Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ssmagus posted:

13 disqualifying fouls, 4 Australian. Sobey, Golding, Maker, Kickert. 9 Philippines. Romeo, Cruz, Castro, Abueva, Blatche, Pogoy, Rosario, Aguilar, Wright. 1 chair thrown, about 3 flying kicks, a whole team beatdown, alot of head punches. The streamable is up a few posts, so watch that.

One of these things is not like the other.

I’m also 1,000 percent sure this will be discussed on High Noon (9 am Pacific) after their vacation week, because Pablo Torre was all over it on Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chifley
Nov 4, 2009
SEN tweeting that Cyril Rioli is retiring:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07/03/rioli-tells-hawks-teammates-he-is-retiring

Legit?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Up on the afl website so...maybe?

Feels weird that he’s only played 189 games

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Maybe he's concerned about how his body is holding up or the mental drain of it is getting a bit too much.

edit: Just saw that his dad isn't doing great after his heart attack. Family and friends should always come first

Testekill fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 4, 2018

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Ugh, feels badman

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
There has been speculation that he was going to retire all year on the Hawthorn board. It’s to take his family back home I think. Thanks for being such a star and helping us get to 4 flags Cyril! You brought us a lot of joy. The silver lining is that he hasn’t played much in the last two years anyway, and this frees up some cap space for the next couple of years.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Is it bad I'm somewhat relieved he's retired as it means I no longer have to watch him tear us a new one every time he's on the field against us when we play the Hawks

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

realbez posted:

The silver lining is that he hasn’t played much in the last two years anyway, and this frees up some cap space for the next couple of years.

Tom Lynch?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Tom Lynch is def going to Hawthorn

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

We can dream

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

Tom Lynch is def going to Hawthorn

They've already been heavily linked to Steve May so either is a massive win for them and a nail in the coffin for the Suns.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
He's given us plenty. I guess between spending so much time off with injury and of course being so far from his family, it was probably an easy decision.

Besides, four flags and a Norm Smith? Hard to improve on that.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I’m just bummed not to get to see him play at the highest level again, less bummed about never hearing Channel 7 calling Cyril again.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I'm going to miss watching Cyril play a great deal.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spedman posted:

I’m just bummed not to get to see him play at the highest level again, less bummed about never hearing Channel 7 calling Cyril again.

MAAAAAAAGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

spamman posted:

I'm going to miss watching Cyril play a great deal.

He was pretty loving special, to borrow a phrase. He could fatally damage you without recording a stat of any kind. I haven’t seen a player so single handedly damaging since Ablett Sr

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Patton appears to have done an ACL in training, i guess now we get to see what an AFL game looks like between two teams that dont have a forward line.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Well Jake Carlisle has a punctured lung and Josh Bruce fractured his leg at training so fuuuuuck this loving season.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

Well Jake Carlisle has a punctured lung and Josh Bruce fractured his leg at training so fuuuuuck this loving season.

Could they really not have done this 7 days ago instead?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Nutsngum posted:

If we're truly serious about getting more game time into our list over the back half of the season, then I really hope both Austin and Goddard get a look in this week over bloody Sam Gilbert.

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 5, 2018

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

What the gently caress football. Stop being so stupid.

monolithburger posted:

If we're truly serious about getting more game time into our list over the back half of the season, then I really hope both Austin and Goddard get a look in this week over bloody Sam Gilbert.

You'd bloody well hope so but I have no confidence that will happen. Charlie Dixon will kick 20 goals this week.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

masterpine posted:

Patton appears to have done an ACL in training, i guess now we get to see what an AFL game looks like between two teams that dont have a forward line.

Simpson had a point last week that the Eagles problems weren't caused by a lack of a decent forward line. Hopefully the mids can sort their poo poo out in time.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Sounds like the injury wheel is turning.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

monolithburger posted:

quote:

It is believed the star defender had been receiving treatment to relieve tension on a rib injury prior to training on Thursday.

Carlisle received an injection before suffering a minor puncture to his lung, which is expected to have him in the frame to play against Carlton next Friday night.

Sounds like they might've stuck the needle in a bit far

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Largepotato posted:

Sounds like the injury wheel is turning.

It just ran over the Saints :smith:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

harperdc posted:

Ran over the Bulldogs the other day. Bailey Williams has a stress fracture in his foot so he's probably going to be back in time for maybe the final round and the cupboard is so bare that we have to play Shane Biggs despite him playing one of the worst games that I've ever seen a supposedly experienced player play a couple of weeks ago.

edit: these are all of our fit avaliable players not named in our seniors side. It doesn't include Daniel or Biggs who have been named but it's pretty sad since we only have three fit smalls avaliable and everyone else are key position players or ruckmen. Of course those small players are a small forward who can't go through the middle, a late pick who is still developing and Mitch Honeychurch who averages three kicks into the man on the mark a game.

Greene
Porter
Mullenger-McHugh
Roughead
Campbell
Collins
Young
Roberts
Honeychurch

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jul 5, 2018

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

harperdc posted:

Its been running all over us this year. Not as bad as Adelaide but weve been constantly missing 4 or so best 22 players the entire year. Weve been poo poo regardless but that has not helped at all.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Carlton only have 7 players to play every game this season so far: Patrick Cripps, Paddy Dow, Zac Fisher, Liam Jones, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Kade Simpson & Matthew Wright. With Dow, Fisher & SPS being first and second year players and Dow is being rested this week. Ed Curnow and Dale Thomas missed 1 match each via suspension.

There is a lot of red in here and I suspect Kreuzer to go down and miss another week or two before the season is over. With Casboult and Garlett both out injured/omitted this week.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The wheel grows hungrier. It cannot be satisfied. In the end, it will devour all of our soft tissue.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I welcome the inevitable wheel death of the universe

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
no coincidence that galaxies are shaped and move like wheels

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I loving hate watching footy with my dad he's gratingly negative. Never stops moaning and whining. Have barely left the top 8 in a decade and he just sooks constantly.

We're in front ffs

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

I loving hate watching footy with my dad he's gratingly negative. Never stops moaning and whining.

B... brother?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBLeAfl9_QY

Me IRL, except I dont have any mints

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Germaine Jones seems like an utter oval office

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lol if geelong lose this

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Finally

Even dad is happy

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That slow mo replay of Taylors reaction. This is our best win for the year imo, pretty stoked atm.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Did Geelong poach Ben Dixon or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
lmao @ that scoreline.