Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I don't have sound rn but from the text, is he defending sex monsters? gently caress that guy then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

I don't have sound rn but from the text, is he defending sex monsters? gently caress that guy then.

Look man he's just asking questions!!!!

(yeah he's kind of a doofus but as said his Tribe documentary is great)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Good Girls: A tutorial on how to get indicted by the IRS

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jim DiGriz posted:

I was just attempting a lovely pun with (Justified spoilers: ) hands down, that's all. Nothing beats Boyd, even though that blue-eyed psycho came pretty close.

Walton Goggins is so good that people always want him to be in stuff more. Most people know that Boysd was supposed to be killed off in the pilot but Goggins was so electric they kept him in and he becomes sort of a co-protagonist. In Django, QT was so impressed with him he increased his part, and then he wrote him as one of the lead roles in Hateful 8. Goggins is one of very few actors who I will see anything they are in. Boyd Crowder is an Al Swearingin- tier character and performance.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Goggins is one of very few actors who I will see anything they are in. Boyd Crowder is an Al Swearingin- tier character and performance.

Sure about that?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I went and saw that movie literally because Goggins is in it (and because I have a Limitless card for my cinema - imagine MoviePass but for one chain and no weekly limit)

It was NOT worth it

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I watched it because I was really bored and in the mood for some garbage and when I saw Walton Goggins I was like "no...no way, is that?"

I hope he got paid most of the budget of that movie because it was about as bad as you're all assuming. Better than the Angelina Jolie ones though, but that isn't saying anything.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Surely a Tomb Raider movie should be a no-brainer? I mean, what keeps happening? Why don't they work?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Bad casting? Alicia Vikander is famous for playing a robot.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Vikander was the only good part besides Goggins tbh. I think she was a good choice. Dominic West totally phoned it in haha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tomb Raider 2018 was just aggressively boring, which is the exact opposite of what a Tomb Raider movie could be.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I watched Jack Reacher solely because Werner Herzog was the bad guy and that was worth it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Goggins played the prison warder in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
You all talking about Goggins forgetting his Emmy worthy role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoBAzn1QmCo

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Killing Eve was pretty fun. Bit of a by-the-numbers plot but the characters and oddball humour make up for that a lot. It's like a slightly less dark Patriot.

This season of Archer was alright. I really do think though, that getting away from the spy setting does not fix the show's problems, there was still a lot of unexplored territory there. They just needed to ease up on the callback humour and I think they've done that now.

This season of Westworld was a bit of a slog compared to the excitement of the first one. I think that's a thing with all speculative fiction though. It's pretty hard to top being introduced to a new world for a first time. They also need to take lessons on how to write and direct action scenes, a few were great, both stylistically and dramatically, but some where also terrible.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah Tomb Raider was fine imo. Vikander was very good and carried it, she put in way more effort than she needed for how bland and predictable the movie was.

But I enjoyed it way more than I expected to. As far as game movies go they did a good job, though I think the PG-13 rating hurt if b/c one of the main draws of nuTomb Raider is how brutal it is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I liked it more than expected, but it really was just a retooled Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zoux posted:

Walton Goggins is so good that people always want him to be in stuff more. Most people know that Boysd was supposed to be killed off in the pilot but Goggins was so electric they kept him in and he becomes sort of a co-protagonist. In Django, QT was so impressed with him he increased his part, and then he wrote him as one of the lead roles in Hateful 8. Goggins is one of very few actors who I will see anything they are in. Boyd Crowder is an Al Swearingin- tier character and performance.

He also kept the Boyd Nazi tattoos on when he went out to town for lunch while doing the pilot so he could use the disapproving glares to get into the headspace of Boyd. That is dedication right there.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Medullah posted:

That is the one Goggins' role that you can obliquely hint at and anyone who's ever seen it will instantly remember.

Like, you'd think it would be a cheap trashy one-off character but he delved into it so deeply and was so charismatic that of course he'd get called back for more.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

Lem thinks it's funny.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alright sorry Sepinwall, Luke Cage in fact does draaaag through the middle. Outstanding finale though, and especially the very last scene. But imo next season should be actually mostly about Luke Cage rather than everyone else

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Alright sorry Sepinwall, Luke Cage in fact does draaaag through the middle. Outstanding finale though, and especially the very last scene. But imo next season should be actually mostly about Luke Cage rather than everyone else

Funny, I just started watching season 1 of that today. Up to episode 4 and it's really fuckin' good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If I stopped watching LC in the middle of S1 and know what happens in the crap back half, will I lose much going straight into 2? Seems more like a sequel to Defenders anyway

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No it's very much a sequel to S1. Like there's some Defenders fallout with Misty, Colleen, and Danny but thats all small stuff. If you skipped the second half of S1 you missed everything with Mariah and Shades along with all the obvious Luke and Misty stuff.

I mean, do whatever you want but it's definitely not "more of a sequel to Defenders".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Luke Cage has by far the best music of any MCU production

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Is it an improvement over the back half of S1, at least?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I didn’t finish season 1 and I was fine

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

Luke Cage has by far the best music of any MCU production

Kind of unfair to compare any other show to one that had people like Rakim and KRS One even doing live performances in it honestly.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

esperterra posted:

Is it an improvement over the back half of S1, at least?

I did not like season 1 much at all, but IMO S2 is one of the best seasons they've done, if not the best.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dope! I'll have to check it out soon, then.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Whatever you think of S1, S2 seems to be nearly universally more acclaimed. I guess except with Sepinwall.

But like, they really are the same show. I get why the Defenders show format makes it feel disjointed and like you're watching a collection of mini-series instead of a bunch of different shows. But it really is Luke Cage Seasons 1 and 2 in most every narrative sense.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m watching an episode of The Break with Michelle Wolf after presuming her set at the journalists thing had to have been pretty good given the outroar from the right.

Jesus. I don’t even know where to start. Who exactly is a fan of her stuff? This is embarrassing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

STAC Goat posted:

Whatever you think of S1, S2 seems to be nearly universally more acclaimed. I guess except with Sepinwall.

But like, they really are the same show. I get why the Defenders show format makes it feel disjointed and like you're watching a collection of mini-series instead of a bunch of different shows. But it really is Luke Cage Seasons 1 and 2 in most every narrative sense.

I've no problem with that, I thought the first half of Luke Cage was excellent, I just couldn't be arsed to finish it after that midway point. If it's more of that I'm down, even if it ends up being rocky in the end. If was more of that back half stuff, though, I'd take my time getting around to it lol

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m watching an episode of The Break with Michelle Wolf after presuming her set at the journalists thing had to have been pretty good given the outroar from the right.

Jesus. I don’t even know where to start. Who exactly is a fan of her stuff? This is embarrassing.

I'm not a fan of her as a comedian.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Hey, what's the story with Rose McIver's makeup in iZombie S4? Did the showrunner decide they didn't like how she looked anymore, or was she doing a movie and had a tight schedule, or what?

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
This thread showed me Joe Pera and for that I shall be forever grateful.

Edit: "Sorry to get down on dominoes. But it's one of my core beliefs that you shouldn't waste kinetic energy."

Runaway Legs fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 4, 2018

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lycus posted:

Hey, what's the story with Rose McIver's makeup in iZombie S4? Did the showrunner decide they didn't like how she looked anymore, or was she doing a movie and had a tight schedule, or what?

They had a good, in universe excuse to save time in the make up chair and show her off.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lycus posted:

I think in show towards the end it was supposed to represent where she stood in "Humans vs Zombies." Like Liv was making an active choice to do it to send a message. But I wouldn't be surprised if Rose just got tired of the makeup.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm finally finishing up the last few episodes of Good Girls, and I'm glad it got picked up for season 2. It took me a hot minute to really settle into the whole 'heist/scheme of the week' thing but they start laying enough breadcrumbs toward a serialized story, and the main trio is phenomenal so tbh I'd prob be down to watch S2 just on the chemistry of them shooting the poo poo alone.

Good fun show. Still wish it were on even just basic cable or something so they could take it a bit further, but it's been working well enough as is for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HatJudge posted:

This thread showed me Joe Pera and for that I shall be forever grateful.

Edit: "Sorry to get down on dominoes. But it's one of my core beliefs that you shouldn't waste kinetic energy."

Kind of funny how right when Joe Pera ended AS started up a new show that is the polar opposite in every way. Mostly 4 Millennials is very loud, crass and angry but still completely funny.