on.

Obviously this brings in a lot of factors such as pitchers focusing on base runners, maybe pitching differently, shifts, etc. etc.

2018 Yankees with men on: 245/326/457
2018 Yankees with nobody on: 254/330/463
2018 Yankees with RISP: 245/338/427

Essentially the results are the same for the 2018 Yankess :shrug:

Edit: Doing this reminded me of the absurd 2013 Cardinals splits.

Men on: 313/376/463
Nobody on: 236/297/356
RISP: 330/402/463

That team was so dumb.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 3, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah, given the depth of Atlanta's farm, that seems like a lot for a rental at a position where internal options are performing fine.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I dunno about normalizes but you can look at team batting splits for men on and nobody on.

Obviously this brings in a lot of factors such as pitchers focusing on base runners, maybe pitching differently, shifts, etc. etc.

2018 Yankees with men on: 245/326/457
2018 Yankees with nobody on: 254/330/463
2018 Yankees with RISP: 245/338/427

Essentially the results are the same for the 2018 Yankess :shrug:

Edit: Doing this reminded me of the absurd 2013 Cardinals splits.

Men on: 313/376/463
Nobody on: 236/297/356
RISP: 330/402/463

That team was so dumb.

Didn’t Allen Craig hit .454 with RISP over the season? That was a really weird season. RiP Torty’s MLB career. :(

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah, I see how it's a bit of a hole for the Braves, but I would have a hard time paying for Moose with anything KC would ask for.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Camargo's hitting .260 with ok defense. even if you wanna move the window up a year i don't think it's worth digging into the prospect pile for a rental who (at least this year) is barely an upgrade

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
gently caress that, I like Moose and all but I wouldn't give up those two guys for him, especially because as pointed out he's not much of an upgrade over Camargo.

I don't think 3B is really where Braves need to be looking to improve anyway. Get that bullpen righted first.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
3B for Braves 2018: 264/344/440
Moose 2018: 258/312/472

:confused::confused::confused:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to break out stats over a time period? Like Camargo has come on pretty strong lately, even if you look at the past month I’d bet his numbers are better than that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is there a way to break out stats over a time period? Like Camargo has come on pretty strong lately, even if you look at the past month I’d bet his numbers are better than that.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=camarjo01&year=2018&t=b

you can also go to game log and just click on the first and last game you want to check a span for and it will total it up for you

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Joey Freshwater posted:

Fangraphs Splits Tool lets you define exact timeframes (and the Splits page is already broken out by month.)

In June he hit .287/.340/.447 (113 wRC+)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Unless the Braves can get and immediately extend Machado, anything for 3B is a waste. Get bullpen pitching for god’s sake. Convert starting pitching prospects into a starting pitcher if you must. But don’t take on salary and lose potential for what is at best a lateral move.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Joey Freshwater posted:

That was just the actual bat at 3B without regards to who was playing the position.

Camargo's last 150 PA's have been: 284/366/485

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
I think the Braves making a move for anything other than bullpen help is dumb as hell. That is their biggest need. After that, I'd say maybe an upper-tier starter, the need at third is somewhere between "clone Kurt Suzuki" and "get a new mascot".

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You sayin something is wrong with Blooper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=610K5Mf358Q

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I hate the name and it looks like a bleached Phillies mascot. Other than that, I guess it's... okay.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

BasicFunk posted:

I hate the name and it looks like a bleached Phillies mascot. Other than that, I guess it's... okay.

leave it to the braves to whitewash even a mascot

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

lets cut that franchise some slack, a whitewashed phanatic is still the least offensive mascot they've come up with

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

gently caress that, I like Moose and all but I wouldn't give up those two guys for him, especially because as pointed out he's not much of an upgrade over Camargo.

gently caress your gently caress that :mad: Give us all the prospectsssssssss.

Seriously though every time I think about the Royals I get more pissed that they tried to make a doomed run last year instead of having a fire sale. And half of the trades they do make involve shipping salary off so they aren't getting the best return.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Still don’t understand why they made him flesh-colored. He looks like a fan that was caught mid-streak.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Part of me kind of thinks he's intentionally self sabotaged so that he can never really supplants the racism.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
N:
https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1014267737848401920

V:

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
N: https://twitter.com/mi_guardado/status/1014271259822063616

V: He was cleared to hit a few days back, I imagine they are being very conservative with him but I'm glad to see him play again tonight

e: less obnoxious tweet

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

N: Still really happy Braves won that game last night.
V: it's rad!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm glad that justin wilson pitched a scoreless inning against detroit, the baserunner wasn't even his fault

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Radio guys in Baltimore mentioned that Colby Rasmus quit, packed it in, leaving a slot open on the O's 25 man roster.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

the popes toes posted:

Radio guys in Baltimore mentioned that Colby Rasmus quit, packed it in, leaving a slot open on the O's 25 man roster.

Remind me what the huge beef was between him and LaRussa/the Cards. Crazy dad or something?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Crazy dad? Not Drake LaRoche again! :argh:

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
seriously, why *is* Toronto at home for this series, when they were on the road for canada day?

The mets are rocking some *awesome* socks tonight though.

e: "the mets are taking this undefeated in july thing seriously"

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
They were home on Canada Day, dunno why they still are

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

watching this sox-reds game in extras, i have become obsessed with the idea of billy hamilton winning the game on a walk-off straight steal of home. i decided to see how often that happened and it led me to this: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/feats/Game_Ending_Steals_of_Home.shtml

The last person to win a game on a steal of home was 1997 was Marquis Grissom, and he did it in the loving ALCS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FvrluZ0OwE
lmao could you imagine how long this replay would take?

e: as i was writing this billy hamilton struck out

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Marquis Grissom was so cool, I've never seen somebody with as much range in center

• Locked thread