Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Deonna's on the NOVA Pro show Friday but, oof
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/1007431550470967297

At least there's these:
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/1013575576987332608
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/1010176359887499264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chris James 2 posted:

Worst Card of the Year candidate just with 3 names on the promo

Other than being an arrogant shite, what's Aries done to warrant such esteemed company?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

forkboy84 posted:

Other than being an arrogant shite, what's Aries done to warrant such esteemed company?
Forcibly thrust his crotch into a woman's face on a TNA show because she messed up his ring introduction or something

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Starr is a great short-term replacement but man I wanted to see Eagles/Grace so bad. Women's indie dream match.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Boco_T posted:

Deonna's on the NOVA Pro show Friday but, oof
What's the oof? Faye is very charismatic and entertaining. Faye is a bit green in the ring, but improving quickly. Her match at CWF Saturday night was way better than I expected.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Thinks the boston marathon bombing was a hoax.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
For a brief moment I thought Logan Easton LaRoux was some kayfabe son of Lash LaRoux, until I remembered that Lash spelled it LeRoux.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MrBling posted:

For a brief moment I thought Logan Easton LaRoux was some kayfabe son of Lash LaRoux, until I remembered that Lash spelled it LeRoux.

Made funnier by the fact that Laroux works a similar gimmick to Maxwell Jacob Friedman (rich rear end in a top hat), who is doing a comedy angle right now where Colt Cabana is his dad (they look alike somewhat). Colt interrupted his entrance during a recent match to give him a brown bagged lunch and a hug.

Now I kind of want a KOT team of Laroux, Friedman, and Ted Dibiase Jr. Call 'em the Fortunate Sons (I think that may have been the name of Ted Jr's tag team in FCW).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nova Pro is some good stuff if you dont have a local indie of your own to root for.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SCI first round matchups:

Ike Cross vs Corey Hollis
Jake Parnell vs Darius Lockhart
Gary Jay vs Cain Justice
Mance Warner vs Fred Yehi
Curt Stallion vs Joey Lynch
PCO vs Cyrus The Destroyer
AJ Gray vs 2 Cold Scorpio
Kerry Awful vs Nick Gage

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

SCI first round matchups:

Ike Cross vs Corey Hollis
Jake Parnell vs Darius Lockhart
Gary Jay vs Cain Justice
Mance Warner vs Fred Yehi
Curt Stallion vs Joey Lynch
PCO vs Cyrus The Destroyer
AJ Gray vs 2 Cold Scorpio
Kerry Awful vs Nick Gage

Nice mix of up and coming indy guys and indy names, would attend

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm really hoping Ishii tags WALTER in their match.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

Nova Pro is some good stuff if you dont have a local indie of your own to root for.
What if they are my local indie? :ohdear:

(I like MCW more, but NoVa Pro is more local.)

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Sub Rosa posted:

What's the oof? Faye is very charismatic and entertaining. Faye is a bit green in the ring, but improving quickly. Her match at CWF Saturday night was way better than I expected.
Faye is over and I don't go to NOVA for workrate, it's true, but Faye is going to be over no matter who she faces. When you have a high level worker like Deonna coming in for one last show you gotta at least book her against Harlow or Angelus or something. You have Deonna and Shazza on the same show and they aren't working against each other, that seems like a wasted opportunity.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Worst Card of the Year candidate just with 3 names on the promo

Hogwrestling gets a new meaning this summer

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Made funnier by the fact that Laroux works a similar gimmick to Maxwell Jacob Friedman (rich rear end in a top hat), who is doing a comedy angle right now where Colt Cabana is his dad (they look alike somewhat). Colt interrupted his entrance during a recent match to give him a brown bagged lunch and a hug.

Now I kind of want a KOT team of Laroux, Friedman, and Ted Dibiase Jr. Call 'em the Fortunate Sons (I think that may have been the name of Ted Jr's tag team in FCW).

Ahem.

https://twitter.com/MartyScurll/status/919368254547689472

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Boco_T posted:

Faye is over and I don't go to NOVA for workrate, it's true, but Faye is going to be over no matter who she faces. When you have a high level worker like Deonna coming in for one last show you gotta at least book her against Harlow or Angelus or something. You have Deonna and Shazza on the same show and they aren't working against each other, that seems like a wasted opportunity.
:ssh: Deonna shouldn't be going over anyone if she's not coming back. Also, Harlow is way newer than Faye.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I meant over with the crowd, as in the crowd will be happy with Faye's match no matter who she is facing.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

forkboy84 posted:

For that matter, what did Sami Callihan do?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Broke a guy's face on an exceedingly ill-advised spot, used that face breaking as an angle to heel it up. Which is absolutely nothing as far as wrestling goes, but maybe there's something else I missed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Abused his ex girlfriend iirc

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sami injured Eddie Edwards in a TNA segment that should never have been cleared (but I repeat myself) then leaned into the actual heat it got him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sami sucked poo poo iirc

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Ex-wife Chrissy Rivera publically accused him on twitter, but then deleted the tweets.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The only two good Sami matches I know about were in PWG before his NXT run. The match vs Drake Younger for the PWG title shot and the Iron Man match against Adam Cole at Is your body ready?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

https://twitter.com/ShaneHelmsCom/status/1014642541952753665

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Ex-wife Chrissy Rivera publically accused him on twitter, but then deleted the tweets.

She did a shoot interview a few years ago detailing her and Sami's relationship and got pretty detailed about it. It was not good.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DM Punk posted:

She did a shoot interview a few years ago detailing her and Sami's relationship and got pretty detailed about it. It was not good.

Oh geez. Yeah, that's plenty of reason to hate the guy.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jenkem Delivery posted:

The only two good Sami matches I know about were in PWG before his NXT run. The match vs Drake Younger for the PWG title shot and the Iron Man match against Adam Cole at Is your body ready?

"good" Sami matches.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

for what its worth me and my friends watched sami and jessica havok screaming at each other in front of a subway during mania weekend in between the wrestlecon cards a lot of it was screaming over havok wanting to go see a show i wouldnt be surprised to hear abuse goin on in that relationship

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sami's gimmick is being an unsafe rear end in a top hat which is all the reason you should need to not want to give him money.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Less serious than the other stuff but Sami tried to convince Chuck Taylor and Dan Barry that Nick Gage meant to get caught

Less of an accusation, rather more a "Get a load of this guy" type thing.

I will say that some of his singles matches with the Lucha Brothers in AAW were quite good.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 5, 2018

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Sami is trash, Rich is trash. I'm immensely skeptical of any dude that runs in their orbit.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Sami Callihan was never on my radar but once at an NXT armory show I saw a real pouty young boy with a sidecut taking props back and forth and looked him up later. Dude looked completely miserable to be a stagehand to the point of diddling with the props at ringside during matches and more or less getting himself over in a staff polo.

Then he had that tv debut with that dumb rear end rebound splash, lol

Last time I saw him live was at Orlando mania week, when he was “shooting” in the ring post show about those pussy mother fuckers at full sail, and this is where the real poo poo is at (Pancakes and Piledrivers)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've met Sami a few times and he was pretty cool. But all the poo poo he's hosed up is not a good look.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

beggar posted:

Sami Callihan was never on my radar but once at an NXT armory show I saw a real pouty young boy with a sidecut taking props back and forth and looked him up later. Dude looked completely miserable to be a stagehand to the point of diddling with the props at ringside during matches and more or less getting himself over in a staff polo.

Last time I saw him live was at Orlando mania week, when he was “shooting” in the ring post show about those pussy mother fuckers at full sail, and this is where the real poo poo is at (Pancakes and Piledrivers)

In his defence, making GBS threads on WWE after getting released is something people much cooler than him have been doing a long time. Hero taking a pedigree and kicking out at 1 on a DGUSA show comes to mind, and Hero is one of the most solid people in wrestling as far as I know.

Now that I've said this watch someone inform me he does some gross poo poo from which there is no return.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
At an AAW show I saw Drew McIntyre cut a promo about how he didn't need WWE and was his own man now, then like a month later he re-signed with WWE

"WWE sucks and I'm better without it" is standard promo faire for ex-WWE dudes on the Indies

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hero taking a pedigree and kicking out at 1 on a DGUSA show comes to mind, and Hero is one of the most solid people in wrestling as far as I know.

he did this at one of the last EVOLVE shows he was on, against Dick Togo, like two months before he returned lol

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

beggar posted:

Legit dug that move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Blast Fantasto posted:

At an AAW show I saw Drew McIntyre cut a promo about how he didn't need WWE and was his own man now, then like a month later he re-signed with WWE

"WWE sucks and I'm better without it" is standard promo faire for ex-WWE dudes on the Indies

WWE approached Drew Wrestlemania weekend at short notice to be fair.

Dave Lagana was amid filming a documentary about him.