Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I got the cat paint & primed pressure point, and am tempted by the prisma tetra and hydroid skin. And I got primed reach, because I am an idiot who assumed it was ability range, not melee range which is now far less useful.

That would be Primed Stretch, which sadly does not exist.

EDIT: Look at us console people, we made it to page 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
this game is drat fine on consoles. even though I am terrible at spy/rescue missions and need to be carried through them constantly

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

TheAgent posted:

this game is drat fine on consoles. even though I am terrible at spy/rescue missions and need to be carried through them constantly

Rescue missions are easy: Loki

Spy missions are easy once you watch a YouTube video on the "sneaky" way to do each. There's always some way around the difficult parts. Ivara makes them super easy, Loki plain old easy.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

My advice for spy missions would be to set aside one of your loadouts for stealth, and stick a fully upgraded Intruder on it, get an exilus adapter if you have to.

Corpus hacks are the worst, but if you go round the outside then spin the middle, even if you're terrible at them like me, you should have enough time.

You can also use ciphers, but don't start relying on them as a crutch because you can't use them on sorties and nightmare missions.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

The worst thing about corpus hacks is that they make a robot alert noise halfway through for no reason. Really gets on my tits.

I suppose it's too much to hope that Tennocon Baro isn't going to require truckloads of credits as well as ducats? I always seem to run out of credits first.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

My main advice for Spy is to set some time aside to learn the vaults. With some patience you'll be able to breeze through most of them as any frame easily. Going around the outside for corpus ciphers is the best way to go, since nearly every outside hex has only one possible orientation and everything just falls into place. Never not spin the middle piece until it magically works.

but seriously you should never need intruder

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

2 of my 3 active quests require me to hunt Juggernauts. It's so hard to do solo! Anybody want to pop in and help me out? I had a random guy help me a bit the other day. He was high-level and was grinding Atlas parts from the Golem. Turns out that the Super Juggernaut you fight in that mission also counts, and he could one-shot him. Maybe someone who has access to Golem could run that a few times with me? We can even quit after the Juggernaut, since you keep the quest progress, apparently. Atlas parts would be nice, but I mostly want to finish off these quests that have been sitting here for month.

-e- PSN: barren_sky

barren_sky fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 30, 2018

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
New thread title suggestions?
https://twitter.com/playwarframe/status/1012793282353483776

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

barren_sky posted:

2 of my 3 active quests require me to hunt Juggernauts. It's so hard to do solo! Anybody want to pop in and help me out? I had a random guy help me a bit the other day. He was high-level and was grinding Atlas parts from the Golem. Turns out that the Super Juggernaut you fight in that mission also counts, and he could one-shot him. Maybe someone who has access to Golem could run that a few times with me? We can even quit after the Juggernaut, since you keep the quest progress, apparently. Atlas parts would be nice, but I mostly want to finish off these quests that have been sitting here for month.

-e- PSN: barren_sky

I always found Juggernauts easiest to solo, because it’s so much simpler to summon them through kills. As for the fight itself, Volt will trivialise them - they just stand there and shoot uselessly at your shield while you rain death upon them.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The great thing about the thread title is it'll still apply for whatever update the PC has that we don't! :shepicide:

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

I always found Juggernauts easiest to solo, because it’s so much simpler to summon them through kills. As for the fight itself, Volt will trivialise them - they just stand there and shoot uselessly at your shield while you rain death upon them.

I've never been able to kill enough baddies to trigger a Juggernaut solo. I run through the level, trying to get as many following me as possible, then when I hear the roar and they turn yellow I unload. The trouble is that, because I'm solo, not enough seem to spawn, so I sprinting around trying track victims down before time is up and Juggernaut moves on. I'll look for some Youtube vids or something to figure it out.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I remember reading somewhere it's melee, not gun kills that set them off. Going nuts with a sword has definitely seemed more likely to summon for me, but that's just anecdotal.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
The standard "kill everything and then move on" tactic doesn't really seem to work in Infested missions, because there's always a trickle of Infested heading your way. So I've gotten used to killing only the Infested blocking the way or at the objective. And this works quite well with the Juggernaut. Ignore the enemies until you hear the roar. Then slaughter the conga line following you.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Coming back to prepare for Umbra I've been away for a good 6 months or so and it looks like they redid Focus again. All of my stuff got reset am I ok in assuming that zenurik is still the go to school grabbing energy pulse an energizing Dash? Also wondering if the new frame with the cat pet is any good and what Beasts of the sanctuary stuff is decent to work on.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Seem to be having a good night for Rivens. Managed to sell two for 10p each. I know that's gently caress all in the grand scheme of things, but it's better than melting them, right?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Seem to be having a good night for Rivens. Managed to sell two for 10p each. I know that's gently caress all in the grand scheme of things, but it's better than melting them, right?

only 10p for unveiled? Or for garbage ones? I managed to offload two of my "meh" ones for 10p and 20p last night. Pissed I unveiled the shotgun riven instead of just selling it for 100p =(

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

10p unveiled. They were for the Burston and Dark Split-Sword. OK stats, the Burston one had multishot. I still have a bunch of others but I want to build the guns for them to see if I like them. I seemed to be getting better replies before 11pm though.

I have one quest left, and it's Jordas. According to my stats, i've been playing for 536 hours and I haven't had that loving blueprint drop. If Jordas doesn't stop asking me if i've forgotten about Jordas, I'm grabbing Fragor and heading down to his processing core to do some percussive maintenence.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I have one quest left, and it's Jordas. According to my stats, i've been playing for 536 hours and I haven't had that loving blueprint drop. If Jordas doesn't stop asking me if i've forgotten about Jordas, I'm grabbing Fragor and heading down to his processing core to do some percussive maintenance.

Jeez, I assumed the drop rate would be high for the components for this quest. Having a tough enough time hunting a single juggernaut, let alone low odds of getting what you need. Irritating stuff like this makes me want to drop this game sometimes. The missions are what really drive me, and having to rely on luck like this just kills my enthusiasm.
The only items I'd really like to spend Plat to bypass are the only things I can't buy or trade for.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You can find Juggernauts really easy, just load up the exterminate mission on Eris, don't kill any of the infested and let them follow you. Within about a minute you'll get the warning scream that a juggernaut is approaching, so turn round and melee the gently caress out of the infested and you should set it off. Kill it, and if it doesn't drop the BP exit the mission and reload. Takes maybe a minute or two per attempt.

The problem is the drop chance is either horrendously low or bugged, because the drop chance website says it's a 100% chance specifically for the blueprint.

It would suck if it was a 100% chance drop first time but you can miss it, say if another player kills the juggernaut on the other side of the level and doesn't tag the BP, and then subsequent blueprints have a crazy low chance.

On a side note, I was pretty underwhelmed by the actual juggernaut after the buildup. Spoiler incase you haven't seen one but after the huge buildup, it's barely any bigger than a standard charger, and I doesn't even move. I was half expecting some kind of hulk-like aberration to come barreling down the hallway smashing poo poo up, but instead it just sits there firing spines at you. For how it's built up it should be like when a tank spawns in Left 4 Dead.

E: Got the bastard after maybe 15-20 attempts.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 3, 2018

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Speaking of farming and drop chances, I decided to finally get Sayrn last night. Oh, what's this? Oh yeah, I need credits or some other such B.S. before I can run it. Okay. Got in a good group of pubbies who were also farming those, did a ton of runs. That sucked, but look, I can do 12 Merrows now! Switch matchmaking to solo, get my Oberon / Ingis build....

Neuroptics
Neuroptics
Neuroptics
Neuroptics
Neuroptics
Neuroptics
Neuroptics
Neuroptics
Neuroptics
Neuroptics
Chassis
Neuroptics

:suicide:

The time I did it while clearing the star map I got a Systems.... which I used to build Chroma.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What benefit is there to soloing it? Don’t have to rely on pubbies hitting the buttons?

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011

Lumpy posted:

The time I did it while clearing the star map I got a Systems.... which I used to build Chroma.

I did the same thing and am in the same boat, it sucks and is such a boring fight.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Raptor1033 posted:

What benefit is there to soloing it? Don’t have to rely on pubbies hitting the buttons?

Yeah, the "raise the platform" thing goes from 5 minutes of frustration (or longer if they are lagging behind killing things and you have to wait for them) to 3 seconds of holding down the Ignis trigger. I was averaging 4m 30s a run or thereabouts, half of which is sitting in the void during the missile strikes you can't avoid.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

:siren: Sacrifice coming July 5th :siren:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

:woop: :banjo:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

God these tower control missions with randoms. There are four of us in the squad! There are four towers! Pick one and quit wandering off!

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Of loving course they (rightfully) nerf trinity’s nuke build mere days after I finally get it set up. Guess I’ll stick to mesa for EOS

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Still looking for Sayrn.... up to 7 chassis and 23 neuroptics. :suicide:

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
What is considered the best way to level frames/weapons these days? Is it still that grineer defense mission on the last planet? And for credits is it still medium index? Trying to get all set for that special tennocon darvo

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

HotBobaloo posted:

What is considered the best way to level frames/weapons these days? Is it still that grineer defense mission on the last planet? And for credits is it still medium index? Trying to get all set for that special tennocon darvo

For levelling, try the Sanctuary Onslaught.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Finished The Sacrifice. Non-Spoiler Review: Interesting, and good.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Lumpy posted:

Finished The Sacrifice. Non-Spoiler Review: Interesting, and good.
I liked most of it and they stole a very good idea for the new enemy type. There was one part that is just silly with a Mote Amp. But you get infinite retries and you don't lose progress, so you will brute-force through it eventually.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

hirvox posted:

I liked most of it and they stole a very good idea for the new enemy type. There was one part that is just silly with a Mote Amp. But you get infinite retries and you don't lose progress, so you will brute-force through it eventually.

Agreed, but I gave up when I realised how long it was going to take. Guess I'm actually going to have to do some eidolon stuff. I've been putting off as long as possible, because it sounds like prescriptive busy-work, but clearly I'm 'meant' to have a better amp. Oh god, that means more loving murkrays as well... After all, you can't make psionic weaponry without fish guts.

What is the in-game explanation for ops being able to die infinite times anyway? It seems retarded.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

They don't die so much as their projection / transferrence loses cohesion and they have to go back to the void for a bit.

The real lore plothole is if the lotus is gone, where do the kubrows go?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

They don't die so much as their projection / transferrence loses cohesion and they have to go back to the void for a bit.

The real lore plothole is if the lotus is gone, where do the kubrows go?

Deep in your heart, you know where the kubrows always went.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Darth Walrus posted:

Deep in your heart, you know where the kubrows always went.

A big farm on Venus, with lots of room for them to run around on???

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Pipski posted:

Agreed, but I gave up when I realised how long it was going to take. Guess I'm actually going to have to do some eidolon stuff. I've been putting off as long as Oh god, that means more loving murkrays as well... After all, you can't make psionic weaponry without fish guts.

This actually makes sense now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lumpy posted:

A big farm on Venus, with lots of room for them to run around on???
Howl all you want, they're not coming back...

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Howl all you want, they're not coming back...

The Lotus decided to leave with Ballas because she's real tired off taking care of all these pets the various Tenno cosign to her and hasn't heard of taking a vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Lumpy posted:

Rescue missions are easy: Loki

Spy missions are easy once you watch a YouTube video on the "sneaky" way to do each. There's always some way around the difficult parts. Ivara makes them super easy, Loki plain old easy.

Spy missions are for soloing, with Ivara.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)