Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
DC is good he's just on a lot of steroids and worse than jon jones. On the other hand, stipe is massively over rated and not great at anything. On the other other hand stipe is probably like 7/10ths of a Jon Jones so maybe that's still enough to beat DC. Hard one to call but one things for sure: I won't watch the fight because I dislike both fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

Stipe has had kind of a blessed reign in terms of opponents. He beat Fabricio because Fabricio did possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen a guy do in a title fight and ran into Stipe's fist. He beat two heavyweights who are way past their prime in Overeem and JDS and Overeem almost finished Stipe.

This is kind of every UFC heavyweight title run. Like, if you look at the people who've successfully defended it in the modern age,
  • Arlovski had Justin Eilers and Paul Buentello, both sloppy brawlers who played directly into his hands
  • Sylvia had Gan "My fighting skill is being tall" McGee, a gunshy Arlovski he'd already knocked out, and a dude he had almost a full foot on in Monson
  • JDS had a mid-thirties, post-deflation Frank Mir with basically no path to victory
  • Cain had JDS and Bigfoot, both of whom he'd already turned into sock puppets before
It's just kind of the nature of heavyweight. The most impressive title defenses are Couture over Gonzaga and, hilariously, Lesnar taking out a Frank Mir who'd already beaten him before and a Shane Carwin who'd murdered everyone he touched.

(also JDS was only 33 when he fought Stipe so I don't know that I'd call him past his prime, he got his poo poo hosed up by Overeem but so have a ton of people)

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Remember when we all thought Ben Rothwell was gonna get a title shot lmao

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Remember when people thought Travis Browne was going to? That's even more hilarious to me.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

TheKingslayer posted:

Remember when people thought Travis Browne was going to? That's even more hilarious to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KjSrnZRg6s

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Gay Horney posted:

You lyao but he still could tbh

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Never seen this before but I love it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Gay Horney posted:

The future has yet to be written . . .

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Ben Rothwell was going to get a title shot but after Disney turned down his pitch for star wars he lost a lot of steam.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingslayer posted:

I mean, f you look at it in a really basic way in that both guys should be "equally skilled" and then the physical advantage of being taller giving Stipe the edge? Sure.

But we all know there's more to it than that. So maybe a lot of casual money is coming in for the heavyweight champ.

Yeah. Stipe is the bigger man, but I'm having a hard time giving that much weight (ha) to it.

Le Saboteur posted:

Pretty surprised DC came in heavier than Stipe. He got big for this one.

He suffered an injury during a press conference, and it affected his weight cut.

Gay Horney posted:

honestly the more I think about it it doesn't. stipes never fought a guy like this before. even though I still think stipe will win I don't think he's twice as likely to win as dc

That's the conclusion I came to. I don't think Stipe is 2x as likely as DC to win this.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lol at anyone who thought Stipe would be so much heavier than DC.

I know it would break Kev...Matt Lindland’s heart, but won’t Brock prefer to fight Jon Jones over DC/Stipe?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

TheKingslayer posted:

Brock is hosed against whichever guy comes out on top. But it'll be a fun freak show. With a guy that big and athletic you never know what could happen.

Really you just need to land hard first on Brock -- that completely takes the fight out of him.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

He suffered an injury during a press conference, and it affected his weight cut.

Was he doing a traditional water weight cut? I don't really see why, if rehydrating would still get him under the limit.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Was he doing a traditional water weight cut? I don't really see why, if rehydrating would still get him under the limit.

It was a joke man.

Matt Lindland posted:

Ben Rothwell was going to get a title shot but after Disney turned down his pitch for star wars he lost a lot of steam.

Lol

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It was a joke man.
Oh, sorry, I forgot to laugh.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FishBowlRobot posted:

I know it would break Kev...Matt Lindland’s heart, but won’t Brock prefer to fight Jon Jones over DC/Stipe?

Why would that break his heart? Not everyone is like might y Mouse fans who live in abject fear of seeing fighters they like lose

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

FishBowlRobot posted:

The entire dc/stipe fight is happening because Jones/Brock didn’t. That’s the fight people, me included, actually want to watch.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

You lyao but he still could tbh

thats optimistic. he didnt even manage it the first time while using steroids so i cant see how hes gonna manage it after a layoff and without them. i admit i am very biased against him since he looks and acts like a sex offender

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
He's hard R retired

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

We'll always have the amazing evil wizard laugh and following awkward interview.

https://i.imgur.com/IhvjX3u.mp4

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 6, 2018

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

jay z's sedan posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

So is Mark Coleman now a state witness or something? Can he get a super hero armor suit?

I think I told you guys this before, but one of my doctors accidentally let slip that he treats or treated Mark Coleman. Said he was one of the friendliest patients he ever had.

I asked, "Was he also the drunkest?"

Doctor just flushed with embarrassment and said, "Maybe."

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

Why would that break his heart? Not everyone is like might y Mouse fans who live in abject fear of seeing fighters they like lose

I’ll add that to my notes regarding his gimmick. Perhaps it’s more nuanced than I realized.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

stipe is so big

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Embedded shows the DC fall, looks like he was limping cuz his leg was sore but not like broken or anything.

Those speakers were stupidly close to the chairs as well.

Also the ending interaction between Stipe & Francis was :3: because Francis was so confused about why Stipe was being so nice complimenting his shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlijMmsH38Y

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Why has Nevada still not adopted the new rules?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
that was loving brutal :ohdear:

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Wise Learned Man posted:

that was loving brutal :ohdear:

jesus

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Not that I wanted to see another round of that garbage, but it looked like there were a couple blatant hits to the back of the head toward the end there.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Wise Learned Man posted:

Why has Nevada still not adopted the new rules?

They make a big difference

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That's the worst UFC tattoo since Alan Belcher retired.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Forsooth! Be there a tuf finale GDT?

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Lol yes. That was fight of the night. It probably was.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mewse posted:

Forsooth! Be there a tuf finale GDT?

Make one if you'd like :)

Matt Lindland posted:

The entire dc/stipe fight is happening because Jones/Brock didn’t. That’s the fight people, me included, actually want to watch.

Yeah, I'm a big DC fan but I really wanted to see a Brock/Jon fight and I'm sure Dana was doubly furious that Jones didn't just gently caress up LHW again but the potential money of that match.

mewse
May 2, 2006

TUF finale GDT here

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
mike perry's gonna lose tomorrow and get cut

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Hi. I'm just checking in to verify that Stipe Miocic didn't get blood poisoning from eating buffet shrimp off the floor around a craps table or something. I'd google it, myself, but Schrodinger.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
ariel is saying whittaker / gastellum next.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gastelum vs Whittaker as coaches on TUF 28 announced.

TUF 28: Heavyhitters.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Mekchu posted:

Gastelum vs Whittaker as coaches on TUF 28 announced.

and title match later this year confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dc wins in 3

• Locked thread