Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I love perry so much. perfect to contrast someone like him with someone like Covington where both are wildly inappropriate but perry is a big sweetie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Le Saboteur posted:

Yeah they did the smart thing and made sure this card was stacked even without the co main. Losing the main would have been a real kick in the teeth though, luckily it seems heavyweight fights tend to not fall through as often.

Almost like dudes not trying to do absurd cuts makes them more likely to be in shape for the fight. :thunk:

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness
I really want to hate DC for beating Stipe but I just can’t. Especially not after the way he poo poo talked Lesnar, what an awesome dude.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Robert Analog posted:

Cut ngannou asap

or have him face guys closer to his skill level

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

or have him face guys closer to his skill level

literally the same thing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

literally the same thing

bellator will have him knocking out dadas for days, the guy has potential, i dont understand why people are so quick to want to cut him after one really bad night.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Something had to have happened there, either he went in hurt or had some organised crime poo poo going on.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ngannou fell from the top hard.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
THE SCARIEST HEAVY WEIGHT DONTENDER OF ALL TIME

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
What this proves more than anything is that overeem needs to retire

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Overeem should 100% not be in the cage anymore.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

bellator will have him knocking out dadas for days, the guy has potential, i dont understand why people are so quick to want to cut him after one really bad night.

Hard same, buddy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He so clearly has potential, his loss to Stipe he at least gave it his all but was just outclassed. This fight was so weird because he almost literally did nothing for three rounds, finally threw a proper punch AFTER the final bell and then just disappeared. I have no idea what he was thinking.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Cormier looked so good tonight that he could be probably run shop at heavyweight for the next couple years.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Man how about an all time great kickboxer getting dropped by a straight left counter off of a low kick.

Also if Jones and DC fight again I want it to be at heavyweight.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
At least when Stipe retires he can be secure in the knowledge that his record for consecutive HW title defenses will never be broken.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I'm very surprised Dana refused to bury Derrick Lewis.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Sounds like Lewis is out of the doghouse, yay

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

I'm very surprised Dana refused to bury Derrick Lewis.

He did use the phrase "abomination" to describe the match earlier, but I honestly think he's just so goddamn happy about how the main went and the prospect of promoting DC/Brock that he can't be mad.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

DC just said on fox he plans to go down to 205 and defend before facing brock

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

G-Hawk posted:

DC just said on fox he plans to go down to 205 and defend before facing brock

Gustafsson?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

If Gustafsson beats the Ooze man I guess it's him, if not I guess it's the winner of Glover/Ilir Latifi?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Stipe's face is a mess at the press conference

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

maffew buildings posted:

Last report is he is still terminally Hawaiian

That can be managed with medication and surfing.

piratepilates posted:

he's been posting on instagram and twitter, so he's not in a coma

this is the latest I heard about the cause: https://twitter.com/oscarswillis/status/1015102845111058432

Good. Hope he's OK. He's such an exciting fighter to watch.

Yay D.C. I like Daniel Cormier, and I think he's really good at fighting, and I'm happy to see him win. I hope he defends in a couple of Lesnarian money fights, then retires fat and rich.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

That jab was very effective at messing Stipes face up.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Power of Pecota posted:

If Gustafsson beats the Ooze man I guess it's him, if not I guess it's the winner of Glover/Ilir Latifi?

Latifi just dropped out of that fight. You’ve got Shogun vs Anthony “Lionheart” Smith coming up too. LHW is such a great division packed with contenders

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The loving questions MMA journos ask. "Did the punch that made you lose consciousness stun you?"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

The loving questions MMA journos ask. "Did the punch that made you lose consciousness stun you?"

That guy was asking the dumbest questions possible

"Did you see that punch coming?"

"Apparently not - it put me down and finished the fight"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Shades of that dude who asked Lawler after he lost the title, "Did you -- did you consider not getting hit by that punch...?"

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Dan Didio posted:

Shades of that dude who asked Lawler after he lost the title, "Did you -- did you consider not getting hit by that punch...?"

"How's blocking with your face working out for you?"

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
It sounds like D.C. is surrounded by great people who care about him, and drive him. That's awesome for him. Does Miocic speak about his people with this much affection and appreciation?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

DC broke his dang hand on Stipes face.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I really don't think Jon Jones is going to be back in the UFC in time to fight DC before he retires.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

High quality American health care. https://twitter.com/felderpaul/status/1015843732174790656?s=19

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

I asked a bunch of pages ago, did brock bring his belt

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Le Saboteur posted:

I really don't think Jon Jones is going to be back in the UFC in time to fight DC before he retires.

If they give him the full 4 year suspension for a second failed test (which they should do, though I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some kind of bullshit reduction) he'd still be ineligible for 3 more years from the end of this month. I don't see DC sticking around that long. Dude is 39.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really wouldn't be surprised if he isn't looking to wrap up his career this year win or lose against Brock.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
DC has been adamant that the day of his birthday next year, he's retired.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They'll only be billing the UFC $5000 for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Wise Learned Man posted:

If they give him the full 4 year suspension for a second failed test (which they should do, though I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some kind of bullshit reduction) he'd still be ineligible for 3 more years from the end of this month. I don't see DC sticking around that long. Dude is 39.

So wait even if he gets the minimum 2 year suspension he's still out until after DCs retirement date?

• Locked thread