Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Dude if eating some lettuce, tomatoes, and chicken breast gives you that much of a problem then you should talk to your doctor.

Seconding this. It sounds like GERD or some kind of food intolerance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The UK breaded chicken fillet sandwich is a good deal. It's a pain in the rear end to eat if you don't cut it in half, but it's a ton of food for not much money. Better deal than the dog tbh. A little surprised it didn't come with fries like the French chicken strips do, but I'm guessing they just don't have room for a fryer.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

by the end of this, we'll have kirkland branded suicide bombers and costco jihad

Well, how else are you going to make use of a three pack of suicide vests?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Had my first Costco dog today in about two weeks. I was starting to get the shakes from withdrawal.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tried out the Pastor salad and I thought it was pretty decent. It definitely should be named something else though.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

al pasteur

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Costco thread, I am in distress. The inflatable boat that I have been wanting has been taken off of costco.com, but it still listed on costco.ca. I can find no explanation for this, and I don't want the four person SUP that seems to have replaced it.

Canadian goons, consider yourselves fortunate. I live close enough to BC that I would absolutely make the drive, but I don't know if I can have it shipped to a warehouse for pickup. :(

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Costco thread, I am in distress. The inflatable boat that I have been wanting has been taken off of costco.com, but it still listed on costco.ca. I can find no explanation for this, and I don't want the four person SUP that seems to have replaced it.

Canadian goons, consider yourselves fortunate. I live close enough to BC that I would absolutely make the drive, but I don't know if I can have it shipped to a warehouse for pickup. :(

Go north young man

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

It's almost like there's a no-risk way to test it, such as "do it, and see if you can complete the transaction". Life is really beautiful and simple if you don't over-analyze literally everything.

You could even call the Canadian Costco and they would tell you. Wow, life, such a mysterious adventure. No wrong answers, in life.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Taima posted:

It's almost like there's a no-risk way to test it, such as "do it, and see if you can complete the transaction". Life is really beautiful and simple if you don't over-analyze literally everything.

You could even call the Canadian Costco and they would tell you. Wow, life, such a mysterious adventure. No wrong answers, in life.

A) I'm presently out of the country.

B) I'm not ready to pull the trigger on the purchase yet, so if your proposed test was successful I would have hosed myself over.

C) People who work for Costco corporate post itt and may have insight.

D) Keep your bullshit attitude out of the Costco thread. Peace be upon Costco.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Costco doesn't do warehouse holds, and I know they won't ship to Canada from .com, so probably not the other way around.

However I know people who have ordered items to random addresses in a border town and then called the carrier to have it held at the nearest facility for pickup.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I know what boat you're talking about, and I've also seen it in a Quebec warehouse so it might just be worth calling the closest Canadian Costco to you

Math You fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 8, 2018

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Math You posted:

Costco doesn't do warehouse holds, and I know they won't ship to Canada from .com, so probably not the other way around.

However I know people who have ordered items to random addresses in a border town and then called the carrier to have it held at the nearest facility for pickup.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I know what boat you're talking about, and I've also seen it in a Quebec warehouse so it might just be worth calling the closest Canadian Costco to you

Thanks very much! I really appreciate it. Blessings be to you and your family.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Thanks very much! I really appreciate it. Blessings be to you and your family.

Now that I think about it you might want to call costco.ca call center, find out what carrier it's gonna be, and then call them and see if they can work with you (or at least that you will be able to pick it up with tracking and matching name). Otherwise it's possible you might be given a hard time if they want proof of address or if the carrier fucks up and delivers it anyway then someone gets a free boat. I've never used the sweet hack I suggested so please smart about it.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Gathered together for the twenty-five minute journey to Costco. I tried the brat+sauerkraut with soda (free refill), churro, and my husband got the prop slice. Between the brat and dog, the dog is better. I would've thrown the churro out if my husband hadn't accepted it as one of his own.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm from Wisconsin, the land of the brat, and I like the dog better.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm from Wisconsin, the land of the brat, and I like the dog better.

Running bratwurst through a commercial pizza oven and doing nothing else is a terrible way to prepare them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Geoj posted:

Running bratwurst through a commercial pizza oven and doing nothing else is a terrible way to prepare them.

This is true. Beer brats are the only way to go.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm eating the Al Pastor salad right now and didn't realize it was vegan. I'm still ok with this though.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/costco-kills-beloved-food-court-083353418.html

Yahoo reports Costco is killing the Polish dog combo. $1.50 dog and soda (w/free refill) still on menu.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Blessed are those who teach their children the ways of the harvest from an early age.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Anyone harvest hartguard from Costco? I assume they provide a friendly price, or I hope!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The Hambulance posted:

Yahoo reports Costco is killing the Polish dog combo. $1.50 dog and soda (w/free refill) still on menu.

Polish dog hasn't been at my area Costco's for over a year now. We do get the Italian sausage though. Its $2.80 but I think it's well worth it.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Hambulance posted:

We used to have brats here and they took that off. It's cool though because the dog is just as good.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Yo I'm having a big barbecue for ~30 people this weekend and was thinking of making steak tips, does anyone know what kind of cuts Costco has that would work? I'm usually a fan of chuck tips for their price

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I went on a deep sea fishing trip a few days ago, and came back with about 130 lbs of fish. I bought a FoodSaver vacuum sealer from Costco and sealed up all my meat. PBUC!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I went on a deep sea fishing trip a few days ago, and came back with about 130 lbs of fish. I bought a FoodSaver vacuum sealer from Costco and sealed up all my meat. PBUC!

you should have bought 130lbs of fish from costco. this is like stealing

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

This is a pro move and I'm hella jealous of your catch. What kind of fish your freezer full of now?

But for real if you buy any meat in Costco portions the FoodSaver is a worthy investment, especially if it teams up with a chest freezer.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

If I buy the package of salmon how well will it freeze if I have a food saver vacuum sealer machine

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Really well. We buy a big one and then chop it up into ~6x4” sections to throw into sandwich bags in the freezer. You don’t need to super storage it if you’re gonna eat it within ~2mo.

When you wanna cook some you can just throw it in a covered pan with some olive oil and cook it on med for ~12min. Super easy. About halfway through — just before flipping — generously pepper / lightly salt. After flipping, do the same again.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

If I buy the package of salmon how well will it freeze if I have a food saver vacuum sealer machine

Many years ago I used to cut meat and fish for a living. Certain customers would have us cut and portion Copper River salmon to be vacuum sealed, frozen, and enjoyed all year. As long as you freeze it fresh (as in, has not been previously frozen) and don't thaw and refreeze, you can't do much better.

VVV gently caress yes. Extremely jealous of that fishery and your catch.

A Pack of Kobolds fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 11, 2018

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

This is a pro move and I'm hella jealous of your catch. What kind of fish your freezer full of now?

It's about 50/50 yellow fin tuna and red snapper, and a mackerel and a barracuda thrown in there. I was the only one on the boat to catch a white marlin, it was fun seeing that guy jump out of the water. We were fishing off of the coast of Alabama.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Has anyone used the costco auto buying program

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Slack Lagoon posted:

My wife used it, though for a used car.

We submitted the car model we wanted and they got back to us with an affiliated dealer some 25 miles away-- the discount is only valid with the dealers they send you to. The dealer was very friendly, but I don't recall any talk of pricing before we got there.
The deal was something like 800 off listed price, making it essentially a no haggle negotiation.
They were patient enough and offered a 0% APR, while also giving us 1000 more for the trade in car than other places, so we went with it.
It still took the better part of 3ish hours, and we still had to say no to all the add-ons, but the experience was pretty positive.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

My wife used it, though for a used car.

We submitted the car model we wanted and they got back to us with an affiliated dealer some 25 miles away-- the discount is only valid with the dealers they send you to. The dealer was very friendly, but I don't recall any talk of pricing before we got there.
The deal was something like 800 off listed price, making it essentially a no haggle negotiation.
They were patient enough and offered a 0% APR, while also giving us 1000 more for the trade in car than other places, so we went with it.
It still took the better part of 3ish hours, and we still had to say no to all the add-ons, but the experience was pretty positive.

I have an appointment with a Subaru dealer tomorrow night - never bought a car before but so far they have been the only ones (contacted through Costco) that haven't been total shitlords on the phone

e: dont know if this is because costco or subaru

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Slack Lagoon posted:

e: dont know if this is because costco or subaru
I'm going to say it's because Costco. There's a whole expectation that they'll be really pleasant to the cardholders, and the followup after you purchase includes a customer satisfaction survey.

My deal also included a coupon for 20% off any accessory, for what it's worth :3:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

I'm going to say it's because Costco. There's a whole expectation that they'll be really pleasant to the cardholders, and the followup after you purchase includes a customer satisfaction survey.

My deal also included a coupon for 20% off any accessory, for what it's worth :3:

yea i did it for a mitsubishi dealer too but the guy that called was a loving idiot and i am not going to talk to them again

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Got a membership a couple months back.

I love this disorganized heap of stuff I didn’t know I wanted!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Tried to do it for my car ~18 months ago and it didn’t go well, no dealers would honor it (Hyundai).

But did great for Mrs Mango’s Toyota Sienna a little more than a year ago. Very good process, price, experience. A+ would do again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Hambulance posted:

weird but understandable. I used to enjoy the polish dog but last several times I've got it's been really lovely, dry and overcooked and just tasted awful. probably not enough turnover or something for them to keep fresh enough, who knows.

haven't seen nor had the italian sausage anywhere in california costcos but i'll keep an eye out