Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Golf R
I30N
M140

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I want a stupid good deal or else ctr/frs would be on that list but the deals are dog eggs.

I’m sick of my stupid rear end R27 and I feel like I need something more posh/reliable idk 🤔

240i actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No I can’t coz it has to fit 8 18 295 wheels and tyres
And also Christmas trees

BlackMK4 posted:

My man, have you considered another M3?

Yes I have coz I’m an utter loving cretin

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Bape Culture posted:

And also Christmas trees

cant you have your butler bring that to your home?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I'm sincerely considering trading the Golf R for a Stinger GT2 because that car looks like a lot of fun and it's a real sedan.
I'm hoping they prove as reliable as the rest of the Kia lineup, and they they also depreciate like a Kia. The idea of an off-lease used one in a year or two is really appealing.

GutBomb posted:

My camaro is my first car with the switch for a parking brake instead of a big handle and while it’s a little weird, I don’t really feel like I’m missing anything.
With a Camaro I can't see the problem.

My main issue with them is this:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

They're really good from a packaging perspective with almost no downsides but people bitch and moan about not being able to do Mad Tite Ebrake Turns or whatever so They're Bad.
and with RWD the functionality of making me giggle while the rear end comes around is built in to the right pedal, so there's no need for another lever for it.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

KillHour posted:

Granted, I like the look of the A45 better, but it's mostly just minor differences.
Right, it’s just that extra 6 inches or so at the bottom that needs to get shaved off, along with the fenders.

Swapping the fenders might be easy, but i don’t think the extra vertical girth can be removed. It’s like they extended the body too & it’s not simply empty space like “hatchback with a lift kit” would suggest.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

They're really good from a packaging perspective with almost no downsides but people bitch and moan about not being able to do Mad Tite Ebrake Turns or whatever so They're Bad.
Flatlander spotted.

Some of us need to stop and go on an incline from time to time and hill assist is consistently garbage in every implementation.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
The Si had hill assist and it was pretty decent but its 100% useless on my jetta... but that has a real ebrake.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lol if you dont shave off like 1k miles of clutch every time you have to stop and then go on a steep hill

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Voltage posted:

The Si had hill assist and it was pretty decent but its 100% useless on my jetta... but that has a real ebrake.

The hill assist on the Golf R is awful and also the handbrake is electric. It's easily the biggest flaw in an otherwise excellent car.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Installed the Curt hitch for the Mk7 GTI today. Install is super simple - drop the exhaust, fishwire through 4 bolts, line up hitch and bolt it down, replace exhaust. The only issue I had is the instructions call for a 13mm socket to install. It's actually a 19mm socket, so I needed to buy a deep 19mm socket.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I used the Curt hitch on my MK7 also, towed my motorcycles probably 5000mi combined on a HF trailer. If you replace your stock downpipe you'll probably end up with the exhaust occasionally rattling on the Curt.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I too have the Curt on my also white MK7 GTI. Super easy install, but I just use it for my bike rack.

Behold! Dirty plastidipped wheels that are supposed to be gunmetal.

I need to redo them in black or buy brake pads that don't dust so goddamn much.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

My GTI is also white, and it's also for a bike rack. I did tow motorcycles with my mk4 though...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
so many white GTIs

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just a bit racist if you ask me.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Rhyno posted:

Just a bit racist if you ask me.

Well yeah, they are German :v:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Midnight Blue with red accent striping is best GTI.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

krysmopompas posted:

Flatlander spotted.

Some of us need to stop and go on an incline from time to time and hill assist is consistently garbage in every implementation.

i will loving fight you, i'm from Vermont

all the cars I've driven with an EPB are automatic but i can only think of one intersection where I consistently use the handbrake in a manual car

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

so many white GTIs

:same:

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

BlackMK4 posted:

so many white GTIs

'sup?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
It's a good color OP

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
what are the odds of a white mk7 gti being the most owned car in ai? :v:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i will loving fight you, i'm from Vermont

all the cars I've driven with an EPB are automatic but i can only think of one intersection where I consistently use the handbrake in a manual car

I used to think this before the XRS. A low-torque motor with a light flywheel and unforgiving clutch material will make you use the handbrake.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

BlackMK4 posted:

what are the odds of a white mk7 gti being the most owned car in ai? :v:

I hadn't thought much about it but based on this thread pretty drat high.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gti uber allies

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
If I wasn’t planning on getting my GTI wrapped, I would have gone with white as well.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
My Cayman: also white.

I wish it was blue.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Blue German car Über alles.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
White is boring(I would have rather had a white one).

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I test drove a FoST3 last week and the dealership called me today real desperate to sell it

The siren call is getting hard to resist

Crescendo
Apr 24, 2005

Strafe those atheistic degenerates. Color them green with lots of holes.
Red cars go faster :madmax:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Agreed.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Are those hood vents stock?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Red is best for sure

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Crescendo posted:

Red cars go faster :madmax:

Truth.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
Blondes have more fun though.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Are those hood vents stock?

Yes and they're one of the few things I don't like about it.

Crescendo
Apr 24, 2005

Strafe those atheistic degenerates. Color them green with lots of holes.

:madmax: :madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Red is good.