Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

In awe of the size of this lad. Absolute unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Where do you even find size 20 cowboy boots?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys

Forget about it

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

lol he looks like a rowdy mennonite sherrif

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

why is it so hard to find a picture of gohan's pants/shoes

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Is Cain ever fighting again?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lol no dude.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

No, he just got really fat and bad immediately after the testing procedure changed despite looking seriously world class immediately before hand. You wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions.

yeah, you wouldn't

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I have this theory that Lesnar is the tallest thing in Saskatchewan.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nifft posted:

Is Cain ever fighting again?

Anything's possible

Except for the bones in his body ever being collected and stable enough that he can one day be considered even 80% healthy again, that's impossible

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Brock Lesnar is so incredibly ftw.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Brock looks pretty fashionable to be honest

Not sure why Americans still love to do shirt under a shirt though

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

His pecs would ripple right through a single layer.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

His waistcoat showing off his glorious mantits like a boob tube would be great though

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
And I'm wearin' eight shirts 'cos Tom Ford won't pay me nothin'!

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dan Didio posted:

And I'm wearin' eight shirts 'cos Tom Ford won't pay me nothin'!

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That coors light poo poo was awesome. Glad Brock is back

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wow Brock coming back for a fight with Cormier is too WWE for me. UFC is a real sport, and I can't wait for Frank Edgar vs Jeremiah Steve for the Interim FW belt.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The crowd popped louder than anything I've heard on WWE lately when DC got on the mic and retorted with the whole "Push me now you'll go to sleep later." thing it was really something.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah this is the good kind of carnie poo poo not like that amateur hour CM Punk travesty.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I do it due to sweating.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You might sweat less with less layers on

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Matt Lindland posted:

Brock Lesnar is so incredibly ftw.

Him having his bowels kneed out after a pathetic showing against Overeem where he looked confused and terrified was also ftw

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
key to this fight: Does Daniel cormier have a horse shoe up his rear end?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nah, but if Brock pisses hot again, I propose DC be allowed to load his gloves with one.

Fair's fair.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Le Saboteur posted:

The crowd popped louder than anything I've heard on WWE lately

Yeah, I wish WWE was anywhere near as good as that Brock/Cormier stuff.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, I wish WWE was anywhere near as good as that Brock/Cormier stuff.

The UFC’s promotional model is basically what pro wrestling used to be like.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Jack Slack did a good pre-fight break down of Cormier's mummy guard: https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/vbj4nb/clash-of-kings-tactical-guide-to-stipe-miocic-vs-daniel-cormier

Also, while Johny's post-USADA fall was spectacular, I think the best example for what steroids actually can do for you is watching Bigfoot Silva's fights against Hunt.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Jon Jones is a poo poo person but this sport isnt about personality. It's about measuring your talent, your physical gifts and your smarts against your opponents. So I always thought Jon was cool as hell and looked forward to every single fight of his, to get a glimpse of his greatness

Unfortunately Jon Jones is also a steroid cheater which makes me question all his talent and physical gifts. All his opponents always said he was deceptively strong which is why he was able to muscle them around in clinches and on the ground, easily.. Was this mostly because the guy was doing steroids? Maybe! That's the reason people like Cyborg are destroying her opponents for example. Vitor on steroids = super dangerous. Vitor without steroids = old soft man who loses every fight

Steroids isn't a "small advantage" it's HUGE

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Steroids isn't a "small advantage" it's HUGE

Are they, though?

Look at other sports - you can give the average joe all the steroids you want and they still won't hit a homerun, throw a 90mph fast ball, make a 3 pointer...Sure you're going to be stronger but you won't magically gain reflexes and coordination and technique.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Steroids directly impacted the number of homeruns hit during the McGwire/Sosa era.

Raw strength has been shown to be a huge advantage in MMA to the point that some fighters can get by on that even if other skills aren't deficient. Also, those other sports don't require hitting a person in the face.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah but my understanding is that they don't just pick a guy out of the audience, pump him full of steroids and tell him to go to town

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bob Morales posted:

you can give the average joe all the steroids you want

Joe Rogan: :haw:

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

henkman posted:

Yeah but my understanding is that they don't just pick a guy out of the audience, pump him full of steroids and tell him to go to town

Depends if CM Punk has a fight left on his contract or not

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Bob Morales posted:

Are they, though?

Look at other sports - you can give the average joe all the steroids you want and they still won't hit a homerun, throw a 90mph fast ball, make a 3 pointer...Sure you're going to be stronger but you won't magically gain reflexes and coordination and technique.

I think they are. I mean Jon has talent. We can see that he is fairly creative for example. But without steroids, is he better than Cormier? Than Gustafsson? It's his performance on an elite level that is in question. Would he have had the career he had without steroids or would he have seen way less success?

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

I agree that steroids are a huge unfair advantage, which is why if Jon Jones had used them, which he never did, it would be fine since it would just be to level the playing field with the 40 year old man who's stronger than everyone he fights but we all pretend like it's ok because he also has a belly.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1st AD posted:

The UFC’s promotional model is basically what pro wrestling used to be like.

Where does the molestation of a corpse come into the promotional material for a fight?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

"Roguelikes"*

*Latest Fad

Bob Morales posted:

Are they, though?

how many average joes do you think make it to the ufc

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Liquid Communism posted:

Nah, but if Brock pisses hot again, I propose DC be allowed to load his gloves with one.

Fair's fair.

you'd like DC to load your mouth lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Bob Morales posted:

Are they, though?

while they won't perform superhuman feats there is evidence peds for normal men do work pretty well: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

yeah lovely sample size but that seems pretty endemic to ped testing; anyway, in four groups - two who exercised on a standardised program, two which didn't, with two of those four groups being given test and two not being given any - the group which sat around doing nothing and took test had similar muscle strength improvements to the exercise and no test group (19% and 21% for squats, 10 and 11% for bench, with the slight edge going to the exercise group. by comparison, the exercise and test group added 38% and 22% over 10 weeks. the men in the test and no exercise group also had appreciable growth in muscle dimensions, which the exercise and no test group did not. additionally, the test and no exercise group put on 3.2kg of fat-free mass, while the exercise and no test group only put on 1.9kg. the test and exercise group put on 6.1kg.

and that's for average joes - which are not really the best comparison to guys who even without roids are at the right tail of the athletic talent bell curve.

for athletes there's an article here that looks at androgenic anabolic steroids in athletes but i can't be bothered going through it: https://link-springer-com.ezp.lib.unimelb.edu.au/content/pdf/10.2165%2F00007256-200434080-00003.pdf

• Locked thread