Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Golf Story was a fun little game but it made me want to play more Everybody's Golf and hope for a Mario Golf release on Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Golf convo reminds me. Was the love for that Neo Geo golf game sincere or ironic? Is it a challenging golf game? Like, at least as much as Mario Golf N64?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Pokken is a weird game. Its inputs are like tekken but the flow is very different. You cant even call it 'simplified tekken' really

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 7, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i bought jackbox 3

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Hey fellow kids I just bought this grip and it's a massive game changer:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07C5S15TG?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

My left joycon is pretty loose so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and fix the issue while getting a more ergonomic setup on handheld mode. I don't have the biggest hands and they still cramp up something fierce, the switch just isn't built for ergonomics at all.

Anyways not only does this grip secure the loose joycon, it adds two meaty nubs at the back and the whole thing feels fantastic. My hands naturally spread out to take advantage of the extra real estate and the device finally feels "right." I'm so ready for Monster Hunter now

Highly recommended for other nerds who are getting annoyed as hell at cramped hand syndrome

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 7, 2018

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

404notfound posted:

For the Jackbox games, Fibbage is a favorite among my coworkers, to the point where they really don't even want to play the other games in the pack.

I can't really recommend any specific Jackbox over the others, as they all have some really good games plus some kinda meh ones. 3 is probably my favorite all around, but it doesn't have Fibbage.

If you play quiplash sober you've already failed

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does anyone have any impressions on Awkward? It's made by the same people who did Fibbage.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ColdPie posted:

Golf convo reminds me. Was the love for that Neo Geo golf game sincere or ironic? Is it a challenging golf game? Like, at least as much as Mario Golf N64?

I don't know if the people going nuts over it in the thread were sincere or not, but it's pretty decent. It's an arcade game designed to eat quarters, so it can be a bit difficult. Like if you go over par too much, it eats all your credits.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

curried lamb of God posted:

Golf Story was a fun little game but it made me want to play more Everybody's Golf and hope for a Mario Golf release on Switch

Basically, yeah.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
I am having issues playing fortnite on switch, since a couple of weeks ago as soon as my player loads, the screen goes black and I get a message saying an error has occurred. I have restarted my switch multiple times, everything is up to date, I deleted and redownloaded fortnite. It's still happening and its very annoying.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do you have an SD card in? People have had wonky issues with corrupt cards. The way to test is uninstall fortnite, pull the SD card, free up enough space on the console to install fortnite, reinstall and try it. If it works you probably have a borked SD card

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

nerd_of_prey posted:

I am having issues playing fortnite on switch, since a couple of weeks ago as soon as my player loads, the screen goes black and I get a message saying an error has occurred. I have restarted my switch multiple times, everything is up to date, I deleted and redownloaded fortnite. It's still happening and its very annoying.

There’s probably some weird bug with your Epic account. You may have to contact them since you can’t log out of your Epic account even if you delete and redownload the game.:v:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah the shoryuken motion is terrible and pointless. Street Fighter also has a bunch of other unintuitive things like charges and 720-rotations. Tekken is so much more straightforward (while still managing to be the deeper game because SFV is badly designed)

Is Pokken like Tekken but with Pokemon? Would I like Pokken if I liked Tekken? Or is it just a name

Pokken has a demo so check it out. I’m not a big Tekken fan but like SoulCalibur and Pokken.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

There’s probably some weird bug with your Epic account. You may have to contact them since you can’t log out of your Epic account even if you delete and redownload the game.:v:

Yes it was a weird bug with my epic account. I unlinked it and made a new one and it's working fine. I have lost all my progress and epic friends though...

ButtTheShitmanFart
Apr 18, 2018

The worst that is, the worst that was, and the worst that ever will be.

tuo posted:

Heyho Hollow Knight question (yeah!).

I got to the broken vessel, fought it, lost, and searched a bench closeby. With the help of this thread, found it. Went back to fight the vessel. Died again, and changed some charms. equipped the charm that emmits that foul stench that hurts enemies. Startet the third fight, the fight went okay, but after some time, I hosed up a bit and got into a downward spiral. Managed to get a lot of hits it, IIRC stunning him twice. While the fight went on, I dashed into one of the helpers he spawns, and died.

So wen‘t back to the fight because I had a good feeling about it and had most of his attacks down....and he is....dead? I can beat him dream nail to access a further thing, and I can walk past his corpse to get an upgrade. Did I actually beat him post mortem with my stink or is this what‘s supposed to happen?

He must have died right as you did. Maybe your odor did the job?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Mario Tennis is alright, but the story mode just makes me sad. The GBC game was so so good. Why don't we get sports RPGs anymore? Also X Street games, those were also a hoot.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Warbird posted:

Mario Tennis is alright, but the story mode just makes me sad. The GBC game was so so good. Why don't we get sports RPGs anymore? Also X Street games, those were also a hoot.

People have been talking about Golf Story on this very page, I think that would count

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Warbird posted:

All the major sports franchises have had RPG modes for years, just most of them aren't on Switch (or are being translated into English for Switch like those Konami Pro Yakyuu Spirits games)

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

eonwe posted:

i bought jackbox 3

if you only get one, that's the one to get

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jackbox 3 > 4 > 1 = 2

But they're all pretty great

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

THE loving MOON posted:

I just cant get in to Tekken at all. The last time I played T7 a friend of mine was using King. Once I realized that not only does King have a bunch of different grabs but that you need to know a different grab break for all of them I noped out forever lol. Havent played since.

It's two, the number of grabs is two, and the grab breaks are A+B or B+C.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

A Switch version of Warframe (a really good free to play shooter) just got announced at its convention, Panic Button doing the port so it'll be a solid job at the very least.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

John Lee posted:

It's two, the number of grabs is two, and the grab breaks are A+B or B+C.

King has 3 breaks before even talking about that chain grab.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah the shoryuken motion is terrible and pointless. Street Fighter also has a bunch of other unintuitive things like charges and 720-rotations. Tekken is so much more straightforward (while still managing to be the deeper game because SFV is badly designed)

As someone who was casual good at both games in college (read: spent time in practice mode memorizing moves and combos and could beat my friends, but wouldn't make it past the first few rounds in any real tournament) I definitely agree that Tekken's system is more intuitive, but at the same time each Tekken character has like 5 times the amount of moves as an SF character, so each game is really coming at the control scheme from a different place. Street Fighter has those difficult inputs because they're meant to be skill-checks built into a fast-paced battle -- pull off all your moves correctly under pressure to win a match. Tekken doesn't demand that you nail a complicated motion all the time, but it asks you to keep track of a larger amount of moves and button combinations to respond to different things. It's fine to appreciate one system more than another, but it's a misnomer to call the SF system "pointless", it's just different than what Tekken is trying to accomplish.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

njsykora posted:

A Switch version of Warframe (a really good free to play shooter) just got announced at its convention, Panic Button doing the port so it'll be a solid job at the very least.

Neeeeat. Sure hope that has cross-platform progression!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Now that Skullgirls is here next on my Switch fighting list is that recent Guilty Gear game. It seemed really cool and was pretty fun in the afternoon I played it on a friends PC

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Warframe trailer, I too hope it has cross platform progression because being able to just do a quick alert or fissure mission while taking a dump would be really cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dUxbV0ItPE

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Oops, Ordis dumped your entire arsenal into the new Smash Brothers item pool mid-transfer. Sorry Tenno!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That item that you collect 3 parts to assemble and then get to effectively instakill someone but it's an Archwing and it still doesn't make the Archwing fun.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

njsykora posted:

Warframe trailer, I too hope it has cross platform progression because being able to just do a quick alert or fissure mission while taking a dump would be really cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dUxbV0ItPE

So I guess that's Panic Button's big reveal they were talking about, their next port.

Was hoping for something else.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I tried Warframe years ago on PS4 and didn’t really care for it but I hear it’s been massively improved since so I’ll give it another try.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

In today's announcements Warframe has apparently become both Star Citizen and Skate 4 so it just keeps getting weirder

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I tried Warframe years ago on PS4 and didn’t really care for it but I hear it’s been massively improved since so I’ll give it another try.

In the last 2 years I think they've added major actual story stuff, open world areas and from hearing other people talk about it a smarter progression system. It's still full of poo poo you're expected to know but are never told about but as someone who's gotten into it fairly recently I think it's great.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Warbird posted:

Why don't we get sports RPGs anymore?

I assume you haven't owned a console the last 10 years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE loving MOON posted:

Pokken is a weird game. Its inputs are like tekken but the flow is very different. You cant even call it 'simplified tekken' really

Yeah i think the game suffers from a lame arena phase they should have scrapped and no lateral movement in the good phase

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Policenaut posted:

In today's announcements Warframe has apparently become both Star Citizen and Skate 4 so it just keeps getting weirder

So you're saying the Switch is getting Star Citizen before Star Citizen gets Star Citizen?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Warbird posted:

FIFA 18 for Switch has a fun (but decidedly un-flashy) player career mode. NBA 2K18 has a full-fledged story mode with a story and cutscenes, but it’s mostly stupid as poo poo and the entire thing is dragged down by the constant push for microtransactions.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

njsykora posted:

Hell yeah Warframe rules. Love that game.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

THE loving MOON posted:

King has 3 breaks before even talking about that chain grab.

Now look here you son of a bitch, before trying to correct me, maybe consider that I've played TWO whole Tekken games, and I'm 80% 70% sure that in both of them there were only two grab commands per character!! With variations in animation depending on what side of the body you grabbed them from!!
:fuckoff:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

John Lee posted:

Now look here you son of a bitch, before trying to correct me, maybe consider that I've played TWO whole Tekken games, and I'm 80% 70% sure that in both of them there were only two grab commands per character!! With variations in animation depending on what side of the body you grabbed them from!!
:fuckoff:

Pshh, details. Still more effort than I'm willing to put into it to figure it out on reflex.

Not poo poo talking Tekken btw, the game is just oil to my water and I don't want to bother with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Warframe is CRAZY good.
Not just by F2P standards. There are loads of full-priced games that are much worse.

DE also has the best F2P model out there next to GW2.

• Locked thread