Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Libluini posted:

Ha ha what? How is this even possible without having severe braindamage? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Libluini posted:

Skinly came up enough in this thread even I remember that's 100% a troll account

There even was a slapfight between Internet Warlord and Fake Vietnam Vet at one point, where Derek simply couldn't accept that he wasn't "owning" the troll account by proving Skinly wasn't really a vet.

That was the best of some of the Derek times. :grin:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Sadder still that a 'linguist' doesn't know it is "etymology" not "etiology"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ratmtattat posted:

Somebody tell me that legal response is a joke. I almost cannot believe they would try to use the Shaggy "Wasn't Me" defense.

What does your heart tell you?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

You have to realize, Gremlich is one of the stupidest fuckers to have ever climbed out of a sludge pit and into the toxic cesspool of reddit.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

:lol:

The power of infinite shell companies.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I love when stuff like this comes to light because it just screams "we're shady as gently caress, do business with us at your own risk!"

And while for most normal people this would set off "avoid" alerts, for the Citizens it's just something to look beyond and ignore and pretend it's ok.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

The Titanic posted:

I love when stuff like this comes to light because it just screams "we're shady as gently caress, do business with us at your own risk!"

And while for most normal people this would set off "avoid" alerts, for the Citizens it's just something to look beyond and ignore and pretend it's ok.

It's a bit similar to the bitcoin idiots on reddit. They were all very much aware that things were shady as gently caress and yet they still went for it, because "i'm a smart person, so I'll surely not get scammed".

It's eerily how close star citizer and buttcoiners are alike.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

fuuuuuuuuuck

lowtax just add a monthly $1-10/patreon to access the forums or whatever, if I'm willing to pay for cum related podcasts I can probably fit this into my budget but gently caress ever turning off addblock on this site

how many vietnam broken brained individuals does the verse have? it seems to be kind of a common thing to be a space grandpa who isn't used to people questioning his AUTHORITY

Morphix fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 4, 2018

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:patriot:

quote:

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR SUBMISSIONS - ALL SUBMISSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED TO TWITTER

#StarCitizen #FourthofJuly2018 #TwitterSpam

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

What a clusterfuck. Someone tweet the July blog, that was the best explosion of this fiasco.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Guys we just need to accept that he's an expert linguist and shooty-person! Nobody knows more than him, ok?

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Quavers posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/4th-of-july-screenshot-contest/1301540

quote:

Lunar@Nector +3 Votes
Today at 8:50 am
Why twitter...

hmmmmmm why indeed

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Morphix posted:

fuuuuuuuuuck

lowtax just add a monthly $1-10/patreon to access the forums or whatever, if I'm willing to pay for cum related podcasts I can probably fit this into my budget but gently caress ever turning off addblock on this site

how many vietnam broken brained individuals does the verse have? it seems to be kind of a common thing to be a space grandpa who isn't used to people questioning his AUTHORITY

Gremlich is in his own special little category as far as insistently doubling down when he's wrong in the face of evidence and expert opinion. I'm glad there's an internet between me and him, god only knows what he's like in person

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Gremlich is in his own special little category as far as insistently doubling down when he's wrong in the face of evidence and expert opinion. I'm glad there's an internet between me and him, god only knows what he's like in person

He might be a really great guy in person. I've known quite a few people who are friendly, selfless and tolerant people in real life, but turn into abrasive, obnoxious and/or petty little monsters online. It feels me with fremdschämen when this happens, as I wonder how this can be one and the same person.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Star Citizen never ceases to amaze me how it pulls in all of the best elements of the internet into one convenient package.

This guy is so amazingly full of poo poo. I'm in the US Army, and while I'm no weapons expert (I'm an intelligence weenie), I have fired all of the weapons he is talking about, except for the M3 which was phased out decades ago and was barely even used in Vietnam.

He seems to think that the tiny reciprocal force of the ejection of the shell casing moves the whole weapon towards the right in a noticeable way. But. even if this were true, it would influence the recoil to towards the left, because the casing ejects on the right side of the weapon.

The bit about the three round burst is even funnier. It just fires three rounds in quick succession with one trigger pull, it doesn't change "the physics". It's purpose is to provide a higher rate of fire than semi-auto for suppression or CQC, but with more control and accuracy than full auto.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 4, 2018

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Quavers posted:

someone with a twitter account tweet the video of the ship exploding but not harming the citizen who happens to be dancing on it

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

PederP posted:

He might be a really great guy in person. I've known quite a few people who are friendly, selfless and tolerant people in real life, but turn into abrasive, obnoxious and/or petty little monsters online. It feels me with fremdschämen when this happens, as I wonder how this can be one and the same person.

Yeah, I'm sure Gremlich is a blast at parties.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

colonelwest posted:

Star Citizen never ceases to amaze me how it pulls in all of the best elements of the internet into one convenient package.

This guy is so amazingly full of poo poo. I'm in the US Army, and while I'm no weapons expert (I'm an intelligence weenie), I have fired all of the weapons he is talking about, except for the M3 which was phased out decades ago and was barely even used in Vietnam.

He seems to think that the tiny reciprocal force of the ejection of the shell casing moves the whole weapon towards the right in a noticeable way. But. even if this were true, it would influence the recoil to towards the left, because the casing ejects on the right side of the weapon.

The bit about the three round burst is even funnier. It just fires three rounds in quick succession with one trigger pull, it doesn't change "the physics". It's purpose is to provide a higher rate of fire than semi-auto for suppression or QCC, but with more control and accuracy than full auto.

First rule with Star Citizen is not to interject facts into fiction.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

First rule with Star Citizen is not to

A more generalised version.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Well, it was during the "Tonk" reveal so maybe someone (MIRIFICUS!) can find that. It was pretty funny. But I do have a screenshot of him proving Braben had sold his company to Sony:

(Your brain damage theory may be right... or maybe he's a just loving disingenuous moron)

Wow, this is so brazen and dumb my headache is getting stronger just from reading it. Note to self: Don't read dumbass creeds while suffering from a bad cold.

To be fair, I have seen this "tactic" used to create some funny jokes about bad journalism, but the idea someone would use this for real would have never crossed my mind. Probably because I'm not an idiot.

"Panzerkampfwagon", what the hell. Even if you could argue that since the German language allows you to just form new compounds at will, a -wagon would make every German think the writer/speaker is talking about some kind of armed and armored railway carriage. But they won't, because in 99% of cases a German would just assume you pronounced "Panzerkampfwagen" wrong and would correct you.

And while I'm not a linguist, I'm pretty sure the rest is just bullshit. I mean at the very least the bit about "German people can have French names" slays me. Dude, while that can happen, we still pronounce the names German and having an unusual name in Germany doesn't automatically bestow upon you the ability to talk in foreign accents

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

doingitwrong posted:

I dispute all the claim

Holy lol I just now realized "I dispute all the claim" is not some Goon all your base joke. He actually wrote it that way hahaha

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Virtual Captain posted:

Holy lol I just now realized "I dispute all the claim" is not some Goon all your base joke. He actually wrote it that way hahaha

All your cash are belong to us.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Ortwin wrote the book on this kind of thing.

"Chapter 9: Wrong Company!"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

XK posted:

It would be some "Choose Your Own Adventure" book.

If you decide to sue Company C, turn to page 200.

If you decide to sue Company B, turn to page 199.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

XK posted:

"Chapter 11: We're the wrong company!?"

megane
Jun 20, 2008

They can't convict you if they can't guess which one of your 500 companies you were thinking about when you did the crime

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I did click on the Donations! link to give some of my monies to Lowtax for this wonderful forum, but I got this scary thing:

1. That is scary
2. I just want to pledge
3. Will Lowtax give me a spaceship jpg if I do?

They just forgot to renew the certificate for secure.somethingawful.com (which expired today), so the browser is warning you that it can't verify the identity of the server.
The 'Advanced' button will give you an option to continue anyway, or you can wait for them to fix it. I reported it in the technical thread in QQcs a few minutes ago. :)

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Virtual Captain posted:

This. All of it.

It could be a Derek-alt joke :tinfoil:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Bofast posted:

They just forgot to renew the certificate for secure.somethingawful.com (which expired today), so the browser is warning you that it can't verify the identity of the server.
The 'Advanced' button will give you an option to continue anyway, or you can wait for them to fix it. I reported it in the technical thread in QQcs a few minutes ago. :)

Also, if you don't want to see ads, you can purchase the No-Ads upgrade. (Once the certificate issue is sorted)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
TWITCH: AstroPub takes on the World’s Deadliest Fetch Quest
(starts at 3:34:48, if my mobile link is bad...)

A downed Starfarer, a valuable box, and the promise of a 900 credit reward. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to:

1) Enter Ship...
2) Pick Up Box...
3) Leave Ship with Box...

... alive!

Companions can assist you, should they be willing to put their lives at stake, too.

”It’s in your hands...Good luck!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

colonelwest posted:

The bit about the three round burst is even funnier. It just fires three rounds in quick succession with one trigger pull, it doesn't change "the physics". It's purpose is to provide a higher rate of fire than semi-auto for suppression or CQC, but with more control and accuracy than full auto.

This is because he has played many games where you can use the HK G11 so 3-burst no recoil is what he expects.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ratmtattat posted:

Somebody tell me that legal response is a joke. I almost cannot believe they would try to use the Shaggy "Wasn't Me" defense.

It started out as a joke because they had 15 shell companies, but then they started just publicly and blatantly using the concept as a weapon and made it extremely apparent the only reason they created more than a dozen corporations, some with virtually identical names with 1 changed letter, was to be shady as gently caress.

Every time someone comes after them they go "Oh You sued Robert Space Cloud Service? Well we are Robert Space Cloud Services, and since your complaint isn't factually correct it is invalid."

Also it's buried in these thread but ManOfManyAliases' favorite argument was this exact thing.

"No, you see someone mentioned Shell Corporation #7, Roberts Space Industries Pacific when it was actually Shell Corporation #13 Robert Space Industries Pacific that was responsible. But since the name isn't exactly correct the entire case should be thrown out of court."

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 4, 2018

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

G0RF posted:

A downed Starfarer, a valuable box, and the promise of a 900 credit reward. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to:

1) Enter Ship...
2) Pick Up Box...

... alive!

Companions can assist you, should they be willing to put their lives at stake, too.

AAAA+ box-carrying gameplay right there

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Quavers posted:

AAAA+ box-carrying gameplay right there

Sickens me that you would troll with the AAAA+ rating for this savior of PC gaming. At least give it a AAAA++ rating.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

trucutru posted:

I am sorry to inform you guys that 2 MoMAs have been let go. We wish them the best in any future endeavors they may have in their respective fields.

I hope it wasn't cool MOMA.

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O

G0RF posted:

1) Enter Ship...
2) Pick Up Box...

... alive!

"And this a 900 dollar game"

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/279921378?t=03h36m11s

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsd7M2Fas5A