Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I also went to Costco today for steaks. It was busier at 1pm then it is on most Saturdays. $120 in steak later, I emerge victorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I wonder what costco is like when there is a hurricane on the way.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Xaris posted:

was this on the weekend? sounds about right in my experience

now try to imagine california costco's where it can be 2x that busy.

unless its one of the more rare suburb cities that have like 2 costcos within 10 miles of each other

That's Henderson Costco everyday. And the others arn't much better.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

i stopped at costco for a few small things on my lunch break having forgotten it's july 3rd

the horror the horror

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/gspeng/status/1014306850689277952?s=21

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

:worship:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

lol drat thats the CEO equivalent of giving someone a motherfreakin' Super Swirlie!!!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

:patriot:

I love it that Costco's success while treating their employees with dignity breaks the feeble minds of slash & burn capitalists.

Peace be upon Costco, guillotine those who would have it otherwise.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

(With Refill)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Chinatown posted:

(With Refill)

a 1/4 pound guillotine doesn't seem like enough

I'll buy a few more just to be safe

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Got all the essentials for a kickin rad BBQ on Saturday, $170 later. As part of this, I randomly grabbed one of those giant rear end bottles of Kirkland ready-to-go margaritas. I have a feeling it'll be disgusting but like everything at Costco, I have never been steered wrong before. Guess we'll find out, friends.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tim Whatley posted:

Got all the essentials for a kickin rad BBQ on Saturday, $170 later. As part of this, I randomly grabbed one of those giant rear end bottles of Kirkland ready-to-go margaritas. I have a feeling it'll be disgusting but like everything at Costco, I have never been steered wrong before. Guess we'll find out, friends.

I find a bit of club soda or water smooths that marg out just right, Co bless!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Its pretty sweet. I sometimes use it as mixer in gin amd tonic drinks.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah I just added more booze to it and it was fine.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
News article about possible menu changes (the dog is staying).

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/retail/costco-changes-up-food-court-menu-but-the-1-50-hot-dog-deal-remains/

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
I always get the dog but my girlfriend always get the polish sausage so she will not be happy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

“Not everybody gets as excited about pizza and hot dogs as I do,” chief executive Craig Jelinek told company shareholders in January, noting that the food court menu is a frequent topic of comments dropped in store suggestion boxes.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

quote:

(about the Al Pastor salad)
Jelinek is perhaps not the best pitch-man for that particular item.

“This new plant-based protein salad, I know that excites you,” he said at the shareholder meeting. “But it is healthy. And, uh, actually, it tastes pretty good, if you like those kind of things. I tried it once.”

He is all about those dogs

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

shouldn't a vegetarian al pastor be called al jardinero instead

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'll go to costco tomorrow and find out if the food court closing down was because of the new menu. Exciting.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

thinking about thos dogs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

thinking about thos dogs

:hmmyes:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

a hole-y ghost posted:

thinking about thos dogs

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
So since joining Costco I've become a vegetarian so I'm glad the al pastor salad is very, very good, and I obviously still love the cheese pizza.

I don't eat the dogs anymore though.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
I am struggling with the faith today. Went yesterday and they were out of/no longer carry several long-standing favorites, the optical area basically threw up their hands at my unusable glasses (way distorted vision and seeing text double at close range. The optician says the prescription is fine and to take it up with my optician), and despite checking out on it the app never actually sent the 100 photos I wanted printed. Between that and the sweaty hoardes that were somehow there at 2:00 on a Thursday, I'm wondering if it's all worth it.

And like Eat Faster, I've become mostly veg so communion is useless to me.

Save my soul, goons.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I bought a Nautica body pillow and a book about how to win at Fortnite so i'm happy.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

a hole-y ghost posted:

thinking about thos dogs

Hell... I’m gonna do something about thos dogs!!!

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Mine is selling fresh shishito peppers now. Blistered a bunch of those.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

gvibes posted:

Mine is selling fresh shishito peppers now. Blistered a bunch of those.

I got a bag of those and blistered them. They tasted pretty mild with the occasional hot one. rear end was like fire the next 2 days though.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
My local church hasn't updated the food court yet. Still all the same stuff. Got a dog for lunch tho and some gas for my car.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Why does the turkey pesto sandwich not get any love? Its great if you wanna switch it up.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
After years of eating the food court food multiple times a week, all that stuff destroys my digestive system, even the chicken salad. Maybe not the hot dog so much, but tasting it with every burp for 3 days after eating it is almost worse. But still, sometimes I'll get a pepperoni slice knowing that I'll be on the toilet 45 minutes later. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it isn't.

Also, my Costco is currently remodeling, and it's been a huge clusterfuck with everything moving around. Starting next week, the bakery will be closed for 5 weeks while the contractors work on that area. Some of the bakery employees will be going to the Costco a few miles down the road to make some stuff and bring it back to my store to sell. So there will be stuff like muffins, cookies, and croissants, no bread though.

It's all a huge pain in the rear end, but I guess it'll all be worth it when it's done, since my Costco will be going from the smallest in the state to the largest.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Costco should sponsor the 4th Hot Dog eating contest just so I can see how Joey Chestnut fares with those dogs

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

What's a healthy number of dogs to eat in a week? I think I'm at like four about to click over to five for dinner tonight

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

1500quidporsche posted:

What's a healthy number of dogs to eat in a week? I think I'm at like four about to click over to five for dinner tonight

By my calculations, 14 dogs.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I don't recommend less than that.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jingleheimer posted:

After years of eating the food court food multiple times a week, all that stuff destroys my digestive system, even the chicken salad. Maybe not the hot dog so much, but tasting it with every burp for 3 days after eating it is almost worse. But still, sometimes I'll get a pepperoni slice knowing that I'll be on the toilet 45 minutes later. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it isn't.

Dude if eating some lettuce, tomatoes, and chicken breast gives you that much of a problem then you should talk to your doctor.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chinatown posted:

Why does the turkey pesto sandwich not get any love? Its great if you wanna switch it up.

I definitely like the turkey sandwich. It's just hard to compare anything to the incredible deal that is the hot dog. It hurts that there is a great italian sandwich place that I usually go to for my 'wich cravings too.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

My favorite part about this thread is that when it began people thought it was ironic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Relevant Tangent posted:

My favorite part about this thread is that when it began people thought it was ironic.

/pol/ was ironic at the start
LF was ironic at the start

by the end of this, we'll have kirkland branded suicide bombers and costco jihad