Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

diesiel posted:

https://streamja.com/dr49, happened at about 0:33, gotta play it frame by frame.

not saying stipe woulda won, but just sayin'

I'm not gonna get all Zapruder on this but I've watched the last 30 seconds of the fight quite a few times now and everything he hits Stipe with appears to be with a closed fist. That left does glance so it's possible he got him with the thumb by accident from the punch but that's still a punch to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

What an awesome night for Comcast to have their PPV system break!

Apparently there are a lot of fuming people in Portland over it. I'm one of them.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012

Kragger99 posted:

I did. At first I thought it was a punch, but I think he was throwing a punch, realized it wouldn't connect, then opened his hand to test the range. I don't think he was actually trying to poke him at the point though.
They clinched right after that, and it looked like Stipe was blinking a bit, but it was hard to tell.

Stipe was grimacing in pain. Gotta say though, that was a veteran sequence. I say it was intentionally dirty as gently caress

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

I'm not gonna get all Zapruder on this but I've watched the last 30 seconds of the fight quite a few times now and everything he hits Stipe with appears to be with a closed fist. That left does glance so it's possible he got him with the thumb by accident from the punch but that's still a punch to me.

everything looked fine right until the punch that lead to them clinching, he really got in that left eye.he pulled it off without anyone noticing it which was pretty clutch. Still didnt cause stipe to lazily exit the clinch with his hands down, so yeah.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why are they still doing this one at a time poo poo

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Why are they still doing this one at a time poo poo

I know. It's lame.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lewis is being completely real about his performance and taking responsibility

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sounds like Lewis should absolutely not be fighting for at least a few months if not longer (or at all?).

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

He did say he was retiring like two fights ago because of his back

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Lewis is being completely real about his performance and taking responsibility

This press conference made me into a fan.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Lewis is great . I've never been one to DM fighters words of encouragement but I'm seriously considering it

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Gay Horney posted:

Lewis is great . I've never been one to DM fighters words of encouragement but I'm seriously considering it

tell him he has a fine rear end

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
https://twitter.com/stipemiocic/status/1015822063842365440

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"And these claw marks on my eyes will heal soon!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Happy Dana has arrived :)

Edit: Costa gets a performance bonus for excellence in dick kicking.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

drat DC threw his back out during his camp.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Marching Powder posted:

perry uses the hard r

he is a hard r

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

i yelled so loud my dog was extremely concerned

Same, poor dogs

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"He popped for that thing but he beat Mark Hunt" is one way to try to sweep cheating under the rug

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Stipe's face.... loving hell.

Somehow it looks worse now he's showered and put on a suit.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How many different ways can this one dude ask Stipe "are you sad now" and get shut down before he gives up

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Mma media is so ruthless. Are you sad you aren't getting the Brock Lesnar fight? Nobody asked him if DC was tougher than he thought or about how marked up he was

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i must admit i've never seen dc hit as hard as he did tonight. his jabs were snapping back miocic's melon and that hook off the break was beautiful. scary dude. hope he makes brock do the cain cartwheel

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

He stunned Oezdemir real bad. He's getting into dad-power age.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

He hit a couple of those classic clinch uppercuts too that really rocked Stipes head.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Extremely pumped for DC. Of all the ways I thought he could win savage knock out was way at the bottom.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's going to absolutely murder Brock. DC's a better Cain than Cain ever was.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Brock was dead no matter what. It was either round 2 knock out by Stipe, or 25 minutes of throwing clinic by DC.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's going to absolutely murder Brock. DC's a better Cain than Cain ever was.

Brock is going to eat one of those clinch uppercuts and just go into infinite rolls backwards.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

What's really weird, and telling, is that Stipe would have owned any career heavyweight. *

*See fight directly before main event.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Le Saboteur posted:

Brock is going to eat one of those clinch uppercuts and just go into infinite rolls backwards.

I've never seen a 300-pound man pirouette before. :moonrio:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

Brock vs DC, 2018, colorised: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U_UytUgnDc

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Really weird that DC wouldn't stop thanking his friend, Master Chief for giving him the strength to #FinishTheFight at the post-fight presser.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
jones ate those shots like candy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

jones ate those shots like candy

johny hendricks went 10 rounds with robbie lawler and if everyone is honest, won most of them and beat the poo poo out of gsp but when he was made to stop taking steroids he got the poo poo beaten out of him by everybody so im disinclined to give jon jones a lot of credit for basically anything he did while on steroids since they clearly make a loving huge difference. so i guess i don't give jon jones a lot of credit at all.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
johny never popped

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

true, maybe there's some other reason why he lost every aspect of his game that made him a world champion but i think it's the most plausible

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
how good is Jon Jones? drat

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Not good enough to beat a drug test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I'm closing da thread take your snipes at the all time goat of all time Jon Jones there please. Thank you for watching UFC 226.

• Locked thread