Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Matt Lindland posted:

Yeah Zma is good. Or if you don’t wanna buy that just zinc seems to do most of the heavy lifting.

Have you tried L-arginine and Cloimid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

There were people asking where people are that used to post here. We're still around but prefer to just lurk because it gets weirdly clique-ish in here sometimes. Also while I'm here: Andrei Arlovski is the GOAT.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah totally agree, but its just weird to me bc its not like stipe hurt him really bad or totally destroyed him for 25 minutes. clear win for sure and he took some punishment but wtf

Maybe everyone is underestimating how much Stipe hurt him. He landed a few clean shots, and while ngannou looked like they didn't phase him much, that might have been the hardest he's ever been hit and is like, "gently caress that poo poo," now. He was for sure afraid of getting punched, no question.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I'm not quite on board for it, but the conspiracy theory that it was a fix is tempting

he's a poor guy, gets a shot in the bigs, loses in his title shot, getting outclassed by a guy who had much better fundamentals than him. he sees the 4.000 odds on Lewis, decides he's going to put down a lot of cash and then lose, only problem is lewis hurts his back and can't throw hard punches anymore, so Ngannou can't have the fight end that way, so how else can he get Lewis to win? he can't, so he just keeps waiting for Lewis to throw punches to end the fight, but they can't come out, so it ends in no action and a decision to a guy who threw a few more punches than he did.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1016457440764841985

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Let the clown fight

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GarethADaviesDT/status/1016417530418614272

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
even the statue looks like it's backing away from a fight

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

willie_dee posted:

Take citrulline malate instead of arginine, it actually increases blood levels of arginine better than arginine itself, which is poorly absorbed.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

how many average joes do you think make it to the ufc

Travis Browne waves awkwardly from the corner, then flips out the window like his bones exploded.

Southpaugh posted:

DC has shown that being a fat dad is the best base for MMA. Not steroids.

I'll update the spreadsheet that earlier suggested it was having an abusive sibling and a heart full of darkness.

Skip My Posts posted:

i will defned fat johny always forever

He's pretty bad at defending himself.

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah totally agree, but its just weird to me bc its not like stipe hurt him really bad or totally destroyed him for 25 minutes. clear win for sure and he took some punishment but wtf

Getting that gassed and looking that helpless for 25 minutes would be a pretty mentally draining thing. The last time I was truly, utterly exhausted was loving terrifying, and I didn't have a huge man trying to knock me out.

MotU posted:

even the statue looks like it's backing away from a fight

Nice

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Snowman_McK posted:

I'll update the spreadsheet that earlier suggested it was having an abusive sibling and a heart full of darkness.

I mean I used to think it was "be Eastern European" but this fight showed otherwise

Of course Stipe is only ethnically croatian so he may have dilluted the purity of his warrior heritage

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Calls a 6 foot 8 guy an average joe then brags about being tired once. Sick

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

mewse posted:

Terror is the best base for mma

e: also lol that the only picture he could find was one of him whiffing a punch

sorry but selling tires is the best base for mma

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The Ngannou fight has two leading theories: that the guy who willed himself from extreme poverty to the other side of the world like some 19th century pulp protagonist got completely broken mentally by losing once. Or that he tried to lose. I think he tried to lose cause his strategy could have produced no other possible outcome and I'm generally skeptical of "this professional fighter is actually a coward" theories. and also that it really, really looked like he tried to lose.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

Calls a 6 foot 8 guy an average joe then brags about being tired once. Sick

I figure his complete lack of talent, spatial awareness and general physical coordination probably balances it out to average.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean I used to think it was "be Eastern European" but this fight showed otherwise

Of course Stipe is only ethnically croatian so he may have dilluted the purity of his warrior heritage

It could be 'born in a warzone' but only most of the Dagestanis are unstoppable killing machines rather than all of them.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

still thinking about thos boots

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Best Friends posted:

The Ngannou fight has two leading theories: that the guy who willed himself from extreme poverty to the other side of the world like some 19th century pulp protagonist got completely broken mentally by losing once. Or that he tried to lose. I think he tried to lose cause his strategy could have produced no other possible outcome and I'm generally skeptical of "this professional fighter is actually a coward" theories. and also that it really, really looked like he tried to lose.

The easier explanation is that Ngannou and Lewis are counter fighters and this fight always had a strong chance of being a terrible staring contest. Lewis's back and Ngannou's extreme overcorrection just made it truly awful.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Snowman_McK posted:

Travis Browne waves awkwardly from the corner, then flips out the window like his bones exploded.

browne is funny because he's super tough, flexible, hits hard. but just seems to lack some fundamental body coordination that you need to fight at a high level.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Ngannou did a really really really good job of spazzing out, swinging wildly, and tensing every muscle in his body the 3 times Derrick Lewis walked forward during the fight. I didn't know he was such a great actor.

Also, I love Da Black Beast and good for him to keep getting those checks but if I were the UFC I wouldn't book him again until the stuff with his back is sorted out 100%. He dropped out of one fight and now has a couple other fights where he just could not perform.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

The Automator posted:

He was for sure afraid of getting punched, no question.

Being afraid of getting punched by Derrick Lewis is just common sense.

Best Friends posted:

One of those isn’t a “theory,” though; it’s “nonsense.” Just so I’m clear, it’s _not_ the one that says, “high-profile loss on the biggest stage in the sport affects young fighter’s mental state.”

The guy who willed himself from extreme poverty to the other side of the world like some 19th century pulp protagonist rocketed to the top of the biggest promotion in his sport, achieved a position balanced on the point of changing his life forever, and said, “Lol, that’s far enough” and ran to the bookie with the notoriously generous UFC second-tier fighter money he’d acquired, and bet it all on himself to lose in an embarrassing, career-affecting way?

It’s not impossible, but I’m sticking with, “got scared.”

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

willie_dee posted:

Yes and no respectively. I like Arginine for reasons I currently don’t remember but they weren’t load related. Not lifting much atm.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Chris James 2 posted:

Winston Duke from Black Panther is gonna play Kimbo in the Kimbo film "Backyard Legend"

drat, he's for once much bigger than the person he's portraying.

Best Friends posted:

I'm generally skeptical of "this professional fighter is actually a coward" theories.

Poverty and getting beaten up are two different dimensions of hardship. I assure you that plenty of third world destitutes way worse off would never be able to come back for a second fight after their first.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Say Nothing posted:

Take citrulline malate instead of arginine, it actually increases blood levels of arginine better than arginine itself, which is poorly absorbed.

Ah nice tip... I’ll check this out

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

My theory is that like many natural heavyweights nangoo is never really tested in the gym and he was having a cool and easy run in the ufc and getting beat up for half an hour could have easily made him afeared + been a new experience For him

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
keven there is no shortcut to bigger loads, if it sounds too good then it is

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
also it's real hosed up that willie d did a bunch of steroids and then had sex with a girl, and now everyone is trying to copy that

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I guess everyone should be like you, and only have sex with men.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

I guess everyone should be like you, and only have sex with men.

Who are we kidding here Gay Horney

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Folks I’ve head you and I’m responding. Instead of irony laden “hot takes” where I say who my favorite fighters are and that they’re better than other fighters I’m going to give you what you want: 100% sincere discussions of my load enhancing supplement journey.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Chael regarding the brock show

https://www.facebook.com/ChaelSonnen/videos/1846181575459237/

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

keven there is no shortcut to bigger loads,

there is though, and it's been mentioned. zinc.

Matt Lindland posted:

My theory is that like many natural heavyweights nangoo is never really tested in the gym and he was having a cool and easy run in the ufc and getting beat up for half an hour could have easily made him afeared + been a new experience For him

this is what i see. time does that weird dilation thing when you're tired where a minute seems like an eternity and 18 minutes of exhaustion and being hit at will by the champion of fat men could conceivably produce ptsd like symptoms in a man who has never had to work hard than a few minutes at a time to kill any human on earth with his bare hands and be lavished with money and praise.

of course it could be any multitude of things such as being shook,, watching a sad movie the night before, needing to poo poo real bad before hand and not finding being able to find a bin etc.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
also i'm sorry to hear that this thread is 'clique-ish' and hope it isn't that restricting people from posting their thoughts and is instead the fact that the ufc is boring as poo poo lately. when conor hosed up that bus i saw a big bunch of people i haven't seen post in like 2 years start posting again (and then immediately stop) so maybe they are just living fuller lives without us.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

If you think this thread wasn’t cliqueish when the mod and his friends replied to everything with “nope” idk man.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

drat Chael takes pro-wrestling really seriously.

mewse
May 2, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

drat Chael takes pro-wrestling really seriously.

Yeah he was bitching about Joe Rogan saying colby was just talking poo poo for attention recently, saying "if you're in the business you don't talk business to people outside the business"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I think Brock getting knocked out by DC is going to rule.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TheKingslayer posted:

I think Brock getting knocked out by DC is going to rule.

It's gonna be awesome, though I guess it's not gonna happen till 2019?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I like when Fat Dad’s response was, “When he does that [stuff he does in wrestling], I’m not gonna look the other way. I’mma get in that rear end.” Lol. Cormier is going to kill Brock, and it’s going to be good.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

It's gonna be awesome, though I guess it's not gonna happen till 2019?

Though just as a thought, how insane would it be for Brock to somehow win and fight Jon Jones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The timing would work out, theyll both be done with their ped sentences and free to fight in bellator in 2025

• Locked thread