Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It Better be a We Love Movies. It’s so loving bananas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I watched jp3 after listening to the episode and what WAS the deal with the dinodevil near the end of the movie

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I actually don't remember that at all. the only thing I remember from JP3 is Dr. Grant farting into his raptor fart flute.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

I actually don't remember that at all. the only thing I remember from JP3 is Dr. Grant farting into his raptor fart flute.

It’s when they’re digging in dinoshit, the kid starts shouting and they all see this big red horned biped dinosaur that wandered up to them curiously and then I guess it just waddles off

Edit: apparently it was a Ceratosaurus

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 1, 2018

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Jose Oquendo posted:

Raptor fart flute is an amazing phrase

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I was an early adopter of their Patreon but there wasn't enough content at the start to justify keeping on with it. I am back as of today because that thing is loaded up to high-heaven now.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Iron Crowned posted:

Mailbag is up

I'm rolling today over the Poltergeist impressions.

Also, I have been to "the amusement park in Ohio"

I too have been to this mythic place, and if I were to discover that a solid 90% of the park was coated in poo poo particles, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I work at an amusement park here in Stockholm. I’ve been here 4 years now and haven’t had to tak care of a single poo poo, piss or puke. I’m lucky so far I guess.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

JULY SCHEDULE

Say what? The Schedule in advance?! It's the least we could do! By subscribing to this newsletter you get a sneak peak at what we're putting out in July:

Episode 365 — Rambo III

Episode 366 — Runaway Bride

Episode 367 — Eraser

Episode 368 — Rookie of the Year
Episode 369 — Armageddon

Patreon Episodes:

Animation Damnation — Avengers: United They Sand: "Egg-Streme Vengeance" (s1, e10)

The Nexus — TOS: "The Return of the Archons" (s1, e21) & TNG: "Symbiosis" (s1, e21)

Patreon Bonus Episode for May — America's Sweethearts

Eh, so so line up. Armageddon should be good, though. Looking forward to the cringe fest that is the cracker scene.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Fun fact: Rookie of the Year is a remake of Roogie's Bump, from the 1950s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roogie%27s_Bump

I learned this from My Brother, My Brother, and Me. I wonder if the guys know about it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Eraser should be fun for all the James Caan and Arnold impressions

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Deleter posted:

Holy poo poo Steve at Action Park New Jersey! I was hoping he was going to talk about the water slide with the loop in or something but it's incredible anyway.

Steve was talking about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxz7gmohOCs

It shoots you out pretty fast, and those rides are not for lovely swimmers (like Steve.) They had alot of information wrong about Action Park too. I mean, I went there in 95-96 when I was 7-8 and went on the slide and cliff jump, because I was a :krad: kid. They closed down for a year, but the water park reopened a year later (losing the cannonball loop, and a few other slides.) The alpine slide, slingshot, and those things were gone. It was called Mountain Creek, but they went back to the Action Park name a couple years ago because of the notoriety I guess.

The hardest rides were the Tarzan Swing and the original Cannonball (which like the loop, was totally enclosed and dark, but instead just shot you out really fast into a pool.) The water in those areas was always ice cold. The first time I went to Action Park we watched the people go on the Tarzan Swing in the viewing area. Saw a lady try to swing and sink like a stone. Very similar to the person a few seconds into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLRMD63bt0Q

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 4, 2018

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Rookie of the Year is a goddamn classic and Daniel Stern turns in the performance of a lifetime.

YA TAKE THE ICE CUBES, AND YA HEAT 'EM UP! BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Excited as hell for Runaway Bride, some of my favorite episodes are lovely romantic comedies from the 90s.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

I am so excited for two rom-coms close together. Also I would totally love to hear more Stallone impressions of singing a theme song. I had to pause to take a laugh break

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I could feel the seeds of a Stallonesgiving being planted all throughout the episode in the same way Demolition Man planted the seeds for Snipesgiving.

Rhinestone, Assassins, Oscar, F.I.S.T., and Staying Alive.

Make it happen. They've already done / are doing, like half of his filmography already.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm currently housesitting for a family with lots of old movies including a number of WHM episodes and it's been great. I've already prepped for their forthcoming Rookie of the Year and Runaway Bride episodes. I know Rookie is a legit good film but I didn't care about it aside from stached Gary Busey. Runaway Bride will be a classic episode I feel, similar to Four Weddings or whatever it was. The episode where they start spontaneously singing Say A Little Prayer For You.

I want to thank WHM for getting me into bad movies. For a long time I was that guy that wouldn't watch subpar films because I didn't think I'd get much out of them but I think I need those films because if all I watch is good films then I burn out. Cutting movies like Falling Down and No Country For Old Men with films like the Wrong Guys and Bird On A Wire is how I stay regular.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DoubleCakes posted:

I'm currently housesitting for a family with lots of old movies including a number of WHM episodes and it's been great. I've already prepped for their forthcoming Rookie of the Year and Runaway Bride episodes. I know Rookie is a legit good film but I didn't care about it aside from stached Gary Busey. Runaway Bride will be a classic episode I feel, similar to Four Weddings or whatever it was. The episode where they start spontaneously singing Say A Little Prayer For You.

I want to thank WHM for getting me into bad movies. For a long time I was that guy that wouldn't watch subpar films because I didn't think I'd get much out of them but I think I need those films because if all I watch is good films then I burn out. Cutting movies like Falling Down and No Country For Old Men with films like the Wrong Guys and Bird On A Wire is how I stay regular.

Watching along with WHM, Action Boyz, and Blank Check makes for a pretty fun weekly lineup usually

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Bad movies are fun because you get to contemplate why and how things went wrong. It's fascinating to imagine millions of dollars and hundreds of people trying and failing so hard. There are often so many baffling decisions behind the scenes.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

DoubleCakes posted:

Ahhh I might need to back and listen to all the RomCom episodes again. BabyCakes was a classic, and whatever that Matthew Broderick creeper one was. Falling Down is one of those movies I loved when I was a teen, but I bet if I re-watched it now, it wouldn't hold up at all. It felt really important at the time

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Matthew Broderick one was Addicted to Love, where he goes full-on stalker with Meg Ryan.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

"We'll make love with all the force of a hiccup" is easily one of the best WHM lines.

Babycakes though is one of my favourite WHM episodes because the guys have so much to unpack with that film. It definitely helps when the movie is just morally bad or stupid without going full DO NOT WATCH with movies like Blame It On Rio. Romcoms are ripe with that stuff. Babycakes takes it right to the edge without going over the line (everyone in that movie is horrible but no one does what Caine does in BIOR).

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

In 'WHM hosts guest on other pods' news, Jupin graced us with his presence over on Nathan Rabin's Happy Cast - in case you want to hear him kvetch about Kazaam, Uncle Drew, and movies that made us cry.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Just got out of Jurassic World 2. Can’t wait for January.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"They used to call me 'The Bidet'." had me howling, holy poo poo

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Yeah, I have no idea how they afforded those weddings. Those were some big weddings.

Overall this was a great episode on a stupid movie.

Instead of collecting money to remake the Last Jedi so it doesn't offend the CHUDs and alt-right they should remake Seven Brides for Seven Brothers for the incel community.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I was in convulsions on an airplane, what an amazing loving line

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I came to post specifically about this. God drat. This is why we need Cabin.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I came to post specifically about this. God drat. This is why we need Cabin.

They all have such incredible chemistry together. I will say, now that they have Cabin on regularly, I feel like every episode is a banger. Not that it wasn't great before, but it's pushed it to a new level

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Back when the podcast was being discovered a lot of people said that Cabin was the weak link but I always had faith in my fat bearded green boy

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Steve's Albert Finney is actually pretty good!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

Back when the podcast was being discovered a lot of people said that Cabin was the weak link but I always had faith in my fat bearded green boy

Cabin is a dude who always swings for the fences. He whiffs a lot but god drat does he also hit some homers.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Calaveron posted:

I think that was a byproduct of the like, two years where it was a three man show, while Cabin was off in Narnia or whatever.

I will say this: those rare Steve-less episodes definitely suffer.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I think that Cabin feels like a weak link sometimes because he's the one who - at least on the surface - gets angriest / most opinionated about things, and people might get rubbed the wrong way with that attitude. Andrew's a close second but with Cabin you sometimes feel like he takes it personally.

He's the only one in the crew who hated Justice League so he gets my respect until the end of days. Their superhero roundup where he's slowly chipping away at Steven's confidence in the film is gold.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
They're all great

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Cabin is a dude who always swings for the fences. He whiffs a lot but god drat does he also hit some homers.

I'd call that pretty accurate. Either way I love my fat nerd movie buff pals, each and every one.

For real what other podcast could organically turn "salad tossing grandma" into a character during an episode about freaking Runaway Bride?

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 11, 2018

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

Gross, F Minus.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

For real what other podcast could organically turn "salad tossing grandma" into a character during an episode about freaking Runaway Bride?

'While I'm EATING YOUR rear end!'.

I sort of lost it.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Richard Gere yelling SHOOOT HERRRRRR at the runaway bride really got me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

America's Sweethearts is a very good episode. Multiple times I had to pause to laugh, and Steve's early "What color are Chris' pants?" line of questioning was super good