Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Whoa... Chio-chan... was actually kinda ok! It has that dry absurdist humor, and does a better Watamote than Watamote did imho. The pacing was about what I expected given what I've read of the manga so far, and the visuals do seem to add value over the static manga images. Chio's VA has quite excellent range too, and adds a ton more value.
I'm pretty stunned it's not a complete trainwreck, I mean sure it could be better, but yea I'd call it watchable :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Harukana Receive is continuing what GGO started with tall girls who have issues about it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

THE SPIDER ISEKAI IS GETTING AN ANIME!!!

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I hope they focus mostly on the action scenes, the manga is like 75% scrolling through skill menus at times.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The only shows that got sirens were attack on Titan and flcl? Dead season dead?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

kater posted:

There's also Banana Fish, Gintama, Baki, and Encouragement of Climb, but yeah.

Not exactly an exciting season. At least MHA and Lupin are carrying over.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Sirius will definitely be pretty, and might be fun.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't think anyone cared to push for sirens on stuff, for whatever reason

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

hanebado, harukana, and starlight revue all deserve sirens

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am impatiently waiting for Planet With. Its Satoshi Mizukami pet project, so basically the only way it wont be awesome is if the anime studio fucks things up.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zoids

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Chio-chan was pretty bad. Poor timing, poor choice of main VA, and the art barely even resembles that of the manga. I might check out episode 2 to see Manana in action, but I'll probably drop it after that.

Harukana Receive was alright. I like the character design, and the main character is fun. Lots of dead air in the first episode though, and the revenge match plot doesn't make much sense.

Banana Fish covered a lot of narrative ground in the first episode, but it's got an interesting style. I'm on board for at least a couple more episodes.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z1HU4aalLU

gridman is going to be so disappointing and i don't know why they even bothered

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Grouchio posted:

THE SPIDER ISEKAI IS GETTING AN ANIME!!!

I like the slime isekai more, but this is kinda nice

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
these shows seem interesting:

Hataraku Saibou
Jashin-chan Dropkick
Tsukumogami Kashimasu

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll push for sirens once more first episodes come out. nothing has really grabbed me yet, though i haven't gotten around to checking out banana fish.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

abolish the concept of sirens

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
:siren:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Special first episode review: Harukana Receive is a more slice-of-lifey sports show, and I think is watchable alongside the heavier melodrama sports show (Hanebado) without too much overlap. Aside from the striking eyeball aesthetic design, there is a notable filter over the entire show that makes it look like a lower color depth (like taking 32-bit color and reducing it to 16-bit), which I think is there to mute the bright sunlight, especially the shots aimed straight up, so they doesn't just blind the viewer. But yea aside from some scenes that linger in silence awkwardly for a tad too long, the show features:

an aggressive sponsorship plug:

awkward high fives:

non-consentual turtle touching:

will continue watching!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

They finally cut the middleman and made an anime entirely out of beach episodes. What will they think of next?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Planet With was good, anime is saved

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Cant and I saw the first 10 min of Starlight revue at AX. Seems interesting so far. MC’s roommate is already gay for her, and one of their friends has banana hair and is nicknamed Banana-Chan. Unlike previous Bushiroad joints, the girls aren’t newbies and are already established at doing theater stuff so the show will throw you right into it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Fangz posted:

That cruel teasing with the Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer figurines though

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fangz posted:

yea I liked the first episode a lot

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
cells at work is cute and silly, not sure how long I'll stay interested in it though

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Fangz posted:

Oooh, didn't realize it was supposed to be out today, thanks for bring it up!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

abolish the concept of sirens

buncha cops itt

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Harukana Receive isn't in any danger of winning any awards (Maybe except for "Cow of the season" with the one girl who went off on one about the MC's , admittingly silly, ace comment and I think MC's cousin quitting because her parents died if I'm reading that shot right) but it's nice for what it is.

Hanebado! then and oh my sweet Jesus everyone isn't so much broken as much as they were broken a long time ago and the pieces were scattered to the four winds, weren't they? Probably on cue for the show of the season but I can see it being a rough read.

Cells at work! I...er... who asked for a remake of Once apon a time, life?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 7, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Cell anime is good. Platelets. :3:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Sindai posted:

:yeah:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

all the visual design in cells is really nice and varied while feeling cohesive

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Sindai posted:

Ginko got a new job. Instead of Mushi, the problem is always bacteria.

Edit: Oh my god one of the platelets is wearing his hat backwards, then gets embarrassed by it.

Daedalus1134 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 7, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I kept thinking of the nazi werewolf from Helsing because of the hat.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is fun, it turns out that the fourteenth episode of Isekai Izakaya was made in 1997, but not aired until now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nobu in episodes 1-13

Nobu in episode 14

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Parallax posted:

all the visual design in cells is really nice and varied while feeling cohesive

The manga is extremely good and the VAs they good for everything are pretty spot on.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Cant and I saw the first 10 min of Starlight revue at AX. Seems interesting so far. MC’s roommate is already gay for her, and one of their friends has banana hair and is nicknamed Banana-Chan. Unlike previous Bushiroad joints, the girls aren’t newbies and are already established at doing theater stuff so the show will throw you right into it.

Can’t believe they’re stealing character designs from yugioh

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cells At Work was fun, and I am interested to see how they will keep it going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

chumbler posted:

Cells At Work was fun, and I am interested to see how they will keep it going.

I loved it. Funny as hell.

Sneezes are literal snot rockets. Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread