Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Standing up, cheering, scrteaming, crying as old cancerthroat leans his body on a man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm still not exactly sure why people are against Mighty Mouse for not taking a fight with his title on the line against a larger opponent that stands to lose nothing and that management clearly wants that opponent to win and reduce his earning potential. That's dumb as gently caress and no one should do that.

Yeah gee who would want to see fights. That's why I'm rooting for al Iaquinta to become a real estate mogul so we never have to see him fight again. I don't even watch fights i just look to see who got the bonuses and yell at dana white on Twitter

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Matt Lindland posted:

Standing up, cheering, scrteaming, crying as old cancerthroat leans his body on a man

He beated the scary man

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

Yeah gee who would want to see fights. That's why I'm rooting for al Iaquinta to become a real estate mogul so we never have to see him fight again. I don't even watch fights i just look to see who got the bonuses and yell at dana white on Twitter

You'd still get to see Moraes fight Cody or TJ.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Man this place is full of cunts.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Please discuss Invicta in the b league thread

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

El Roncho posted:

Your room?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Roncho posted:

Everything will get better once Liddell beats Tito

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Doubt it

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

He knocked TJ down and landed one clean punch before TJ started defending and began fighting his way back up to his feet. It was close to the bell and Cody hits hard, but it was nowhere near definitive or 'saved by the bell'.

Mekchu posted:

TJ was in trouble but not "seconds from being stopped" because Garbrandt didnt push him and TJ spent the rest of the round blocking/moving way more.

TJ also had better footwork and methods to finish the fight than Cody did. The headkicks by TJ were pretty effective.

The rest of the round was less than ten seconds, and TJ spent the whole time scrambling to his feet without his hands up. The round ended before Cody could follow up. TJ surviving had very little to do with TJ.

Gay Horney posted:

You are aware that there is a difference between 'I don't want any fights' (the position you're arguing against) and 'i want a fighter i like to be well paid'

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This thread always turns on itself when things are slow and uninteresting

At least there's a big event with a good lineup coming this weekend - that will stop the bloodshed for about 24 hours

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

You are aware that there is a difference between 'I don't want any fights' (the position you're arguing against) and 'i want a fighter i like to be well paid'

you have no idea how much he makes, mongoloid.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Mekchu posted:

TJ was in trouble but not "seconds from being stopped" because Garbrandt didnt push him and TJ spent the rest of the round blocking/moving way more.

Garbrandt also looked like he wanted to do what he did to Cruz, just work him over for 5 rounds and make fun of him while breakdancing. I'm guessing him getting sparked out will give him some urgency and will make him go back to the highlight reel KO artist he was on his way to the title.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This thread always turns on itself when things are slow and uninteresting

At least there's a big event with a good lineup coming this weekend - that will stop the bloodshed for about 24 hours

It always seems to be the same few posters that get antsy too. 226 should give enough to talk about tho.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 4, 2018

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowman_McK posted:

The rest of the round was less than ten seconds, and TJ spent the whole time scrambling to his feet without his hands up. The round ended before Cody could follow up. TJ surviving had very little to do with TJ.

He was still bobbing his head avoiding punches pretty easily while pushing Cody away on his way back up to his feet from a knelt position.

The only time in that exchange Cody was close to finishing was when TJ was on his side/back after the knockdown and he let TJ work his way to his feet less than 10 seconds later.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 4, 2018

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Snowman_McK posted:

Rubbish.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Everyone chillax.

Donald Cerrone now has a son.

A son named Dacson Danger Cerrone.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Okay I'm gonna skip right past the Danger middle name and go straight to: he named his son a quasi-acronym for Donald Anthony Cerrone + Son, like he's a flustered professor building a boy robot in an Disney live action movie

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoombatINC posted:

Okay I'm gonna skip right past the Danger middle name and go straight to: he named his son a quasi-acronym for Donald Anthony Cerrone + Son, like he's a flustered professor building a boy robot in an Disney live action movie

Goddammit, there's another script I have to abandon halfway through.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

lol

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Now hopefully he will immediately retire so they won't both be in diapers at the same time

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cowboy will die in the cage but only because he'll be 90 and still fighting

Old age or brain damage who could tell at that point

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mekchu posted:

He was still bobbing his head avoiding punches pretty easily while pushing Cody away on his way back up to his feet from a knelt position.

The only time in that exchange Cody was close to finishing was when TJ was on his side/back after the knockdown and he let TJ work his way to his feet less than 10 seconds later.

I'm watching it right now. One punch misses because TJ bobbed under it and it was literally at the moment of the bell. The rest either connect or miss through dumb luck and TJ visibly struggles to get his feet under him.

Maybe he couldn't have recovered, maybe he could have, but it was loving close and he was really loving lucky the round ended when it did.

https://gfycat.com/TanClassicInexpectatumpleco

The whole sequence is about 4 seconds.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah you only get 5 minutes. Then tj came back out kicked him in the face and dropped him and then knocked him out

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I’m extremely hyped for Ortega Holloway and everyone else should be to

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its a pretty awesome card. Time for NYSAC to somehow ruin it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm watching it right now.

We can tell by how you changed from ‘tj was saved by the bell, had nothing to do with him’ to ‘ahhh maybe he could have recovered, who truly knows’.

Skip My Posts posted:

Yeah you only get 5 minutes. Then tj came back out kicked him in the face and dropped him and then knocked him out

Trapping Cody’s near arm and pounding him unconscious was such a slick move to get the finish. If Cody’d Done something similar, he would have had a way better chance of finishing it in the first.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Holloway Vs Ortega is the most exciting matchup involving new generation fighters in a long time

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holloway vs anyone is an exciting matchup.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Mekchu posted:

It’s this. I cannot imagine that it would be possible for Max Holloway, as he currently exists, to have a boring fight. I cannot remember being this stoked about a fighter in a long time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TJ was staggering away at the end of the round, he was in trouble. The fight wasn't about to be stopped but Cody could easily have done so because that poo poo happens constantly in MMA. Thinking TJ's some untouchable god is a bizarre stance.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
cody can win, they might go back and forth if they fought over and over. i think tj gets better training

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Thinking TJ's some untouchable god is a bizarre stance.

Nobody is saying this at all. Lol.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

TJ was staggering away at the end of the round, he was in trouble. The fight wasn't about to be stopped but Cody could easily have done so because that poo poo happens constantly in MMA. Thinking TJ's some untouchable god is a bizarre stance.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mekchu posted:

Nobody is saying this at all. Lol.
They are though
it's why this guy is posting this

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Is Brock bringing the belt Saturday nite

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

They are though

it's why this guy is posting this

No, I'm posting that because literally no one has argued that and you can't read, lol.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

DoombatINC posted:

sons_who_hate_their_fighter_dads.xls

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Ad by Khad posted:

sons_who_hate_their_fighter_dads.xls

"gently caress you, Dad! I'm going to college to be a safety inspector!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

We can tell by how you changed from ‘tj was saved by the bell, had nothing to do with him’ to ‘ahhh maybe he could have recovered, who truly knows’.

Oh, he was saved by the bell. There's a possibilty that he might have recovered but there was a much greater chance that the badly rocked fighter would have been finished by the guy who just rocked him and has bricks for hands. I'm just being polite and acknowledging the possiblity that you're correct.

Dan Didio posted:

Trapping Cody’s near arm and pounding him unconscious was such a slick move to get the finish. If Cody’d Done something similar, he would have had a way better chance of finishing it in the first.
If he'd had more than three seconds, he might have.

Mekchu posted:

The closest thing he's had to a bad fight is the Jeremy Stephens fight, and that was because Jeremy Stephens hits bullshit hard and makes a lot of guys fight cautiously. His list of wins is full of dudes who thought they could trade with him.

• Locked thread