Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

SpitztheGreat posted:

But maybe not as much of an rear end in a top hat as Ryan Newman. What the gently caress is he doing? A lap car, roughing up the leader, at the end of a race, that's just madness- and not in a good way. He should get dumped for that. Don't take the fact that you're a backmarker out on the leader, that doesn't even fly at your local dirt track.

Newman was in a 3 car fight for position at the end with the 17 and the 41. I get getting out of the way, but he was running his race at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

He was also one of very few cars with a fresh set of tires. If a caution had come out at the end, he was in a spot to gain quite a few positions if he was on the lead lap.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
He's also physically incapable of looking over his shoulder so maybe his spotter should have thrown him a bone.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
This is not a binary choice- he ran the leader like an rear end, even if he was racing for position. If he runs the leader that hard, and wrecks him (and imagine if that leader is Blaney), it's an absolute poo poo show. You're a lap down, with two laps to go, in my opinion he needs to be a lot smarter. If he's on fresh tires, then he can afford to wait and give the leader some space- not take him three wide into the corner coming down to the white flag. If someone raced him like that he would be looking for him in the garage area after the race.

And yes, Newman saved the finish- but that doesn't mean that his actions were cool. I'm totally fine with the guys in front of the leader racing side by side, but Newman dive bombing the leader from behind into turn 3 is pretty nuts. I like that his driving style stands out, but you gotta be a little bit smart about that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I see, but have you considered gently caress Kyle Busch?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

As I pointed out in Discord, Newman gave Kyle a win in September. He nearly cost him one today. Racin'.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

iospace posted:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

iospace posted:

Hmm when you put it this way...

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

iospace posted:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

SRA

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/07/04/nascar-reinstates-spencer-gallagher/

IS

BACK!!!!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I still have to loving pull for Chase Elliott in the 23 this week but wooooooooooooooo:

https://twitter.com/23SpeedRacer/status/1014586209123745792

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Lol I asked him where we were on hats.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Elitist Bitch posted:

Lol I asked him where we were on hats.

Did you get an answer and was that answer what is merch?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Go ahead and turn on NBCSN. I'll wait.

Now point laugh at this dumbass who looked at the radar and thought things would turn out okay and no more than got to the FanZone only to have to scramble to the merch tent, which is mercifully air conditioned.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

sweet christ this thing is ugly/hilarious

https://racer.com/2018/07/05/toyota-to-field-supra-model-in-xfinity-series/

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's weird and different but I kind of dig it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hell yeah, glad to see the supra back as a car.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
That owns

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

that should be a cup car

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
That is a gently caress ugly automobile

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I like it. :shrug:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
I think the Xfinity splitter is unflattering to it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Well that and apart from the front bumper all the xfinity and cup cars are the same box.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That's a cool looking car with an ugly as gently caress paint scheme

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

So long as it’s in addition to a GT3 or GTE program, plus Super GT, and maybe more, then it’s fine.

If that’s the only racing Supra, there will be riots.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
I think it looks ok, but the Supra is an odd fit for a stock car body.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It will appear in Super GT, either as a privateer or a works entry.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

It looks like a Corvette knock-off.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's pouring in Daytona and the infield is probably going to look like Woodstock by the green flag tonight.

Steve Letarte has been banished to the infield, with Schwieger/Junyer/Burton in the booth:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2018/07/05/nbc-nascar-daytona-broadcast-steve-letarte-mike-tirico/761191002/

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Why do you keep using his real last name

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It rained 2 in this afternoon but I'll take it because it's about 70 degrees. This doesn't happen often in Daytona.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Why do you keep using his real last name

Somebody has to.

E- Junyer is a surprisingly cerebral guy. I knew he was very able to talk but listening to him talk through the lap of Truex's helmet cam lap was awesome.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 7, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Somebody go splashing through one of these many puddles in the frontstretch grass during one of these big wrecks, thanks in advance.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Well this is some poo poo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The yellow line loving sucks

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What a great move and a bullshit call

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

NASCAR 2018: "That Is One Big Pile of poo poo"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

NASCAR's to the point now where even when they're right, they lose.

I mean, the rule was probably enforced "as it should be", but

kidcoelacanth posted:

...and has never been enforced consistently, so...

Plus, two of the last three NXS July finishes I've seen live have been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=069jO9aU15o&t=52s

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr_9os7X8EM

:fuckoff:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

https://twitter.com/23SpeedRacer/status/1015429328199389185?s=19