Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Dragon Lee - G1 Special in San Francisco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Second

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Personally I'd say it was an HM, felt like it had a few more minutes left in it. On the flip side, they did so much crazy poo poo maybe their bodies literally didn't have a few more minutes left in them.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Chris James 2 posted:

Nthing! Holy poo poo!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Personally I'd say it was an HM, felt like it had a few more minutes left in it. On the flip side, they did so much crazy poo poo maybe their bodies literally didn't have a few more minutes left in them.

Agreeing with HM. But holy poo poo :stare:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was probably not their best fight, but it stands out that it's still so overwhelmingly better than at least 98% of everything else

Feud of the decade

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I give it an HM too, but man was it fun

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

4th

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Juice Robinson vs Jay White - G1 Special in San Francisco

Dragged down from MOTYC by the Barnett bit but god drat what a hot crowd and great match

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Juice Robinson vs Jay White - G1 Special in San Francisco

Dragged down from MOTYC by the Barnett bit but god drat what a hot crowd and great match

2nd

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Juice Robinson vs Switchblade, best match of the show and Josh Barnett's roid rage did not hurt the match one bit.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
MOTYC: Juice vs. Jay White. The Barnett bit didn't even detract. That match was loving awesome.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Juice vs Switchblade.

That was incredible.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I'll up mine to MOYTC

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Young Bucks vs Sanada/LIJ G1 Special in San Francisco

These two teams work so well together

Chris James 2 posted:

Baron Corbyn posted:

That was incredible.

nthing these

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It makes no difference now, but I'd say HM for Juice/Switchblade too. Loved how much the crowd was into it and how Switchblade was definitively the heel.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Juice Robinson vs Switchblade, best match of the show and Josh Barnett's roid rage did not hurt the match one bit.

I thought the Barnett was distracting & weird but everything else was ace and yeah, best on the show and a real MOTYC

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Baron Corbyn posted:

That was incredible.

nth, from seeing it live; haven't seen it with commentary, but the crowd was amazing, and everyone was so so into it.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, that was a MOTYC.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC: Juice vs. Jay White. The Barnett bit didn't even detract. That match was loving awesome.

It was better than i was expecting and I expected it to be great. Well done to both dudes

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

nth, from seeing it live; haven't seen it with commentary, but the crowd was amazing, and everyone was so so into it.

I'm not sure whether the commentary with JR and Josh getting mad about the ~RULES~ detracted or added to it because it ended up being part of the match.

I still don't know whether Josh chasing the Switchblade around was a planned thing or not and that definitely adds to the match.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Nthing Jay/Juice, Hiromu/Dragon Lee, and Bucks/LIJ.

Jay White has really shined in the feud with Juice and I look forward to him and his upset wins in the g1.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

I still don't know whether Josh chasing the Switchblade around was a planned thing or not and that definitely adds to the match.

Viewing live the idea it was a shoot didn't enter my mind. Everyone (aside from Barnett) was calm and collected like nothing was wrong.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TTBF posted:

Viewing live the idea it was a shoot didn't enter my mind. Everyone (aside from Barnett) was calm and collected like nothing was wrong.

Probably but it was so awkward and uncomfortable and Josh and JR burying the company afterwards was weird. I don't know what purpose it served but I said it added to the match so I guess it did serve a purpose.

Anyway

HM: Yuka Sakazaki vs. Rika Tatsumi - TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup Semi Final (7/8)

This was so good that I was paying my undivided attention to it even with an IWGP Championship match going on on the other screen. The entire show was good but this was the clear highlight for me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Hiromu broke his neck and still finished the match :stare:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
MOTYC: Juice vs. White
MOTYC: Hiromu vs. Lee
HM: Omega vs. Cody
HM: Bucks vs. LIJ

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Hiromu broke his neck and still finished the match :stare:

They don't have you do several hundred neck bridges a day as a young lion for nothing.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Perry Normal posted:

This

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC - Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazuchika Okada - The Great Pirate Festival (6/23)

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_95_1_03 (no NJPW World subscription required)

loving hell, what a great match. The ending was hype as hell and I was on the edge of my seat even though NJPW had already spoiled the ending on their Twitter.

There's something slightly unnerving about a bunch of little kids screaming for a killer like Suzuki though.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

loving hell, what a great match. The ending was hype as hell and I was on the edge of my seat even though NJPW had already spoiled the ending on their Twitter.

There's something slightly unnerving about a bunch of little kids screaming for a killer like Suzuki though.

2nd.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

Agreed. That was an amazing match and atmosphere and Okada and Suzuki were so good they worked the rain caused slips into the match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

I sure as poo poo wouldn’t boo Suzuki if I was that close to him and I’m a grown rear end man

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Perry Normal posted:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

Agreed. It was absolutely awesome.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

This match made my nostalgic for my younger days - buying compilation tapes with God knows what on them. This would fit right in on one of those tapes. The matchup in a weird setting, the rain, the crowd...it just added so much to a matchup that always great anyway.

Nth.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

nth'd. This would have been an HM if it'd been indoors but the setting rockets that way up to a MOTY for me. It is actually crazy they're giving this away free.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

nth'd. This would have been an HM if it'd been indoors but the setting rockets that way up to a MOTY for me. It is actually crazy they're giving this away free.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was at Suzuki's request considering he put the whole event on for free. And the only thing crazier than giving this away free would be to turn down a request from Suzuki.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Penta El 0M, Rush, and El Terrible vs. Volador (Melvin) Jr., El Valiente, and Caristico CMLL Viernes 7-6-18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki7_F58S-4M&t=6998s

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was at Suzuki's request considering he put the whole event on for free. And the only thing crazier than giving this away free would be to turn down a request from Suzuki.

Turning down Suzuki for a takoyaki date should be a losing stip in one of those pointless multi-man matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

Just watched it and totally, what an excellent match. Even though I knew the result that end stretch was fantastic and I didn't see it ending where it did. And the setting and atmosphere :discourse: