Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

Come on eagles don’t gently caress this up

It's ok, the umpires are keeping the giants in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Wait, there's an umpiring bias against West Coast in West Coast? :confused:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Chairchucker posted:

Wait, there's an umpiring bias against West Coast in West Coast? :confused:
“IT’S ME GWS!!! IT’S ME!!! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG GWS!!!”

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NPR Journalizard posted:

It's ok, the umpires are keeping the giants in it.

I wanted the eagles to win. Hawks in the 8!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I sure hope Gaff stays
Redden has also turned himself around, went 2 years of being dogshit but has been exceptional this season.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Was thinking about Gawn. Re: his charming-osity and eloquent-ness.

Even though it is counter -intuitive to hope that someone who is charming and eloquent doesn't have a post playing career in the media, I hope Gawn stays well the gently caress away from TV and/or radio.

He is too beautiful and pure for the garbage fire that is Australian Sports Media.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Even though it is counter -intuitive to hope that someone who is charming and eloquent doesn't have a post playing career in the media, I hope Gawn stays well the gently caress away from TV and/or radio.

He is too beautiful and pure for the garbage fire that is Australian Sports Media.

Put him on ABC grandstand to do the colour commentary. At least that's listenable.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yeah, I’d hate to see him brought into the dumb bullshit triple M do

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I like SEN with Daisy and Bob doing special comments

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Oh good, McCartin is going to miss this weeks game against Carlton with a foot sprain. I didn't want a functioning forward line anyway.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
It doesn't matter, as long as your midfield is somewhat intact Carlton won't be able to stop you.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Wasn't he out with a punctured lung anyway?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Periphery posted:

Oh good, McCartin is going to miss this weeks game against Carlton with a foot sprain. I didn't want a functioning forward line anyway.

We should just stick Gresham at CHF and see what happens.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-07-09/clay-smith-calls-time-on-career

Clay Smith has retired. Will always go down as a crucial part of the 2016 finals series and it's a very short list of players that have done a knee three times, won a premiership and kicked four goals in a prelim final.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sounds like former Hawthorn player Brian Lake has found himself in trouble after playing at a tournament in Osaka, Japan last weekend. My club didn’t wind up going, so we only have scuttlebutt to go on so far, but it sounds like something happened in the small hours of the night.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jul/09/former-afl-star-brian-lake-arrest-japan-Some basic details confirmed

harperdc fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 9, 2018

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

Big wheel keeps on turnin...

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

Wasn't he out with a punctured lung anyway?

Nope, that was Carlisle - who may be back this week.

harperdc posted:

Sounds like former Hawthorn player Brian Lake has found himself in trouble after playing at a tournament in Osaka, Japan last weekend. My club didn't wind up going, so we only have scuttlebutt to go on so far, but it sounds like something happened in the small hours of the night.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jul/09/former-afl-star-brian-lake-arrest-japan-Some basic details confirmed

Doesn't Japan have some insanely high conviction rate? If so the 23 days without charge might be the least of his worries. Unless they've just arrested him with no intention of charging him with anything in which case lol. (23 days without charge is pretty ridiculous)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

What I’m hearing is he (tried to?) punch a cop, so most likely the Embassy will get him out early onto a flight or the 23 days will pass and he’ll be making his way out of the country.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah Japanese cops will hold westerners without charge for two weeks easily, unless you're an american serviceman.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

While other clubs are turning off pokies, Essendon is seeking to extend their licences beyond 2022 in Melton :toot:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

While other clubs are turning off pokies, Essendon is seeking to extend their licences beyond 2022 in Melton :toot:

Gotta find a way to pay the dealers somehow

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

You Am I posted:

Gotta find a way to pay the dealers somehow

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Solemn Sloth posted:

AFRICAN GANGS THE POLICE REFUSE TO ADMIT EXIST BUT WE KNOW AFRICAN GANGS AFRICAN GANGS AFRICAN GANGS

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/5-tips-to-help-you-avoid-joining-an-african-gang/

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sandgropers are a special type of people

https://twitter.com/WestCoastEagles/status/1016524659326517249?s=19

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Should have made him spin around each time he missed the shot.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Oh great, another season ending injury, our fifth.

4 defenders and now our backup ruck Andrew Phillips, its not like Kreuzer has ever had a run of injuries.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Well in good news all reports are indicating that Nathan Freeman will finally debut on friday night. :getin:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Nutsngum posted:

Well in good news all reports are indicating that Nathan Freeman will finally debut on friday night. :getin:

poo poo yeah, the Freezer has finally defrosted.

I'm actually looking forward to going to the footy on Friday.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

Oh great, another season ending injury, our fifth.

4 defenders and now our backup ruck Andrew Phillips, its not like Kreuzer has ever had a run of injuries.

On the plus side, the Hawks lost McEvoy for 6 weeks so you wont have to worry about him when the Blues play them in 2 weeks time.

(All hail the wheel! May it never stop rolling over the unfortunate and unlucky.)

Nutsngum posted:

If it happens I don't know if I'll have ever been as excited to see a player debut.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

how many minutes into the first quarter until his hamstring explodes taking out the front three rows with it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Rory Sloane has signed a long-term contract extension which ensures he will finish his AFL career as a one-club player at Adelaide.

Sloane resisted the urge to return home to his native Victoria in favour of a new five-year deal which keeps him at West Lakes until at least the end 2023.

The two-time Club Champion has played 171 games and along the way, become a fan favourite and one of the competition’s leading onballers.

Known for his courage, 28-year-old Sloane is an influential member of the Senior Leadership Group who has previously earned All-Australian selection.

Sloane, who is expecting his first child with wife Belinda later this year, described the Club as a second home.

“This is a great footy club and I have said many times before how much I respect and love the place and people, particularly the playing group,” he said.

“There is always a lot to weigh up, especially given Belinda and I are about to start a family, and we have been in constant talks with the Club for some time.

“I’m super excited about what the future holds, both from a personal and football perspective.

“We have created a great environment where there is a genuine care for each other and strong desire to achieve the ultimate success.”

Crows General Manager List Management and Strategy Justin Reid said Sloane is the type of player every football club needs.

“First and foremost, Rory is a quality person and he has the ability to inspire others around him,” Reid said.

“His work ethic is first class and his determination to get the best out of himself, as well as his drive to make others and the team better is outstanding.

“We are thrilled that he will continue to be a key part in our push towards future success.”

:slick: :slick: :slick:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Poor dude has Stockholm Syndrome :smith:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hey looks like the reprogramming camp wasn’t a complete failure after all

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Operating thetan level 5, baby

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 11, 2018

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hey looks like the reprogramming camp wasn’t a complete failure after all

Haven't lost a player since the camp, we should go and re-hire those guys!

Seriously though, super important signing for the Crows and an absolute gun. Hope the club is getting around Belinda as well, having seen how hard it is for my wife with our young baby even with both of our parents around, she'll need all the support she can get.

Now if we can just play some decent footy and win a premiership or two with Sloaney to repay him for the faith, that'd be great :unsmith:

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Who can stop us now?

Geelong, tomorrow

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Adelaide may be constantly losing interstate players to the go home factor, but they'd be damned if they were going to lose a Rory from their side.

Off season plans include targetting Thompson from GC and Lobb from GWS

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

Adelaide may be constantly losing interstate players to the go home factor, but they'd be damned if they were going to lose a Rory from their side.

So the crows are team Rory, does that make the saints team Jack?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

Hey, I'll take it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I don’t like Adelaide but that’s good news. I’m really torn on player loyalty poo poo. One one hand you don’t want it to be like the USA where players have no affiliation with clubs and move all the time, but on the other hand it’s a job- people should be able to make decisions for their career.

Of course we as fans always take it personally. Go dusty / gently caress you lids etc