Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ishii gonna face Walter in Rev Pro on August 17th :woop:

Edit: phone posting!!!

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Are the UK shows they just did gonna be put on world?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

deadkiller615 posted:

Are the UK shows they just did gonna be put on world?

Yes. RevPro has first dibs, but they're going up in a few days. Maybe after the SF show?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Naito just turned heel again

https://twitter.com/s_d_naito/status/1013911768266100743

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Suzuki's 30th Anniversary show featuring his match with Okada in the rain will be aired on TV Asahi 2 on July 25th. So there's another match to watch during the G1.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

well at least he's alive to eat. That neck crash looked scary as hell.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gumball Gumption posted:

I 100% believe Oka came up with that on his own because his only reference point is anime/manga
:yeah:
Another connection between NJPW and pedos? :thunk:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Everything Is Fogle

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I Before E posted:

Everything Is Fogle

McLovin?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Someone uploaded the NJPWxCEO matches to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chTdeioNs2I

If you want to see Naito and Ibushi and can't wait until (when/if) those matches get up on World or can't get Twitch to work properly.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's been overshadowed by ... well, everything, but the actual wrestling on that show is good and worth watching, with a great main event.

I actually really dug Cobb/Owens, probably the most underrated match on that card.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

It's been overshadowed by ... well, everything, but the actual wrestling on that show is good and worth watching, with a great main event.

I actually really dug Cobb/Owens, probably the most underrated match on that card.

Chase is really good. I hope one day he gets to hit that Package Piledriver on Okada.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Chase Owens has the most fitting physique in all of New Japan.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Speaking of the British shows - have some fans being shits

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1013711947848732672

Looks like some fans decided to pay for merch/signings at the meet and greet with bills that are no longer legal tender. The British Banks would exchange them for current bills of course but currency exchange or foreign banks won't. And what are the odds non British talent would know that?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Speaking of the British shows - have some fans being shits

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1013711947848732672

Looks like some fans decided to pay for merch/signings at the meet and greet with bills that are no longer legal tender. The British Banks would exchange them for current bills of course but currency exchange or foreign banks won't. And what are the odds non British talent would know that?

Several people living in England still don't know.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

To make that shittier, you can't exchange paper £5 notes at banks any more. The only place you can exchange them is at the actual physical Bank of England in London and I'm not sure the NJPW wrestlers would have had time to go there before their scheduled flights out of the country. Hopefully Ospreay/Zack/the local talent/promoters did them a solid and exchanged them for legal tender.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I don't see what the problem is, it's people pretending to fight, I think you should be allowed to only pretend to pay :confused:

(Seriously though, that's super lovely and hope it was just a mistake instead of malice. ZSJ seems like the kind of guy who'd be willing to go out of his way to help his Japanese buddies with something like this)

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Comedy option, it was the promoter and not fans

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Baron Corbyn posted:

To make that shittier, you can't exchange paper £5 notes at banks any more. The only place you can exchange them is at the actual physical Bank of England in London and I'm not sure the NJPW wrestlers would have had time to go there before their scheduled flights out of the country. Hopefully Ospreay/Zack/the local talent/promoters did them a solid and exchanged them for legal tender.

Why can’t they still be used like old US smallface bills are? When they are used and eventually get back to the banks they get removed from circulation.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Why can’t they still be used like old US smallface bills are? When they are used and eventually get back to the banks they get removed from circulation.

Technically businesses could accept them on this basis, much as they do for notes/bills printed by some other banks but as this type of note has actually been out of circulation for like 6 months? You'd be hard pressed to find a place willing to deal with the hassle.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

The new notes are much harder to counterfeit so maybe something to do as a countermeasure to that.

The UK is really far along the line to being a cashless society compared to places like the USA and especially Japan so it isn't really too much of an issue outside of this one specific case.

One way to really annoy people is to refuse to take Scottish £5 notes though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also this isn't a 'it's an old picture' situation. The new bills are totally different. They're made from a plastic polymer, so they look and feel nothing alike

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Are tickets fpr NJPW shows available online in advance, or is it strictly a convenience store ticketing system? I'm planning a trip in October, would be cool to see whatever show usually happens around there.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kikkoman posted:

Are tickets fpr NJPW shows available online in advance, or is it strictly a convenience store ticketing system? I'm planning a trip in October, would be cool to see whatever show usually happens around there.

They have started doing an English language online ticketing service for outside Japan, but so far it’s only been for their very biggest shows. I don’t really know if King of Pro Wrestling would be big enough but I would guess not

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

any currency with the queens face is unacceptable

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kikkoman posted:

they usually have links on the site for each individual event and then the link from there to online ticketing, but as you'd imagine the online ticketing is driven through the convenience store chains and/or is very reliant on being in Japan itself.

If you're around for a "Road to..." show you should be able to pick up tickets one or two days before at a convenience store (wrestling tickets are under sports -> martial arts and then NJPW), and most of those shows are also walk-up too. Korakuen...hard to say if that's harder or easier, but unless it's New Year's Dash it should be fine to get there a few hours early and get tickets. The Japanese NJPW twitter account likes to post photos of the ticket status for their live events, and those usually only go to Super No Vacancy Sold Out right before the show, and most times it's the cheapest seats gone last.

But I'd check online first, see what the schedule looks like in regards to when/where they have house shows, and try to get convenience store tickets a day or two before the event after that once you're in Japan.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Here's KUSHIDA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi in FirePro World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THOyyO-azM

Can't believe Tana pulled the dick move of skipping KUSHIDA's entrance

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

Here's KUSHIDA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi in FirePro World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THOyyO-azM

Can't believe Tana pulled the dick move of skipping KUSHIDA's entrance

I love that Tanahashi shows up in his usual gear while KUSHIDA's in his street clothes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

I love that Tanahashi shows up in his usual gear while KUSHIDA's in his street clothes.

That's also Tanahashi's street clothes.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
a match ending on a boston crab out of nowhere is like the ultimate fire pro wrestling experience.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I wish it was a critical right at the start of the match. It's the best when that happens.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.

I'm not sure when this banner originally came up. I've been out-of-town for a while. If you're not in the US you can catch the San Francisco show this Saturday (07/07) live on NJPW World. I'm not sure if NJPW World uses your IP to determine your location or some other method.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it does, you can watch the livestream with a VPN

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there a way to trick a Fire Stick into thinking you're not in the US?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmmm i think you would need a VPN on the router level

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Quite excited that they've uploaded the Strong Style Evolved shows to NJPW World already so I can see just how silly Oka's gimmick looks. Just glad that's my evening's entertainment sorted.

There's also a documentary on Suzuki in England but it's not been subtitled.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Quite excited that they've uploaded the Strong Style Evolved shows to NJPW World already so I can see just how silly Oka's gimmick looks. Just glad that's my evening's entertainment sorted.

There's also a documentary on Suzuki in England but it's not been subtitled.

Oh cool, thanks for the heads-up! Definitely gotta watch the Okada vs ZSJ and Suzuki vs Ishii matches, not really interested in anything else on those cards. Just going to bed so will catch them when I get up in the morning :)

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I stumbled across the Suzuki/ZSJ vs Okada/Ishii match on YouTube and decided to watch it. It was pretty good, but Okada's pants look pretty dumb, and the balloons didn't help.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Go watch the ZSJ/Okada and Ishii/Suzuki matches on World. Could of been better mic'ed (though way better than the CEO shows) but drat the matches are good.

Also drat the G1 seems wide open now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thoughts on the balloons?