Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You may have to yes.

Don’t see the option anywhere. I didn’t realize I was in a raid, maybe I have to wait for that to finish first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

There’s a stupid bug that if you attempt to join an alliance and it doesn’t go through for whatever reason, you can’t ever join again.

I just changed our name to Hebrons. Try that and see if we pop up. That may be a workaround.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RosaParksOfDip posted:

If he's asking about Elektra vs nebula, you can bet he's early in the game. Like, first week or so. Nebula is an early unlock and Elektra event is available at the beginning. Assume his options are the starters plus maybe whatever beginner pack he was offered.

Yeah. Pretty much Spidey, Punisher, Elektra, Nebula, Luke, Gamora and Quake.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am definitely taking the next few blitzes off. I got 564K last blitz for Quack. Felt good about it.

I can’t get out of Tier 1 this blitz. My top team just lost to a 94K team because the spidey dodged every attack. Literally could not die. My team is 132K to put it in perspective.

Matter of fact, this keeps happening and it’s crazy weird. I’m losing to a bunch of teams starting this blitz where it’s tons of revives, or endless speed boosts from BW.

I’ll step back into Blitz when Cap and BW are maxed.

Between this and the thomas raid rewards, shiiiiiiiiieeetttttt.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah blitzes were already getting exhausting with the 6 hour refresh. It's getting a bit much with the 2 hour. This orb blitz I've just smashed my A-team's face into enemies repeatedly. Just don't have the energy to do the whole, "fight with every team to get your tier up" thing.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I’m actually done with this game. You can boot me from CSS. I broke my phone the other day and turns out I didn’t really miss playing this.

Thanks for the home and if they fix some of my bigger issues with the game I’ll be back.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Low tiers in blitz are still pretty trivial using 3 mooks at 40-70 power and 2 damage dealers that are a bit higher, as long as you have them powered up via the bottom 2 gear items and their damage dealing skill leveled a bit. Dudes with a cleave/aoe can wipe out entire enemy teams in tiers 1-3 with one or two attacks.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am definitely taking the next few blitzes off. I got 564K last blitz for Quack. Felt good about it.

I can’t get out of Tier 1 this blitz. My top team just lost to a 94K team because the spidey dodged every attack. Literally could not die. My team is 132K to put it in perspective.

Matter of fact, this keeps happening and it’s crazy weird. I’m losing to a bunch of teams starting this blitz where it’s tons of revives, or endless speed boosts from BW.

I’ll step back into Blitz when Cap and BW are maxed.

Between this and the thomas raid rewards, shiiiiiiiiieeetttttt.

Ah gently caress I meant to really push the blitz for waifu but was busy with dumb poo poo like "unpacking so I don't live in a cavern of moving boxes anymore"

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I hit 850k for Quake, top 10%

Blitz is so drat hit and miss. First 3 battles i can snooze through, typically, but that 4th fight...even t1....gotta pay attention.
I've had my A and B team lose which is some bullshit

I'm still not feeling the 2 hour timer. I guess I'm hitting the max milestone everytime now at least but meh?

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 9, 2018

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I hit 850k for Quake, top 10%

Blitz is so drat hit and miss. First 3 battles i can snooze through, typically, but that 4th fight...even t1....gotta pay attention.
I've had my A and B team lose which is some bullshit

I'm still not feeling the 2 hour timer. I guess I'm hitting the max milestone everytime now at least but meh?

Wow that sucks. I was about 300k and still hit top 10%. The range is crazy.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
1.5m score, rank 612. Only get the top 10% rewards. I think I'll go full lazy for the groot blitz.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I prefer another Mega-Orb over Groot shards. He's not that great, even with the RR synergy. And I'm not in range of the Starlord requirements, I got a Guardian/Ravager team ready for that event, but I lack two 5* members to unlock him:

7* Gam
5* Drax
5* Yondu
4* Groot
3* Ravager Bruiser 75/80 til 4*
3* RR

Groot and the Bruiser are too far away from 5* to make it this time.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jul 10, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

zeroskippy posted:

1.5m score, rank 612. Only get the top 10% rewards. I think I'll go full lazy for the groot blitz.

You’re in the beta blitz shard, sounds like they’re getting combined this week and the reward brackets are getting tweaked so hopefully it’s an improvement.

I had 1.38 million and was rank 270ish on live shard fwiw. Didn’t spend charges beyond my 100 daily and still got top 500 easily just through the 2 hour refreshes.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Okay everyone's blitz results seem way far off what I've been doing. I normally get to milestone 8 or sometimes 9, however many points that is, and usually end up around 45-60k in the ranks, which puts me in the 11-25% bracket i think? What milestone do you all normally play to, or do the milestones not directly correlate with points accrued?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

davebo posted:

Okay everyone's blitz results seem way far off what I've been doing. I normally get to milestone 8 or sometimes 9, however many points that is, and usually end up around 45-60k in the ranks, which puts me in the 11-25% bracket i think? What milestone do you all normally play to, or do the milestones not directly correlate with points accrued?

Milestones are the same for everyone. Orb blitz has lower milestones since it only lasts a day. Each of the 3 day blitzes that happen every week have a final milestone at 600k. It's very easy to hit 600k when you have multiple teams that get over 25k points per win and you get 3 free fights and 3 25-cost fights every day. I am usually at 600k like 24 hours after the character blitzes start and still have 500 charges because of the challenge and daily.

Now that they lowered the timer to 2 hours it's even more crazy if you are able to log in and get like 6+ free fights a day with your teams.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 10, 2018

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
How are you getting 25k a win? With multipliers I usually max out at 7k or something but I could be bad or doing it worth. Even if I use lower level teams to boost the multiplier I usually die to the higher teams because I push too high.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Having a higher score team means you face higher score people that give more points. Add that to the tier 8 multiplier and you get 20k+.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I have never gotten 20K off a Blitz win. The best I have ever done was about 8K. Now I accept that I could get higher than Tier 6, but that's the best I do.

I normally finish in the 11-25% bracket IN blitz. I have finished in the 1-10% bracket for one or two Blitzes, but that's it.

I do not find Blitz this super easy welfare reward system.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I use two teams to farm in blitz currently. Cap, BW, Quake, Gamora, Hawkeye with a combined power of 115k gets ~31k points per win at 8-4. Yondu, Xbones, Kingpin, Dr. Strange, Thanos with a team power of 100k gets ~28k points. When we get Wasp, I'll probably run a third team that's something like Vision, Antman, Wasp, Iron Man, Merc Lieutenant. Maybe Drax or something instead if I need a tank.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I start out using three 42 point nobodies (one is Fisk) and two ~700 marquee dudes for the first three fights. By the fourth fight it's clear they're gonna get their rear end kicked and I'm sick of blitz after three fights anyway so I just switch to my ~100k A team. Then I just ride that until if I'm lucky I get a 2.5x multiplier right before I make it to milestone 8. Once i'm there, the fourth battle in whatever tier that is kicks my rear end and resets me so I can beat 3 teams until hitting the fourth and resetting. At that point I'm very sick of blitz and it's clear I won't make it to milestone 9 without draining all my blitz doohickeys, which I guess I don't like to drop below 300 because I'm a hoarder and feel incomplete if it's not 500/500?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've hit a wall with a lot of my characters. I cannot get for example advanced MRI because I'm a full chapter behind unlocking any of those nodes, but i don't have a party strong enough to advance in the story missions.

Love those paywalls.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
You need tier 8 to get 20k+ in a Blitz fight.
You can accomplish that with a great A team and Solid B team
If you can pull a C and D team with a 75%+ win rate, on manual control and picking the right fights, you'll place extremely well

I always get at least top 1 to 10%
My A and B team are rock solid. I'm chugging along with a t8 worthy C team, not a lot of points on a win but it gets the multiplier up, and D team is right behind them with being ready

When the Blitz changes go live, this might get shaken up

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

twistedmentat posted:

I've hit a wall with a lot of my characters. I cannot get for example advanced MRI because I'm a full chapter behind unlocking any of those nodes, but i don't have a party strong enough to advance in the story missions.

Love those paywalls.

I'm stuck in the 70s for my best team's power and I literally don't know where to go from here. I didn't blaze through the story before they made it actually difficult so I'm locked out of autowins for gear mats.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

twistedmentat posted:

Love those paywalls.

Are you in an alliance? Those show up on the raid store sometimes

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
There's about a week where you progress through the stores. Then you get high enough to punch through and farm the stuff yourself. But you still get it from the store cause you need to farm shards.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I've come around a little on the 2 hour blitz. On the one hand, it's laughably impossible for me to ever get below 1-10%. On the other hand, it makes it easier to hit all the milestones without juggling cooldowns obsessively. I basically do D-C-B-A teams three or four times a day, one time twice in a row so I can get the 100 tokens from the daily quest and not waste any. Once I'm in the upper tiers the D and C teams drop off.

If I felt the need to get top 100 it would burn me out faster than a gunpowder and gasoline fire but since they moved the goalposts for that from 'vaguely possible' to 'lol' it doesn't sting nearly as much.

Basically, I'm playing more for the milestones than the placement and even then if I miss the top 2 or 3 milestones it's no big deal since the rewards aren't enormous.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

My intentions are to re-do the OP and get the new post up tonight just FYI. It’s time for some new blood in here and really, that OP does nothing to attract new players to this game, which is still at the top of charts for downloads and is still fun, despite flaws.

There’s some good QoL improvements coming soon too, especially for raids, so yeah, let’s breathe some life into this. I’ll have a pretty in depth OP going too, as I always do because while I am terrible at actually PLAYING games, I am great at TALKING ABOUT games.

I’ll post the new link ASAP.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Keep in mind the blitz merge is going to also have a new shard or something for beginners so don’t spend too much time going over how big a waste it is right now for anyone that hasn’t been playing for 2+ months.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New thread is up. Shut this poo poo down.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3862950

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Appropriately the only responses in the thread have the image in them.

• Locked thread