Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

are those big things of mac and cheese you can get along with the other party trays and poo poo any good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Good soup! posted:

are those big things of mac and cheese you can get along with the other party trays and poo poo any good

Is this a real question

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Oh god yes the mac and cheese.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
My Costco finally got the cinnamon roll and chocolate/peanut butter protein bars and I was super excited to try them. Wow, are they horrible. They have the weirdest mushy texture and I hate them. Costco, why have you forsaken me?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Do these get bigger every year? Gonna need a uhaul to get these home soon

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Whooping Crabs posted:

Do these get bigger every year? Gonna need a uhaul to get these home soon

My daughter has one of these, his name is Costco.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Good soup! posted:

Yes. Prepare to get fat/sleep/maybe die.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Texted my wife and asked if she wanted to go to Costco.

Texted back within 5 seconds "Yes!!"

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

She was more excited to go to Costco than when I proposed to her!!!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
A couple of prime NY strips on the grill, fresh broccoli (prewashed of course) and some naan that will go on the grill post-steak.

Prime beef is so good

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I was going to buy tires at the 'co but Discount Tire had a way better offer on Yokohamas

Sorry 'co

sorry

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Dely Apple posted:

I was going to buy tires at the 'co but Discount Tire had a way better offer on Yokohamas

Sorry 'co

sorry

Yeah I bought tires at Discount tires this weekend and they had them up and installed in 20 minutes with an appointment.
Costco tire takes 2 hours minimum. Plus they're more expensive (or only carry the more expensive models)

Never doing Costco tire again.

Malah
May 18, 2015

:five:

How's this not gold yet? I'm thirty pages in and it's been :drat: good GBS.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

The Slack Lagoon posted:

She was more excited to go to Costco than when I proposed to her!!!

A substantial portion of the food served at my wedding came from Costco. Maybe you should have suggested a Costco catered wedding to get her more excited about the prospect.

Not like it matters now though. If you are still excited to go to Costco as a couple then you probably have a happy marriage!

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

The Human Cow posted:

My Costco finally got the cinnamon roll and chocolate/peanut butter protein bars and I was super excited to try them. Wow, are they horrible. They have the weirdest mushy texture and I hate them. Costco, why have you forsaken me?

The cinnamon roll is juuuunk. I can sort of deal with the peanut butter one but I'd way rather just buy the old 2 flavors. Those seemed a little different than I remember with the new packaging, but they're close enough.

E: got a prime ribeye cap steak from the co sousviding as we speak.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 2, 2018

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Hypnolobster posted:

The cinnamon roll is juuuunk. I can sort of deal with the peanut butter one but I'd way rather just buy the old 2 flavors. Those seemed a little different than I remember with the new packaging, but they're close enough.

:hellyeah:

Peep that "Prime" label.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Hypnolobster posted:

I sousvizzle these all the time. Finish it on the hottest cast iron or grill you can find, or better yet a chimney starter full of charcoal with a grate. Fair warning, it will ruin you to other lesser steaks.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

Plus they're more expensive (or only carry the more expensive models)

You should never skimp on tires

I mean do your research and don't get ripped off but I got a nice price on a set of Michelin Premier LTX that have probably saved my life a couple times.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Supreme Allah posted:

You should never skimp on tires

I mean do your research and don't get ripped off but I got a nice price on a set of Michelin Premier LTX that have probably saved my life a couple times.

I'm not skimping but the ones they carried for my particular car were 2x the price with shittier reviews.

There are plenty of fine, mid-range tires (I got some good mid-range tires for my compact car at Costco) but for what I needed they didn't have much of anything I wanted.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Huge_Midget posted:

I sousvizzle these all the time. Finish it on the hottest cast iron or grill you can find, or better yet a chimney starter full of charcoal with a grate. Fair warning, it will ruin you to other lesser steaks.

Don't you worry, I do a Pretty Okay sear on puddled steaks.

(I didn't take a picture of the ribeye cap, I just crammed it into my face, this is my strip steak last week)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hypnolobster posted:

Ours has boxes of just peanut butter. They're solid tasty but I'm in love with peanut butter. Haven't tried the cinnamon roll. Other box is solid too.

We're talking about the 21g protein bars with like 2-3 net carb, right?

Not Skynet
Jul 10, 2012

Math You posted:

Idk for every 10 normal "hot dog please" orders, there is the family fatriarch who somehow spends $40 at the Costco food court, and then stands in front of the cash to wait for it and glares at every order that goes out the window. Either because they perceive others are being served ahead of them, or because they are scared someone might take their food. Maybe both?

Don't forget the guy who's convinced the numbers on tickets are in service order and asks everyone who walks away with a pizza what number they're on now.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Home base is a midsized city in Ohio, but flew into Vegas for a week of desert hiking. Hit the Costco in Henderson, on the way out of.town, for water and Gatorade.

Fuuuuuuuuck that. Parking lot full, and even with every register open, each checkout line stretched, literally, half the length of the store. I've never seen anything like it.

I just can't even.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

GORDON posted:

Home base is a midsized city in Ohio, but flew into Vegas for a week of desert hiking. Hit the Costco in Henderson, on the way out of.town, for water and Gatorade.

Fuuuuuuuuck that. Parking lot full, and even with every register open, each checkout line stretched, literally, half the length of the store. I've never seen anything like it.

I just can't even.
was this on the weekend? sounds about right in my experience

now try to imagine california costco's where it can be 2x that busy.

unless its one of the more rare suburb cities that have like 2 costcos within 10 miles of each other

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
costco stock has basically paid for every store-purchase i made in the last 8+ years, just within the last year. i bought a bunch of stock last year @ $150 and now sitting at 210. im just waiting a few more weeks to sell it off and avoid short-term gain tax because no loving way, but holy moly getting +40% return is utterly obscene and stupid and hey i'll take it

praise be costco

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I've tried to buy tires at Costco for years, they just can't compete with Discount with selection, price, or service. They are thoroughly beat on this arena. In fact, I wonder what idiots are always buying overpriced tires at the Co.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Gonna get me 2 dogs and 1 cup tomorrow.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BaconCopter posted:

Gonna get me 2 dogs and 1 cup tomorrow.

1cup2fills.avi

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good soup! posted:

I got drunk and high one night and polished off an entire tray by myself. It was one of the greatest nights of my life.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Ours has boxes of just peanut butter. They're solid tasty but I'm in love with peanut butter. Haven't tried the cinnamon roll. Other box is solid too.

We're talking about the 21g protein bars with like 2-3 net carb, right?

Yeah. That's weird, we get cinnamon roll/pb combo boxes and chocolate brownie/chocolate chip cookie dough combos.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So I went to costco on the weekend and the food court was closed for renovations, and now i'm wondering if it was because they are rolling out a new menu or something.

Exciting.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

So I went to costco on the weekend and the food court was closed for renovations, and now i'm wondering if it was because they are rolling out a new menu or something.

Exciting.

They’re enlarging the onion buckets for the onion salad eaters.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brought a bounty to my company 4th of July potluck. 10 dogs and 2 pizzas

Pbuc

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 3, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
you should get a raise for that. nice work.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Olanphonia posted:

Brought a bounty to my company 4th of July potluck. 10 dogs and 2 pizzas

Pbuc

o7 you are truly a blessed one o7

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
FYI today at Costco is INSANE. Everyone loading up for the BBQ holiday. Its absolute chaos.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

FYI today at Costco is INSANE. Everyone loading up for the BBQ holiday. Its absolute chaos.

yeah thats basically every day or two days or weekend-before holidays. you really have to go a solid 4 days in advance of a holiday if you can

fortunately idont think i need anything this time

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Chinatown posted:

yeah, I went this morning to get some steaks and stuff....it was 9:45 and there a TON of people waiting in line for the doors to open. They opened early, and let people in....by the time I actually got thru the doors, there were already people in line with a full basket of stuff. It was amazing.

At least I got my things and stuff and it didn't take as long as I was afraid it would.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hypnolobster posted:

Is this a real question

After trying the take and bake pizza that tasted like absolute butt I'm not taking chances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Had a veritable grip of bbq related samples today and walked out with 6 bottles of the pesto. PBUC!