Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I thought both Humanz and The Now Now were good, but then I don't think Gorillaz has ever done a bad album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

drrockso20 posted:

I thought both Humanz and The Now Now were good, but then I don't think Gorillaz has ever done a bad album

Pretty much same here. I actually think Humanz and The Now Now are two of my least favorite Gorillaz albums, but I still like them quite a bit.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i think humanz is a masterpiece, and demon days is a close second, followed by plastic beach, then the now now, self titled, the fall, and the sides. if i had to assign them numbers they would all be 10s except the sides and the fall which are 9s. but humanz is my favorite. i love it so much

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why does no one ever rank self titled? It's so good.

e: Gorillaz, Plastic Beach, Demon Days, The Now Now, Humanz

stev fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 5, 2018

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I think I would go Demon Days, Plastic Beach, Gorillaz, Humanz, The Now Now. But this makes me want to go back and listen to Humanz some more and re-evaluate.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Plastic Beach, Demon Days, Gorillaz, Humanz, Now Now

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Ambulance is the best Gorillaz song by Blur

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

ah....crazy beat.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Hedrigall posted:

was literally written as a Gorillaz song iirc

Humanz, Gorillaz, Demon Days, The Now Now, The Fall, Plastic Beach

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Gorillaz, Demon Days

Plastic Beach

Everything else

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Demon Days
Parklife
Plastic Beach
The Good the Bad and the Queen
Modern Life is Rubbish
The Magic Whip
The Now Now
Humanz
Everyday Robots
Think Tank
Blur
Gorillaz
The Great Escape
The Fall
Leisure

None of it's bad

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Demon Days

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like the Gorillaz

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Leisure is an underrated album.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I really don't understand how some people like Humanz so much but I guess it's all subjective.

Demon Days, Gorillaz, Plastic Beach, The Now Now, Humanz and The Fall for me.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

I really don't understand how some people like Humanz so much but I guess it's all subjective.

Demon Days, Gorillaz, Plastic Beach, The Now Now, Humanz and The Fall for me.

its ok, it doesnt make any sense at all that ppeople dont like humanz

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

humanz is ok at best

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

humanz is ok at best

humanz is best, ok

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
DoYaThing is the actual best thing they've ever done and it's a sin against God it's not available on any streaming services and the video isn't even up anymore.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pirate Jet posted:

DoYaThing is the actual best thing they've ever done and it's a sin against God it's not available on any streaming services and the video isn't even up anymore.

Yeah it's mad that they gave one of their best songs to a loving shoe company who proceeded to do nothing with it.

I did love those Converse though. I wore them out completely sadly.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

Yup

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

God Tier:
Demon Days, Do Ya Thing [extended vers]

Good Tier: All other pre 2010 Gorillaz media

Hmm Tier: Plastic Beach

You’ll Never Be a Teenager Again Tier: The Fall, Humanz, The Now Now, all the other bad songs they’ve done in the last couple of years that weren’t on either album

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just remembered Doncamatic. God

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
doncamatic rules

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

What about sleeping powder

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I dunno how an album with Rhinestone Eyes, Stylo, Superfast Jellyfish, Empire Ants, White Flag, Welcome..., and Sweepstakes can be just “hmm.”

Not calling anyone out in particular, more wondering why PB doesn’t get more love.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
gorillaz is probably the only perfect band still producing music. every album is perfect. im going to kill myself if albarn ever produces a truly half assed bad album (the fall is half assed but still good - proving my point)

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Just saw them live at Roskilde. Set ended with Del literally falling off stage mid rap. Funniest thing I ever saw. There's clips going around already.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Nanigans posted:

I dunno how an album with Rhinestone Eyes, Stylo, Superfast Jellyfish, Empire Ants, White Flag, Welcome..., and Sweepstakes can be just “hmm.”

Not calling anyone out in particular, more wondering why PB doesn’t get more love.

it was 5 years of waiting around on high expectations after demon days that raised everyone's expectations to a ludicrous degree

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Nanigans posted:

because aside from those standouts the album is filled with mediocre tracks. White Flag and Glitter Freeze are the worst songs on any Gorillaz album

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
White Flag is awesome, though?

Glitter Freeze is fine. If you told me you hated Pirate Ship or Cloud of Unknowing, sure.

80% of PB is gold.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Glitter Freeze, bad? Looks like someone doesn't know where north is from here.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pararoid posted:

Glitter Freeze, bad? Looks like someone doesn't know where north is from here.

RIP

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
glitter freeze and lake zurich are both really boring songs but they work as filler. cloud of unknowing and pirate ship both rule

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
There isn't a song called Pirate Ship, jerks

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

the problem with glitter freeze is that they made an infinitely better version if it and then just decided to cut the best stuff on the song out and leave the barest of bones

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

The Mash posted:

Just saw them live at Roskilde. Set ended with Del literally falling off stage mid rap. Funniest thing I ever saw. There's clips going around already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ieHdJdAUfQ

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I like all the Gorillaz albums (and I'm a huge Everyday Robots fan which apparently makes me some sort of mutant) but I think it's time Damon lets an opinionated producer back into the mix (e.g., Dan the Automator, Danger Mouse, etc.)

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Hedrigall posted:

There isn't a song called Pirate Ship, jerks

Pirate Jet* , sorry.

I like that song, and Cloud of Unknowing (the whole album), but I can understand why others wouldn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Some Kind of Nature is sweet.