Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Gonna be pissed off when holloway Ortega gets cancelled but Vick gaetjhe is going to be sick as hell

jay z's sedan posted:

It’s going to be so disappointing

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
no trolling please

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

SquirrelGrip posted:

no trolling please

I'm just practicing for tommorow

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Everyone remember to make your offerings to the weight cut gods, the injury deities, and the commission nymphs.

There’s no SBG fighters on this card, right?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

FishBowlRobot posted:

Everyone remember to make your offerings to the weight cut gods, the injury deities, and the commission nymphs.

There’s no SBG fighters on this card, right?

I like how when we used to be nervous about cancellations, we had to ask how many AKA fighters were on a card in case someone got injured by full contact sparring on top of a medicine ball 20 minutes before weigh ins, but now we have to ask if known SBG operatives have been reported in the area in case 17 UFC fighters and personnel are injured in a terrorist attack in Des Moines.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

nobody ever said that lol, go lick some windows

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if oyu take 4:50 of a round to drop a guy then its your own fault that the bell saves him. its not some lucky miracle

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm starting to realize that this thread has some TJ Dillashaw super fans in it. It's kinda cute.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I bet theres a fan of every fighter. I've noticed, for example, that there's even fans of "Mighty Mouse" on this web site despite him being a toddler and coward. Just goes to show that people like different things I guess.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

A Dillshaw Grabarnt rematch seems fine to me, the first fight was good to watch and despite the KO it swung back and forth a bunch. I don't want to see a Cruz rematch & TJ was ducked by the other option so w/e. Lets see if Cody tries to dance in this one too.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

I'm starting to realize that this thread has some TJ Dillashaw super fans in it. It's kinda cute.

hes extremely good. so is cody tho

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Matt Lindland posted:

I bet theres a fan of every fighter. I've noticed, for example, that there's even fans of "Mighty Mouse" on this web site despite him being a toddler and coward. Just goes to show that people like different things I guess.

twitch needs to pay him what hes fuckin worth dude

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
tj will win again

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It was weird seeing Cody clown on Cruz for the entire fight and make his style look super easy to deal with when everyone else has trouble only to get knocked out in his first title defense

MMA is wild

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Somebody actually put forth Dominick Cruz as deserving of a title shot more than a Cody Garbrandt rematch when Cruz hasn't fought since Garbrandt clowned on him and is in the midst of yet another multi year injury layoff.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Somebody actually put forth Dominick Cruz as deserving of a title shot more than a Cody Garbrandt rematch when Cruz hasn't fought since Garbrandt clowned on him and is in the midst of yet another multi year injury layoff.

This layoff is voluntary too. Smart move to sit out 2 years, still be #2 and get an immediate title shot rather than get beat up by Jimmy Rivera or something.

And gently caress those of you who turn the MM thing into some struggle against the man. This isn’t some class warfare poo poo, it’s fighting. This thread was kicking rear end for years before anybody posted about PPV buys and draws, now that’s all you idiots talk about.

I want to see MM fight TJ because it’s a super competitive fight between two P4P talents. I call MM a coward because he’s ducking TJ in his own natural weight class, we’re not asking him to do anything crazy, just fight the toughest guy at your weight. He won’t be fighting the best version of TJ yet he still doesn’t wanna risk it. He’d rather fight guys way below his level (cejudo aside) and rack up his title defense record. In my mind Max’s steak is just as if not more impressive than MM’s, even though Max has only a single defense.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

tesilential posted:

This layoff is voluntary too. Smart move to sit out 2 years, still be #2 and get an immediate title shot rather than get beat up by Jimmy Rivera or something.

Cruz actually was supposed to fight Jimmie Rivera in December 2017 but pulled out with a broken arm, and hasn't been heard from since besides annoying Joe Rogan on commentary.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

tesilential posted:

And gently caress those of you who turn the MM thing into some struggle against the man. This isn’t some class warfare poo poo, it’s fighting. This thread was kicking rear end for years before anybody posted about PPV buys and draws, now that’s all you idiots talk about.

It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

tesilential posted:

This thread was kicking rear end for years before anybody posted about PPV buys and draws, now that’s all you idiots talk about.

You're just outright making poo poo up now.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I knew a guy who used to do like humanitarian work through his church in rural Romania, and he once met an elderly man who complained about the corruption in Bucharest and all these young people who dressed funny and didn't respect the old days, and he missed the Soviet bloc state status quo. I never understood how someome could miss rolling blackouts or staying in lines for hours to get your weekly ration of a cup od sugar. And then someone posted the era of the MOBN Sprawl was prime posting.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It was weird seeing Cody clown on Cruz for the entire fight and make his style look super easy to deal with when everyone else has trouble only to get knocked out in his first title defense

Cody so instinctively clowns he was doing his in between rounds trash talk routine after he was back on his feet and TJ was going back to his corner to celebrate.

Bluedeanie posted:

I knew a guy who used to do like humanitarian work through his church in rural Romania, and he once met an elderly man who complained about the corruption in Bucharest and all these young people who dressed funny and didn't respect the old days, and he missed the Soviet bloc state status quo. I never understood how someome could miss rolling blackouts or staying in lines for hours to get your weekly ration of a cup od sugar. And then someone posted the era of the MOBN Sprawl was prime posting.

oh god MOBN

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

eric posted:

Cody so instinctively clowns he was doing his in between rounds trash talk routine after he was back on his feet and TJ was going back to his corner to celebrate.

I think cody's just legitimately really really dumb like in a real way... Don't want to use banned words with a hostile Moderator but you know what I'm thinking.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hes not hte sharpest but hes a good man

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Abysmal posted:

preach, garbrandt humiliated and retired him

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

hes not hte sharpest but hes a good man

Ya he seems like a legit good dude, he just buys hard into the TAM bs hard and is super loving dopey

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Brian Ortega seems like he'd be an amazing boyfriend no homo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Gay Horney posted:

Brian Ortega seems like he'd be an amazing boyfriend no homo

no poo poo. he takes so many steroids and gets so horny he'd gently caress your asss until it's unrecognisable. people walking behind you wondering how homer's bbq became sandwiched between legs and a busted rear end face.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I haven’t been paying attention to the Embedded videos and whatever but this TJ/Cody fight has flown under the radar for me because it seems like there’s a lot less TAM related bad blood and homoerotic trash talk this time. Should still be a great fight though and I hope this time it actually goes longer.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
There will be a lot more after Saturday, they're still promoting 226

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

jay z's sedan posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLease don't mess around about this

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
listen to the bee

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mekchu posted:

Its a pretty awesome card. Time for NYSAC to somehow ruin it.

fight cancelled when NYSAC becomes concerned Stipe has aphasia

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I like Ortega but I think he will lose. Max should be #1 p4p

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

spb posted:

I like Ortega but I think he will lose. Max should be #1 p4p

hmm i'd say he's definitely top 3. i still think mm would absolutely mop the floor with garbrandt or dillashaw. not sure i'd say the same of max and khabib.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

of all the current champions though max has the best resume and is the most watchable. he is just completely unable to not be in a sick fight since he graduated from being lose-to-conor's-wrestling bad

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

hmm i'd say he's definitely top 3. i still think mm would absolutely mop the floor with garbrandt or dillashaw. not sure i'd say the same of max and khabib.

to bad mm isnt so sure lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

of all the current champions though max has the best resume and is the most watchable. he is just completely unable to not be in a sick fight since he graduated from being lose-to-conor's-wrestling bad

ive never even seen that fight, was he pretty bad?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

tesilential posted:

I want to see MM fight TJ because it’s a super competitive fight between two P4P talents. I call MM a coward because he’s ducking TJ in his own natural weight class, we’re not asking him to do anything crazy, just fight the toughest guy at your weight. He won’t be fighting the best version of TJ yet he still doesn’t wanna risk it. He’d rather fight guys way below his level (cejudo aside) and rack up his title defense record. In my mind Max’s steak is just as if not more impressive than MM’s, even though Max has only a single defense.

Dana White is the rear end in a top hat boss we've all had, who succeeds despite making borderline nonsensical decisions.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

ive never even seen that fight, was he pretty bad?

it was just a strangefight imo. Holloway broke his foot in the first or something, Conor blew his knee up trying to wrestle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

to bad mm isnt so sure lol

yeah it's hard to take that position when he's so dead set against the fight lol but i still like the cejudo rematch. cejudo has improved drastically since his first annihilation, though i'm fairly certain he's got nothing that mm won't just figure out instantly and negate but it's still a great fight. sergio pettis absolutely deserves a title shot now so it's not like mm is currently in a cleared out division any more and tj / garbrandt still have marlon moraes and cruz waiting around. aljo and riveira too if they get a good win.

i wish they fought but yeah it may not happen for a while unless dana wants to open the wallet.

• Locked thread