Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Lucky. This is the first show in quite a while I'm really stoked about now that it seems like we only lost one key fight from it. That fight was going to be rad - but the card should still be a great one.

It was such a good fight, though. This is still a good card, but losing Max sucks.

Are there any updates on Max's condition? I hope he's OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It was such a good fight, though. This is still a good card, but losing Max sucks.

Last report is he is still terminally Hawaiian

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

he's been posting on instagram and twitter, so he's not in a coma

this is the latest I heard about the cause: https://twitter.com/oscarswillis/status/1015102845111058432

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
that is a load of horse poo poo so they can put him on a card in five weeks

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

piratepilates posted:

this is the latest I heard about the cause: https://twitter.com/oscarswillis/status/1015102845111058432

Oh I’m sure that’s what it is.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its possible. i dont think he suffered a concussion anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its better for him than the alternatives anyway since if it doesnt kill you then you will be fine in the long run

mewse
May 2, 2006

Concussion symptoms over several days doesn't seem analogous to water intoxication

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

mewse posted:

Concussion symptoms over several days doesn't seem analogous to water intoxication

Na bra just drank too much water, yes that's what it is

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

piratepilates posted:

ummm water intoxication is more known for literally killing you so no

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
The five week hyponatremia, waianae style

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the only thing pointing to concussion was that other guys tweet about it anyway. all anybody saw was video of him acting delirious and then he had to be carried to hospital. which is how water intoxication goes too, it happens in endurance sports often cos people get too neurotic and overdrink. so i can see it happening to a ufc fighter right when hes about to cut since i understand theyre supposed to drink a ton then taper off quickly

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If we can get a video of max where he can focus his eyes and we're not wondering if he just rolled out of bed then I'll buy it but "pulled from a championship fight because he was too good at drinking water" is a real tough sell

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

I.N.R.I posted:

the only thing pointing to concussion was that other guys tweet about it anyway. all anybody saw was video of him acting delirious and then he had to be carried to hospital. which is how water intoxication goes too, it happens in endurance sports often cos people get too neurotic and overdrink. so i can see it happening to a ufc fighter right when hes about to cut since i understand theyre supposed to drink a ton then taper off quickly

It would be weird if a fighter had a concussion

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

jay z's sedan posted:

It would be weird if a fighter had a concussion

sure .. they usually get them during fights rather than while giving media interviews

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

I.N.R.I posted:

sure .. they usually get them during fights rather than while giving media interviews

That’s incredibly glib. Also generally Dana White tells the truth.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

jay z's sedan posted:

That’s incredibly glib. Also generally Dana White tells the truth.

i just think its as likely as his gym deciding to hold a dragonball z martial arts tournament 1 week before his big championship fight .. but i suppose it wouldnt be the first time a fighter did that kind of thing

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

CommonShore posted:

Yeah a blown up welterweight tuf alum winning the middleweight championship? No chance.

Nah, it’s more like Whitaker is better than Gastelum at everything including head movement, defensive wrestling, and healthy food choices.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I.N.R.I posted:

i just think its as likely as his gym deciding to hold a dragonball z martial arts tournament 1 week before his big championship fight .. but i suppose it wouldnt be the first time a fighter did that kind of thing

If he got concussed a few weeks ago, the symptoms might show up sporadically and not right way. Especially if no one pushed for getting checked out when he got decked.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
There’s also a ton of ways to get concussed in camp other than hard sparring. Guys get them all the time just doing light wrestling or something. But I think the water thing is also possible

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

I.N.R.I posted:

i just think its as likely as his gym deciding to hold a dragonball z martial arts tournament 1 week before his big championship fight ..

Do you wanna be the fuckin' ultimate Tenkaichi or not?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

where the drat thread

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Dan Hooker time bitches.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I made a thread go ahead and post in it if you want. I dont give one single crap if you do or don';t.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

thank you Mr. Lindland

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
drank too much water would be an all timer even if he was brazillian

mewse
May 2, 2006

Matt Lindland posted:

I made a thread go ahead and post in it if you want. I dont give one single crap if you do or don';t.

I am here to assist Matt Lindland, who had a long and illustrious career and probably brain damage, anyway here is a link to the thread

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Wasn't "Drank too much water" a famous Diaz Excuse

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think Nick claimed the water had been poisoned by the Canadian government.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a bar to watch this card at in Denver? Looking for somewhere lively

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
BOOOOOOOO

E:. Wrong thread but that fight was worth booing twice

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Daniel Motherfucking Cormier :swoon:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool dad wins.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DC can sell the gently caress out of a match, goddamn.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bad week for cleveland

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

gently caress DC and his wonderful Jones-esque eye poke. Well, at least DC's dad is dead and nothing can ever take that from us.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Congrats to DC for getting both belts and living his wrestling dream all on the same night

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Post fight conference in 15 minutes

Congrats to DC for getting both belts and living his wrestling dream all on the same night

Legitimately the first postfight conference I'm ever watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Cut ngannou asap

• Locked thread