Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MUI Goku vs Saitama [Goku gets punched in the nuts]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

The Heroes miniseries is gonna be total trash and it's only getting attention from coasting on Super's absence.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It also helps that all the Super Saiyan 4 fanboys are out in force hoping that Heroes proves that Super Saiyajin 4 is cooler than Super Saiyan Blue.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Covok posted:

It also helps that all the Super Saiyan 4 fanboys are out in force hoping that Heroes proves that Super Saiyajin 4 is cooler than Super Saiyan Blue.

It's just the one guy

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Heroes has some really cool combination moves, even if they're limited by, for some reason, never wanting to use anyone other than the most basic choices (no villain ones beyond power-ups, for instance).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJXs9ASttlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJXs9ASttlc&t=81s

Hahaha holy poo poo the mad disrespect on Krillin.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

Goku vs Saitama

Would Vegeta or Buu work instead of Goku? There's a pretty good fan manga with those.

RevolverDivider posted:

The Heroes miniseries is gonna be total trash and it's only getting attention from coasting on Super's absence.

Heroes has been a super big thing for Dragon Ball but completely obscure for us, so I think it'd get attention anyways simply for being the first easily-consumed Heroes thing for the west, considering none of the mangas have been translated, and neither the base game nor the 3DS adaptations will ever leave Japan.

Regardless, yeah, not having Super means it gets to capitalize on people's awakened need for more Dragon Ball, and there's no doubt whatsoever it won't be a good series. I at least hope we get some good fights out of it, though episode 1 disappointed even in that.

Covok posted:

Which is weird honestly considering the game outright has Goku: Xeno point out his Blue counterpart is the stronger one after losing their fight. The anime skips this, so I guess it won't matter to the viewers though.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

There was a pretty great Saitama vs. DBZ crew fan manga but no idea where it could be found.

multijoe posted:

Super will almost certainly be back late 2019 fwiw

That’s probably still pretty up in the air but I would love it to be true. An alternate sequel that erases GT from existence and if anyone bitches, DB’s post-manga canon is so open to interpretation you could say “GT is just an alternate timeline where Beerus never woke up” and let fans choose their own favorite. Or a time skip to adult Pan and crew. Or a U6 focused series with Goku and Vegeta making regular cameos. There are so many new places they can take the story with multiple universes and timelines being canon.

Also this may be heresy, but I honestly like Abridged more than Kai and would be so happy if they continued. I remember them saying they're more likely to go backwards to classic DB than do GT and Super would get them sued out of existence.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

Which is weird honestly considering the game outright has Goku: Xeno point out his Blue counterpart is the stronger one after losing their fight. The anime skips this, so I guess it won't matter to the viewers though.

Well Xeno Goku says that regular Goku is in a different level, paired with the fact they were actually evenly matched until Xeno Goku got tired, leaves some ambiguity to the statement.

Amusingly, it seems that running out of energy is going to be the series to go explanation to nerf characters/forms. The fusions, Freezer Golden Mode, SSJ3, Super Saiyan God and so on.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, I thought God used less energy than blue?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Crabtree posted:

Wait, I thought God used less energy than blue?

Dunno, at least in the anime retelling of BotG, Goku started falling behind because he got tired.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
They made some mention of it, something about how Red is less powerful but it uses way less energy. The retelling on BotG was just showing that Goku just kept getting used to it even when he lost the power. Beerus was just confused about it because most people who fight him just run away or plead for mercy, and this dumb hillbilly kept on fighting against all odds. It was dramatic, that's all.

It was some throwaway line when Hit and Goku teamed up to fight the Justice warriors stating that Red is just the baseline now, and blue is the jump. They mentioned something like that again when he started building himself back up fighting Caulifla and Kale

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 6, 2018

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Blaze Dragon posted:

When did the Three-Star Dragon join the Red Ribbon Army?

Those designs are loving awful.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I forgot how huge Super Saiyan Caulifla's hair is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I enjoy TFS a lot, but I'll be jumping off after call if they intend on continuing DBZA. If I catch an episode in passing, great, but the wait between episodes has killed a lot of enthusiasm I have for the product. Gonna step away from it once this arc is over.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The wait doesn't bother me, but I don't really see the appeal in parodying the Buu Saga to begin with. Its already pretty goofy.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I won’t be too upset if they don’t do buu saga - I just want to see them do the other movies. There’s a lot of potential left in those.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I know they're entitled to do whatever they want, but what exactly do they have going for them outside of DBZA? Is that Final Fantasy one they do actually any good? I mean, I enjoyed FF7 when I played it as a teenager but I'm not THAT attached to it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I know they're entitled to do whatever they want, but what exactly do they have going for them outside of DBZA? Is that Final Fantasy one they do actually any good? I mean, I enjoyed FF7 when I played it as a teenager but I'm not THAT attached to it.

It's bad

KaiserNeko really seems to be the one elevating DBZA, everything else TFS do is vanilla snarky gamer humour like any other abridged series

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

New Leaf posted:

They do official dubs now, believe it or not.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Testekill posted:

Those designs are loving awful.

"How do we make the Shadow Dragons, the literal manifestations of the negative energy stored in the Dragon Balls wish after wish, into even darker versions of themselves?!"

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

New Leaf posted:

It's passable; good enough to watch if you've got nothing better to do

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

"How do we make the Shadow Dragons, the literal manifestations of the negative energy stored in the Dragon Balls wish after wish, into even darker versions of themselves?!"

Isn't as much as being darker versions as simply being powered up by Demigra.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
"Powered up by Demigra" seems to be the SS4 of bad guy transformations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wait, I thought they were the Shadow Dragons of the Dark Dragon Balls? Am I mixing them up with something else from Heroes?

TheHan posted:

"Powered up by Demigra" seems to be the SS4 of bad guy transformations.

You know how Dragonball Z Fighters uses the excuse of waves draining every one of their Chi and thus making them all in the same level? And how to use that to justify how everyone that can be in the same league as everyone else?

That's what a Demigra PowerUp is in the Dragonball Expanded Universe. It's just an excuse to have every fantasy fight be plausible.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah, which is probably just another variation of his "Villanous Mode/Supervillain" power ups, which are just souped up eviler-er versions of pre-existing characters, many of which are already pretty evil.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Even if it's in name only it'd be nice if the bad guy powerup didn't invoke such a stupid dork like Demigra

Covok
May 27, 2013

Fawf posted:

Even if it's in name only it'd be nice if the bad guy powerup didn't invoke such a stupid dork like Demigra

Well the actual name for the power up is worse. It's called villain and supervillain respectively.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Demigra powered up SSJ4 Bojack

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What they are isn't totally clear yet. The Dragon Balls on their bodies are definitely the Dark ones, red body with black stars. That said, it does seem Demigra had a hand in their existence, what that was is, again, unclear, but they have similar markings to him now.

Also I have no idea what you people are talking about, Villain Mode is exclusively a Xenoverse thing. Heroes mostly gives Demon God forms to the demons and then just...I dunno, stuff to others, I think the term for all those Dark Dragon Ball transformations is "Dark Evolution".

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Covok posted:

It's called villain and supervillain respectively.

Can't wait for the next stages of Super Villain 2, Super Villain 3 and Ultra Villain Instinct

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Can't wait for the next stages of Super Villain 2, Super Villain 3 and Ultra Villain Instinct

Don't forget Super Villain God Super Villain(why the gently caress does SSGSS repeat itself?)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

RFC2324 posted:

Don't forget Super Villain God Super Villain(why the gently caress does SSGSS repeat itself?)

Goku does not know many words.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

RFC2324 posted:

It's what happens when you already have one mode activated and then activate another. So it's either SSGSS or SSSSG, pick your poison.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they could have just called the red form saiyan god, but ssgss was actually a pretty funny joke so I'm glad for it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
He’s the god of the super saiyans, and then he goes super saiyan

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Calaveron posted:

He’s the god of the super saiyans, and then he goes super saiyan

Yeah, this is the reason. It's a Super Saiyan God, that then becomes a Super Saiyan, thus it's a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Though thinking about it, Super Saiyan Super Saiyan God would make more sense if so, but I guess that sounds even worse.

Doesn't matter since it's now just Blue, though every game still uses SSGSS for some reason. And only in writing, characters refer to it as Blue.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is it also called blue in la spanish or azul
Incidentally where’s the dub at right now

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Baseball episode will air tomorrow night.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Gruckles posted:

Baseball episode will air tomorrow night.

It's gonna be so good, I can't wait. :allears:

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Calaveron posted:

I can't tell you how far the dub is now, but I can tell you the form is called Super Saiyajin Blue. Rosé also keeps that name, instead of being translated as Rosa.