Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cancelling Gwenpool is the biggest editorial mistake since avengers 200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dawgstar posted:

I'm guessing Gwenpool did not get trade saved like Wasp and Iceman. That makes me sad.

Wasp and Iceman were good books though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

twistedmentat posted:

That mean Gwenpool is going to be in Squirrel Girl?

Isn't North writing that book with Squirrel Girl, Ms Marvel, and those other people?

Gwenpool is probably coming back when the creative is ready and whatever other stars align.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dawgstar posted:

I'm guessing Gwenpool did not get trade saved like Wasp and Iceman. That makes me sad.

Gwenpool got more issues than Iceman and Wasp combined. It was a great comic, and I wish Marvel was still publishing it, but you can't say they didn't give it all the chances in the world to succeed.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Eh, I would've liked more, but in the end I'm happier with it getting a good ending rather than getting run into the ground, or getting handed off to a lovely writer

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

howe_sam posted:

Gwenpool got more issues than Iceman and Wasp combined. It was a great comic, and I wish Marvel was still publishing it, but you can't say they didn't give it all the chances in the world to succeed.

Yeah, that was more of a hope it had been saved on the back end. Still, I trust Thompson to write her well in WCA and she's one of the few.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just want more SG team ups, either in their book or in hers. I'd imagine Gwenpool would be someone that is unique in that she's someone that could actually annoy Squirrel Girl to distraction.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Does Gwenpool's power set extend to being able to travel in and out of the Marvel Universe at will? I don't really remember the whole deal with her future self at the end of the run. It'd be neat they could keep her going with limited runs and stuff. She's approaching "so powerful it's hard to convincingly write around" levels, but so are at least 10 other heroes so whatever.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Diet Poison posted:

Does Gwenpool's power set extend to being able to travel in and out of the Marvel Universe at will? I don't really remember the whole deal with her future self at the end of the run. It'd be neat they could keep her going with limited runs and stuff. She's approaching "so powerful it's hard to convincingly write around" levels, but so are at least 10 other heroes so whatever.

The only time we see her go to the “real world” it’s just another layer of comic book purgatory, it’s reasonable to assume since her powers don’t extend to outside of comic books she can’t use them to leave. Plus, she doesn’t want to.

And while I really enjoyed Gwenpool it ending on a meta story where she tries to prevent her inevitable cancellation but doesn’t want to become the character people expect her to be to sell books is awesome, and there’s no telling if we’d get that story if the book kept going.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Diet Poison posted:

If you want to classify panel space as outside the universe then yeah you could say that

TheHan posted:

And while I really enjoyed Gwenpool it ending on a meta story where she tries to prevent her inevitable cancellation but doesn’t want to become the character people expect her to be to sell books is awesome, and there’s no telling if we’d get that story if the book kept going.

I mean the whole moral of the story for that arc was that even if the book is cancelled it's never really The End for her so I don't see why not

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

site posted:

I mean the whole moral of the story for that arc was that even if the book is cancelled it's never really The End for her so I don't see why not

That’s also why I’m fine with Unbelievable ending where it did. The whole final issue was about Gwen coming to terms with her story ending, since she realizes that she’ll have other stories down the road and it’s okay if things end for now. It’d be weird to immediately keep going after hammering that home.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Gwenpool is going to be in West Coast Avengers, written by Kelly Thompson, along with Hawkeye and the worse Hawkeye, Quentin Quire and Ms. America Chavez (and the better Hawkeye's boyfriend).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TheHan posted:

That’s also why I’m fine with Unbelievable ending where it did. The whole final issue was about Gwen coming to terms with her story ending, since she realizes that she’ll have other stories down the road and it’s okay if things end for now. It’d be weird to immediately keep going after hammering that home.

Alternatively 5 months without gwenpool is a crime against humanity and I'm filling a petition with the Hague

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In addition to Gwen, I trust Thompson to write everybody in WCA even if I'm super tired of Quire.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I imagine between Kate and America, Quire will be dunked on continuously for his his.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I just want a confirmation that we're getting a dang Gwenpool Omni. Like not to be too entitled about it, I just think it'd rule is all!

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

X-O posted:

Wasp and Iceman were good books though.

Was Iceman a good book, though? I mean it wasn't as bad as America, but I wouldn't say it was on par with Wasp. And none of them were as good as Mockingbird.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Yeah I'd take another Mockingbird over another Gwenpool in a heartbeat. Gwen's main draw for me was Gurihuru's art and when they weren't on board I inevitably just didn't pick it up.

And nothing was as bad as America. That's probably the worst written thing I've read in ... Jesus, forever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jedi posted:

Was Iceman a good book, though? I mean it wasn't as bad as America, but I wouldn't say it was on par with Wasp. And none of them were as good as Mockingbird.

I thought it was decent, but I only read the first couple issues when they popped up on Unlimited, so it wasn't a must read for me or anything.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Pfft, Gwenpool was worth a dozen Mockingbirds, Guruhiru or no. Not that Mockingbird was bad, it just wasn't on the same level.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I dropped off America when she had to break up with her girlfriend because America was going to this weird super-school across country, and her girlfriend didn't want to do a long-distance thing but America can teleport. Maybe she can't do it that far? I dunno. Or care, really. It just didn't explain itself well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mockingbird is pretty much my favorite Marvel series of the last 10 years. I'd love to have more if Cain could be convinced to come back.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dawgstar posted:

I dropped off America when she had to break up with her girlfriend because America was going to this weird super-school across country, and her girlfriend didn't want to do a long-distance thing but America can teleport. Maybe she can't do it that far? I dunno. Or care, really. It just didn't explain itself well.

America was a terrible book that has nothing redeeming about it. It deserved to die.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I really really wanted to like America but I dropped it after the first issue. That's something I seldom do so I guess it's comforting to know I didn't miss out on some hidden gem that started rocky but later became brilliant. It's such a shame since America is a cool character, she deserves a great book.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbh was kinda disappointed in cosmic ghost rider but tnc's cap is off to a strong start

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Marvel Rising is so good! Everyone involved is such a dork. Except for America, I guess. She seems all business.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Miss Marvel number 50 was pretty fun. I do like it there's a running joke that everyone knows who she is but no one says anything.

Marvel Rising is great. I really like it.

Captain America nd Immortal Hulk continue to be good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there is a death in death of the inhumans 1 that will shake the marvel universe down to its very core

marvel rising was fun

immortal hulk still good tho not nearly as dark as 1

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Avengers is getting better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

there is a death in death of the inhumans 1 that will shake the marvel universe down to its very core

Swear to God it had better not be Lockjaw

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

marvel rising was fun

immortal hulk still good tho not nearly as dark as 1

I just read the spoilers. What the gently caress Marvel?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Codependent Poster posted:

Swear to God it had better not be Lockjaw

if it makes you feel any better you can not read it and itll get retconned in 8 months anyways

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Skwirl posted:

I just read the spoilers. What the gently caress Marvel?

I don't think I've ever been affected by a potential comic book death before.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gently caress you, Marvel. You're on my shitlist now. :doom:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I haven't read it yet, but Karnak already got people out of the afterlife in Soule's series. And if not...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Reading Cosmic Ghost Rider: Donny Cates you madman I loving love you!

Reading Death of the Inhumans: Donny Cates you madman I hope you burn in hell!

Even with that response I really really like reading stuff Donny Cates writes. I hope Marvel keeps letting him do more insane poo poo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

if it makes you feel any better you can not read it and itll get retconned in 8 months anyways

Maybe he can hang with Strange's ghost Basset Hound.

That actually might be fun.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

All the internet backlash against Batman should have gone towards Death of the Inhumans.

Lockjaw nooooo

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Avengers continues to be fun and enjoyable, and it feels like the direction for the characters is crystallizing. I don’t think McGuinness is a good fit for Aaron but eh, I haven’t seen him in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I am really mad at Death of the Inhumans, y'all.