Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Yea the Jones fight would require them to repeal usada or something and the Brock one might too tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dox
Mar 4, 2006

DC stole that win with the eye poke and then needs to use a step stool? Embarrassing.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Was it Jeff Blood Green that was gonna have the big comeback fight and ended up just standing still and getting socked up

Edit - - Jeff green is a basketball player who am I thinking of. Ngannou comparison is what I'm going for

I'm thinking of mitch green thanks for reading my post
How about Pettis coming back anyway! I never thought chiesa was any good

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 8, 2018

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The silence from USADA and the long drawn out nature of Jones' appeal does make me think he's getting the book thrown at him this time.

If this was a tainted supplement issue this would have been resolved awhile ago.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Le Saboteur posted:

So wait even if he gets the minimum 2 year suspension he's still out until after DCs retirement date?

I think that at best, if he's very lucky and gets the minimum possible the earliest he can get back is like August of next year, and Cormier's birthday is in March.

Benefit for Jones is that he's still so young that he can come back and still have a pretty long and successful career, but he'll probably never get the chance to get an unsullied victory over Cormier.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The quote at the end of this most recent article sounds like Jones may be resigning himself to a 4 year suspension. https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/6/4/17427174/jon-jones-manager-abe-kawa-says-usada-decision-coming-hopefully-sooner-rather-than-later

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Le Saboteur posted:

So wait even if he gets the minimum 2 year suspension he's still out until after DCs retirement date?

He pissed hot after his last fight vs DC, which was July 29th of last year, so yeah.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Jones was last seen arguing himself out of having a fighter's license. I'm not holding my breath.

Also, our fat gay dad won and I'm very happy.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
mike perry's post fight conference was sick

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

king

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
also shout out to the beast

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo, my rear end need to sit down somewhere and learn some new technique or something

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
costa's cheating bitfch rear end got a bonus but not Perry? gently caress that

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

costa's cheating bitfch rear end got a bonus but not Perry? gently caress that

yeah this is a travesty imo

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I legit fell asleep before the main and semi main but I'd like to take a moment to congratulate the literal greatest fighter of all time, Jon Jones.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Everyone has a bogeyman who has their number. Just turns out that Jon Jones' is Jon Jones and DC's is also Jon Jones.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Matt Lindland posted:

I legit fell asleep before the main and semi main but I'd like to take a moment to congratulate the literal greatest fighter of all time, Jon Jones.

I would also like to extend congratulations to Jon Jones' pharmacologist for proving himself or herself to be the GOAT.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I love that after 6 months of talking up how Ngannou can punch a Hyundai to death or whatever, uncle dana is now shocked that Francis has an ego problem

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

that ngannou lewis "fight" was one of the stranger things i've ever seen

other than that it was a good if not great card. DC is going to destroy Lesnar.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Brock Lesnar is so freakin great & I'm glad DC won because he'll be way more fun in the leadup than bored unintelligible baby stipe

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

So Ngannou had his mind destroyed by his title fight and is going to be a coward for the next three years or what happened... confused.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Matt Lindland posted:

So Ngannou had his mind destroyed by his title fight and is going to be a coward for the next three years or what happened... confused.

Stipe completely broke his will to fight. Francis isn't hungry anymore.

Also god drat Jon Jones is good. I didn't expect that at all out of DC last night, and we've seen twice conclusively that DC has absolutely nothing for bones.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So did Ngannou say anything during the presser to explain himself

mewse
May 2, 2006

The only thing close to that Ngannou/Lewis fight that I can think of was Starnes/Quarry. I've never seen both fighters warned for timidity (from Herb Dean no less)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

One of the best posts in the GDT was someone saying Herb Dean should get a POTN bonus for that

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
A man who hasn't won a fight in 2,927 days and hasn't had a fight period in 729 days is apparently first in line for the heavyweight title.

The gently caress happened to the big gay sport I loved? :(

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

dsriggs posted:

A man who hasn't won a fight in 2,927 days and hasn't had a fight period in 729 days is apparently first in line for the heavyweight title.

All the big draws left to do fake fights for more money

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

dsriggs posted:

if brock lesnar knew you were using his wikipedia to cry like a bitch he'd slap ya

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
DC is the coolest and I'm glad he won.

The "Jon Jones cheated so he's not actually good" stuff is pretty silly. I've rooted for plenty of cheaters in this sport, so the fact that Jones is one too doesn't bother me perhaps as much as it should. I still dislike him intensely, but he's most certainly a once-in-several-life-times talent.

All that said, DC has accomplished some great poo poo in his career. Not beating Jones doesn't diminish him at all.

And now to argue against myself, heavyweight is trash and every victory you earn there is meaningless

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 8, 2018

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Counterpoint; heavyweight is the best because fat guys.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

remusclaw posted:

Counterpoint; heavyweight is the best because fat guys.

Unless the fat guys literally refuse to fight each other to the point where the ref is all 'could we fight and stuff I mean we're already here'

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

dsriggs posted:

Brock is literally a once in a lifetime athlete. The dude has done whatever he wants for his entire life and has somehow succeeded in most of it. He deserves all the hate he gets but when he’s doing something, specifically when he’s genuinely competing, it’s a thing you watch.

DC vs Lesnar is awesome. It’s a circus fight. It’s a legitimate fight. It’s a dumb wwe levels of hype fight.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
how the hell does Miocic take shots from Overeem, JDS, Werdum, Ngannou, Mark Hunt and eat them like they're nothing, and then gets knocked out by DC. that to me is the craziest thing. DC has never been considered a powerful guy, unlike some of those guys Miocic has fought

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mean Bean Machine posted:

how the hell does Miocic take shots from Overeem, JDS, Werdum, Ngannou, Mark Hunt and eat them like they're nothing, and then gets knocked out by DC. that to me is the craziest thing. DC has never been considered a powerful guy, unlike some of those guys Miocic has fought

Miocic got knocked out by Struve. Also, DC knocked out Bigfoot while Bigfoot went five brutal rounds with Hunt. It’s heavyweight, everyone has power if they can land clean.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DC seems way stronger than everyone gives him credit for. He’s a great striker too.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The most impressive part about DC's win is that they watched tape and knew that Stipe keeps his hands down while breaking from the clinch.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
If you aren’t excited to see DC wreck Brock you’re not human.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Miocic got knocked out by Struve. Also, DC knocked out Bigfoot while Bigfoot went five brutal rounds with Hunt. It’s heavyweight, everyone has power if they can land clean.

Also punches seem to be more severe when you can’t see them coming before they land.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Every time DC touched stipe he hosed him up. He looked as bad as he did after five rounds with ngannou after a half round with DC. Wild poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

It also may be his chin isn’t what it used to be because of those fights. I can’t recall exactly the moments, but something from his last two fights made me think he’s starting to lose his chin. So much so that I put a bet down 1 min before the walkouts started for DC to win by KO.

• Locked thread