Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

G-Hawk posted:

and title match later this year confirmed

you mean non-title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Has a clear finish at hand. Does some bjj drilling instead.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
kelvin is probably going to beat whittaker. he's hard as gently caress to knock out, doesn't hit that much softer than romero, but has like 100x the work rate.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

kelvin is probably going to beat whittaker. he's hard as gently caress to knock out, doesn't hit that much softer than romero, but has like 100x the work rate.

He's also smaller in height and reach, doesn't move his head and likes to hang out in the pocket. He can't be any harder to knock out than Romero and will probably put himself in way more danger because of how he fights. Whittaker knocks him out within 2.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 7, 2018

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

Now that's what I call a take

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

really good try

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i would like to see kelvin vs romero

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like kelvin a lot but whittaker is a terrible match up for him.

Whittaker would loving wreck weidman too.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
It would be cool if Felder murders perry to death

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Perry sort of reminds me of that huge ww kickboxer who murdered a few people to death before getting ran through by Bendo and everyone simultaneously going 'oh yeah, he actually sucks' and then he loses his way out of the UFC.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Brandon Thatch.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Dan Didio posted:

Brandon Thatch.

I read that and got choked out immediately by a ghost

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Marching Powder posted:

nah

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jay z's sedan posted:

I read that and got choked out immediately by a ghost

Heh.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

ariel is saying whittaker / gastellum next.

gastellum doesn't have a chance

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

spb posted:

Yeah a blown up welterweight tuf alum winning the middleweight championship? No chance.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Yeah a blown up welterweight tuf alum winning the middleweight championship? No chance.

lol

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
this is going to be such a good day, last good card 217, I am bubbbbblin

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

spb posted:

it's a cool fight. idk what everyone's problem is.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Miocic. Ngannou, Vannata , Costa, Felder

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I will always believe in Black Beast's ability to suddenly give someone brain damage and win. No matter how difficult of a poo poo he has to take.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This image was posted in the thread for last nights card but fuckin' lol at this guy thinking he's a Diaz already and then losing the fight

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 7, 2018

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC0_vdcFxEI

Chael gives his last minute opinion on Stipe vs DC after the weigh ins

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
That Guy is going to need extensive hole repair surgery after the brutal and sustained ground and pound his hole took.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
feels like Kelvin is going to have the hardest time against huge MWs because he's so tiny. i think Whittaker not being a huge guy means he's already on the favorable end of matchups for the top guys for Kelvin. interesting fight

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
whittaker might be less of a size problem but hes the most skilled

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Foul Fowl posted:

it's a cool fight. idk what everyone's problem is.

I want to see it, but I give the edge to Whittaker. Kelvin is fast compared to some 185ers, but not Whittaker. Rob is also decently evasive, which would keep Kelvin from applying his pressure game. Kelvin wouldn't get out muscled but could easily get picked apart.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mr. Carlisle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC0_vdcFxEI

Chael gives his last minute opinion on Stipe vs DC after the weigh ins

I don't like chael making a big deal out of the "40 lbs" because that's just weigh in weight. DC was definitely cutting at least 20 lbs of water weight if not more to hit 205. He's a little bit bigger because he hasn't had to diet, but he's basically the same size as he always was at heavyweight which is just slightly larger than he was at LHW but without a weight cut.

I still think that DC is going to get beat soundly, though. While I agree with him that he would have finished Ngannou if he had 20 minutes of top time, he wouldn't have had 20 minutes of top time with Francis and would have got knocked the gently caress out. DC is only heavier than Stipe because he's able to be fat.

kimbo305 posted:

I want to see it, but I give the edge to Whittaker. Kelvin is fast compared to some 185ers, but not Whittaker. Rob is also decently evasive, which would keep Kelvin from applying his pressure game. Kelvin wouldn't get out muscled but could easily get picked apart.

I almost want to see Whittaker vs Weidman over Kelvin. I like Gastelum a lot, but Weidman just big brothered the gently caress out of him.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This image was posted in the thread for last nights card but fuckin' lol at this guy thinking he's a Diaz already and then losing the fight

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

lol UFC going after gifs now

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Mr. Nice! posted:

lol UFC going after gifs now

DISGUSTING

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Man its hard to bet against the heavyweight goat but I really do think this is dcs fight. I've doubted stipe every time though... gently caress I'm excited

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 7, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gay Horney posted:

Man its hard to bet against the heavyweight goat but I really do think this is dcs fight.

DC is fat and old, and is going to get beat up and cry after.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

that buttsheido made the night

would tune in for three rounds of this

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

Mr. Nice! posted:

DC is fat and old, and is going to get beat up and cry after.

this, plus he's also going to retire

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Just snagged some last minute seats to the fight. Pretty excited for this card.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JaySB posted:

Just snagged some last minute seats to the fight. Pretty excited for this card.

Lucky. This is the first show in quite a while I'm really stoked about now that it seems like we only lost one key fight from it. That fight was going to be rad - but the card should still be a great one.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah they did the smart thing and made sure this card was stacked even without the co main. Losing the main would have been a real kick in the teeth though, luckily it seems heavyweight fights tend to not fall through as often.

• Locked thread