Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hate-Senpai posted:

Yeah it's my favorite fight of the series so far by far.

You got the old versus the new, the theme of conviction and belief in your style, conflicting views on tradition, etc. etc.

It's so good.

Same here. Jun ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
hey btw Bando is a loving legend that dude ownss

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Hate-Senpai posted:

Yeah it's my favorite fight of the series so far by far.

You got the old versus the new, the theme of conviction and belief in your style, conflicting views on tradition, etc. etc.

It's so good.

Hell yeah doggie, this page is so sick.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
What chapter does that fight begin on again?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Hell yeah doggie, this page is so sick.

i really wanted that to be the end of the fight. like no explanation

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The author has a bit of a pattern of letting each fighter get a cool move or tide turning moment in but you can usually tell who will win based on the order of who powered up when but the Sekibayashi fight I literally had no idea who would win and so many times I was like "that's the end of it drat". Also the Fatty VS Cop fight I thought was gonna be a win for fatty tbh.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

EmmyOk posted:

The author has a bit of a pattern of letting each fighter get a cool move or tide turning moment in but you can usually tell who will win based on the order of who powered up when but the Sekibayashi fight I literally had no idea who would win and so many times I was like "that's the end of it drat". Also the Fatty VS Cop fight I thought was gonna be a win for fatty tbh.

Honestly if Fattys knees had held out he might have won. Guy was beating rear end and ACCELERATING

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if his employer hadn't ruined him the strongest man of the himalayas could have been a contender

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if his employer hadn't ruined him the strongest man of the himalayas could have been a contender

I was glad to see that his tribe elders were there and I was hoping they'd help him recover but then he got the ultimate master.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Zerilan posted:

What chapter does that fight begin on again?
Start of that "arc" is 74.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
tenacious fighters are

S T R O N G

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Netflix you motherfuckers don't you loving dare delay this. Also where IS THE GODDAMN SCANLATION

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Netflix you motherfuckers don't you loving dare delay this. Also where IS THE GODDAMN SCANLATION

Probably during this weekend, one of the scanlators was having home renovations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I read some of the raws. Now it will be even longer before I get to read anything new. I don't know why I did this to myself. :negative:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Enough lamenting how long it will take to catch up it's wrasslin time
https://mangadex.org/chapter/406886/1

from the last page, I appreciate the author knowing that Boxers tend to be perpetually dunked on by other traditional martial arts in manga and such and didn't go that same road. I also find it funny that Gaolang just can't deal with Saw either.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Okubo's putting up a much better showing than I would've expected. Honestly, there's been very little outright jobbing in the series--Mockey is the only case I'd really call egregious, and the author notes on that one were pretty much "I did want to give this guy a chance to show off, but I realized partway through that there wasn't really another way that fight could have gone, sorry"

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Razor Finger Guy jobbed pretty hard in his fight, iirc

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all of the idiot group did

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kaneda did really well considering the gulf between him and Gaolang

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kaneda was totally not what i expected him to be at all

usually the shifty, mysterious guy who says he is weak is actually hella strong

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Grappling!

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

welcome back Kengan now please never leave us

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

fang is gay as hell. sorry for the language

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
"in order to give him more of a silent and noble air, i kept Broly from Dragon Ball in mind" lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
interesting that the fang referred to himself as 'we'

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Wild Horses posted:

on a scale of like third division curling meet to The Olympics, how much do the fighters bone outside of the fights

i bet its a lot

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Jose posted:

interesting that the fang referred to himself as 'we'

Everyone thought that the gimmick fighters would be eliminated early but it turns out the fang was 2 fighters stuffed into a bodysuit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bushmeister posted:

on a scale of like third division curling meet to The Olympics, how much do the fighters bone outside of the fights

i bet its a lot

can any of them match the genocider is the real question

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

he can remove a very large man from a pin with a single pelvic thrust

so you have to wonder what else he can do to a man with his hips

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I want to see Cosmo take one of these guys on.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I feel like we're going to get a chapter end with Cosmo's Zone going off, then the following chapter is an explanation of how he got faked out by the opponent

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I don't really see how he could beat some massive guy who can grapple

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

more grappling more slams please. Also more crazy chiseled physiques. Basically keep becoming more like baki please manga

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
OHHHH YEAHHHH.

Our boy Okubo with surprise attack.

I know the Fang has no way of losing THIS early but I'm still rooting for Okubo, he's such a good guy. It's a nice change from the assassins and psychopaths and rapists we've seen so far.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. I guess this is where that spoiler image I saw here all those months ago will come into play.

Also, that's an interesting evolution of Gaolang.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 10, 2018

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

congratulations on experiencing a thing with your senses

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

It's a bit premature of me (sorry Okubo, but you backstoried first), but here's a preview of our Round 2 Matches!

Cosmo vs. Judge Dredd

It's been a while since we've seen these guys fight! Cosmo was in the very first bout, taking down our sweet, innocent boy Adam Dudley with a vicious choke hold, after using his special gimmick technique to get in on his larger opponent. Akoya beat down Haruo in the second match, which... wasn't really about Akoya that much. He had a weird cooperation gimmick going with his CEO, which didn't work so he just did things his way. Itherwise the only thing th at really memorable was a good defense against strikes. Which... seems less than useful against Cosmo. Tentatively calling this for Cosmo.

Ohma vs. Raian

Hey, it's Ohma! In a fight that I can't say I really care about that much! There's a couple ways this could go, to be honest--it could be a dumb Limiter Removal slugfest, or Ohma could decide not to do the thing that kills him and try and eke out a victory on technique. Either way I'm calling it for Ohma because main character and Raian is an rear end in a top hat that can go eat a bucket of sand, but there's not much more analysis I have than that.

WAKATSUKI TAKESHI vs. JULIUS REINHOLD

This fight is going to be incredible. Forget technique, these guys both have the gimmick of "I have ludicrous levels of physical strength". This is going to be a brutal slugfest and I am READY. Leaning Wakatsuki because he clearly has more to show, but I could see Julius taking it

Muteba Gizenga vs. The Man, The Myth, the Legend, Sekibayashi Jun!

Not gonna lie, I'm worried for Jun. I can respect his commitment to "I will never block", but I have to question it's effectiveness against the guy who has mastered every dirty trick in the book and is ridiculously strong on top of that. It's very Face vs Heel, but... one way or another, this isn't going to be great for Jun.

Yoroizuka Saw Paing vs Mizakuchi Rei

Really not sure about this one, because we haven't seen a *ton* out of Mikazuchi. I'm sure that the power of repeated cranial trauma will keep Saw from getting chumped, but I don't really know how he'll get hits in,except maybe just going for trades Coinflip!

Kuroki "Devil Lance" Gensai vs Kiryu "Colossal Erection" Setsuna

I think this will be a good match. They both have great defense, both have a technique that makes their hits absolutely brutal. I think Kiryu's Ohmaboner is going to give him that extra bit of motivation to take this one

Hatsumi Sen vs. Bando "probably dead by this point" Yohei

See above. Even if Bando is still alive, he's going to be severely weakened, and even if he werent, Sen is no slouch. Easy victory for Sen.

Gaolang Wongsawat vs. Kanoh Agito

Man, I wish there was uncertainty here, but... it's the Fang. The only peoplenO see him losong to are Sen, Setsuna, or Ohma. I think this will be the fight where we really see him cut loose (as well as Okubo is doing, I think we're only going to see a glimpse of Fang's true power). Hopefully Gaolang punches him in the face a bunch on the way out.

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 10, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Man, I wish there was uncertainty here, but... it's the Fang. The only peoplenO see him losong to are Sen, Setsuna, or Ohma. I think this will be the fight where we really see him cut loose (as well as Okubo is doing, I think we're only going to see a glimpse of Fang's true power). Hopefully Gaolang punches him in the face a bunch on the way out.

Eh, I'd give Wakatsuki better chances against Fang than either Ohma for sure, and probably Setsuna as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kiryuu Vs Julius final. Does his weird twistijg muscles work against Julius