Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Went for a short holiday ride. She was happy.

We saw a big doggo in a truck as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Got to spend more time with my sister’s puppy Pluto.

He did the thing where he thought his image on the screen was another dog.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Whoa, Pluto rules

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Pluto may not be a planet, but Pluto can be my world :3:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

boop the snoot posted:

Pluto may not be a planet, but Pluto can be my world :3:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Beanie post your teddy bear dog

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018
Cool boy)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Got Sputnik some puppy Xanax let's see how it worked this fourth...

:smith: I'm sorry buddy.

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Tired puppy disapproves of me reading in bed when he could be sleeping

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Wasabi the J posted:

Got Sputnik some puppy Xanax let's see how it worked this fourth...

:smith: I'm sorry buddy.

My pupper had an awful night, and has already gone back to sleep to make up for not sleeping all night like normal. Poor guy. :(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrYenko posted:

My pupper had an awful night, and has already gone back to sleep to make up for not sleeping all night like normal. Poor guy. :(

This story is loving heartbreaking

:nms:
https://www.today.com/pets/dog-panicked-fireworks-flees-backyard-ends-icu-t132578

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Jesus...

The better half and I got back from a trip at ~5pm, collected the floofer, built him a fort out of blankets and pillows, and gave him puppy ice cream and tried to distract him. Mostly worked, even.

I’ll see if my vet will dispense a single dose of something next year. My new neighborhood is a lot more explosives-friendly than my last one was.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sputnik spent most of yesterday in the closet under my hanging shirts. We all checked in on him throughout the day, and that pic in the shower was sent to me by my wife after I had to leave for work tonight.

Thunder jacket plus doggie Xanax didn't help nearly as much as needed but it still took some of the edge off.

With regards to the prescription, it was pretty easy to explain what I needed it for, what I've done to prevent his anxiety in the past, and not terribly expensive for a single trip.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 5, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Monty did a lot of his low-volume barking the last two nights but I think he managed pretty well.

I feel bad for all the puppers out there that don’t like the noises :(

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
And people too, being GiP I think there's more than a few of us with different sensitivities to booms.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My three barked at the first few booms. One that was particularly loud startled Jade enough that she farted. Once we all went outside though and they realized there wasn’t anything to see they just kinda went “meh” and ignored the noise the rest of the night.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Wasabi the J posted:

And people too, being GiP I think there's more than a few of us with different sensitivities to booms.

I was mildly stressed out because it did sound like I was back on deployment when everyone was setting fireworks off at the same time. I kept getting up to look out my window to see where the shooting was coming from because I’m dumb and that’s my first priority when I hear something that sounds like gunshots.

That went on for about an hour or so until I decided to just stay on my couch and watch tv and try my best to ignore it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Lando does OK with loud noises (never any issues during DC’s occasionally severe thunderstorms) but I still went home from a BBQ early so I could give him a walk before fireworks started in earnest. He was fine for the entire night, thankfully.

I feel so bad for the pups who hate the noise. When I was younger and living in SoCal, I had to help recover the body of a neighbor’s dog who freaked out from fireworks, got out of his yard, ran into a shallow bay, and drowned. Coyotes found him first and it was truly awful.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Lando does OK with loud noises (never any issues during DC’s occasionally severe thunderstorms) but I still went home from a BBQ early so I could give him a walk before fireworks started in earnest. He was fine for the entire night, thankfully.

I feel so bad for the pups who hate the noise. When I was younger and living in SoCal, I had to help recover the body of a neighbor’s dog who freaked out from fireworks, got out of his yard, ran into a shallow bay, and drowned. Coyotes found him first and it was truly awful.

That would probably give me worse PTSD than anything I did or saw in Afghanistan.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/HpU8AbI.gifv

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
You monster! Just let ...

... oh.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Rufus turned 1 today. Please enjoy this photo of him and his smaller and grumpier sister staring at a fly:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeXyRyxCjT4

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

GIP is 97% pogs

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Getting bombed and shot at in any form still sucks and sticks with you.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

A happy report: thanks to living in a rural area with quiet neighbors, there were like, one set of firecrackers on the fourth, and Apollo barked at them, and then it was quiet for the rest of the night.

Also, he got to chase a squirrel this morning and man o man does he wish he could climb trees.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Peaches and Chi are scared of thunder and fireworks. Pandy and Pepper bark back at thunder and fireworks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dakota doesn't give a gently caress about fireworks except he doesn't wanna go outside if they're too close. Inside the house he dgaf and I figure that's in large part because I don't.

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Same

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Pit Pat hears a boom and immediately tries to hide. "Tries", but still, it makes him feel better.

Thankfully we have a room set up in the basement for when fireworks and tornado sirens go off, and it's safe and quiet down there.

Here's Pit Pat enjoying fresh laundry and blankets.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Peach is my girl. She follows me around, lays in her bed in the office when I’m at the computer, etc. Here we are taking a nap on the couch with my balding head.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Golbez posted:

Pit Pat hears a boom and immediately tries to hide. "Tries", but still, it makes him feel better.

Thankfully we have a room set up in the basement for when fireworks and tornado sirens go off, and it's safe and quiet down there.

I just instinctively pet my screen.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://gfycat.com/DearestZealousIrishwaterspaniel

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/Mikeswagowski/status/1014934158605541376

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Golbez posted:

PATPITPAT through TCP/IP.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

hi guys is this where you put the dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I am going to visit my parents dog on Sunday and I am psyched!

I mean my parents too, but mostly their dog, as she is literally the best dog.