Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is still my trump card when it comes to weird Wire roles.

I see your black hitler and raise you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKakC6Mz_rE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Here's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpzJ-AUVnl0

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
On the subject of Red Dragon... Frankie Faison (Burrell) was in 4 Hannibal Lecture Movies. Three times in the Anthony Hopkins movies, and once in Manhunter, which had Brian Cox in the role.

Those Lecter movies also take place in and around Baltimore.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Every time I see the name "Frankie Faison" i assume it's the name of the actor who plays valchek. I know he isn't, but tell me that guy doesn't look dead to rights like a guy who'd be named "Frankie Faison"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

When I hear Frankie Faison I think of Donald Faison who played Turk in Scrubs. Probably because they're brothers.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Stare-Out posted:

When I hear Frankie Faison I think of Donald Faison who played Turk in Scrubs. Probably because they're brothers.

Reported for racism

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Marlo was in like 10 seconds of that godawful Mark Wahlberg Max Payne movie

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Wood Harris is in a not-terrible made for TV Jimi Hendrix biopic as Jimi Hendrix.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Amazingly, Jim True-Frost didn't just make his name up, but acquired it through relatively normal means (birth name was True, wife's name was Frost).

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Whiz Palace posted:

Amazingly, Jim True-Frost didn't just make his name up, but acquired it through relatively normal means (birth name was True, wife's name was Frost).

huh. id always assumed it was a Native American name.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Frankie Faison will always be the landlord from Coming to America for me. "Hey Stu! Rent's due motherfucker, and don't you be pullin' that falling down the stairs poo poo with me rear end in a top hat. Yeah, you conscious!"

Unzip and Attack fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 6, 2018

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Rawls is a construction foreman in die hard with a vengeance.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grumpwagon posted:

Rawls is a construction foreman in die hard with a vengeance.

What percentage of the village people hasn't he played yet

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

I don't know, but it'd be a hell of a surprise if he ever portrayed a Lakota chief.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

watching this 13 Hours Benghazi movie and who pops up. Nick Sobotka and the dopey little news paper guy as CIA dudes

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I only just realized that Chad L. Coleman (Cutty) is Coach in Left 4 Dead 2. Was wondering why his voice sounded so familiar.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Chad Coleman is also in The Expanse which is a great show that everyone should watch. He also showed up in a couple of Its Always Sunny episodes, one of which contains a joke about black shows not winning awards.

Ellis is one of the soldiers from Generation Kill and he also played J. Edgar Hoover in Boardwalk Empire, I think.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Wait, Ellis? As in Sgt. Ellis Carver? He played J. Edgar Hoover? Interesting casting choice.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

theCalamity posted:

Ellis is one of the soldiers from Generation Kill and he also played J. Edgar Hoover in Boardwalk Empire, I think.

I dunno who "ellis" is but that actor was never in the wire.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Kevyn posted:

Wait, Ellis? As in Sgt. Ellis Carver? He played J. Edgar Hoover? Interesting casting choice.

Ellis in L4D2 although I’m sure Carver could’ve done a great job.

banned from Starbucks posted:

I dunno who "ellis" is but that actor was never in the wire.

Yeah, no poo poo. I didn’t say he was.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

theCalamity posted:

Ellis in L4D2 although I’m sure Carver could’ve done a great job.
Yeah, no poo poo. I didn’t say he was.
What you were referring to was extremely non-obvious to anyone reading, even if someone did mention l4d earlier. There's no reason to get l4d from this context unless you are so familiar with the game that the name "Ellis" instantly reminds you of it even in a thread about an unrelated tv show with its own main character named Ellis. That's why there was confusion here.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

What you were referring to was extremely non-obvious to anyone reading, even if someone did mention l4d earlier. There's no reason to get l4d from this context unless you are so familiar with the game that the name "Ellis" instantly reminds you of it even in a thread about an unrelated tv show with its own main character named Ellis. That's why there was confusion here.

Sorry, I thought it would be obvious since it was directly after the post talking about l4d

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I was watching Face/Off for the comedy recently and Robert Wisdom (Bunny) plays sidekick FBI detective to John Travolta, and Chris Bauer (Frank Sobotka) plays an inmate that helps Nic Cage escape. Bunny is way skinnier. Frank looks like Frank, but with black hair and a beard.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Bird in a Blender posted:

I was watching Face/Off for the comedy recently and Robert Wisdom (Bunny) plays sidekick FBI detective to John Travolta, and Chris Bauer (Frank Sobotka) plays an inmate that helps Nic Cage escape. Bunny is way skinnier. Frank looks like Frank, but with black hair and a beard.

Chris Bauer is also in The Deuce (recommended, if anyone here somehow hasnt seen it) as the kind of guy Frank romanticized. He lost a lot of weight between the two roles.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Chris Bauer should have got some sort of award for season 2

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

prez did play elliot ness on boardwalk, however.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Prez also has a bit part in Band of Brothers. He plays Dick Winters' (Damien Lewis) orderly. Ron Livingston asks him to get some bacon sandwiches.

Edit: This remains the best 'Holy poo poo, they were in the Wire' Moment...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EluvJby2baA

deoju fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 11, 2018

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

deoju posted:

Prez also has a bit part in Band of Brothers. He plays Dick Winters' (Damien Lewis) orderly. Ron Livingston asks him to get some bacon sandwiches.

Edit: This remains the best 'Holy poo poo, they were in the Wire' Moment...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EluvJby2baA

who the gently caress is the 4th guy though? why do you get all the sobotkas and then a random 4th guy? horseface wasn't available?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Farrier Theaks posted:

Chris Bauer is also in The Deuce (recommended, if anyone here somehow hasnt seen it) as the kind of guy Frank romanticized. He lost a lot of weight between the two roles.
Haha yeah that fat suit he wore in the wire owns because he is so thin and tall in real life.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Suxpool posted:

who the gently caress is the 4th guy though? why do you get all the sobotkas and then a random 4th guy? horseface wasn't available?

They shoulda gotten Simon himself to be Guy #4.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

algebra testes posted:

Haha yeah that fat suit he wore in the wire owns because he is so thin and tall in real life.

lol poo poo i had no idea

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I didn't know that either. He's got a round, fat guy head and a normal sized body.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

deoju posted:

Not the same guy.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Unzip and Attack posted:

Not the same guy.

You're right.

It's me. I'm the face blind goon people talk about.

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 11, 2018

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Just finished a rewatch and goddamn McNulty is a pathetic piece of poo poo

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Lemon posted:

What the gently caress did he do?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Lemon posted:

I did have a response along the lines of "well in season 4 he was less of a dick because he was a beat cop and was happy" then I remembered that he basically got Bodie killed and I'm now in agreement with you

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Bodie gets a bad rap with regards to Wallace.
When times come to do the deed, Bodie can't quite do it. He is trying to talk himself into doing it but he can't. He is trembling as Poot :devil: yells at him to do it, startling the poor boy.
The gun goes off but as Wallace's wound was presumably non-fatal, Poot takes the gun and coldly finishes the job.

RIP Bodie :angel: Never mind the premeditation.

Poot gets off easy tho. (In internet discussions, I'm saying)

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I'm trying to put my finger on exactly why I hate McNulty more than the street guys, even though the vast majority of them are inarguably worse people.

I guess maybe it's because they are essentially more honest, especially with themselves. Also they don't act like spoiled children for the majority of their screentime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Lemon posted:

I'm trying to put my finger on exactly why I hate McNulty more than the street guys, even though the vast majority of them are inarguably worse people.

I guess maybe it's because they are essentially more honest, especially with themselves. Also they don't act like spoiled children for the majority of their screentime.

"Marlo's an rear end in a top hat. He does not get to win. WE get to win!"