Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's criminal that Tim Gutterson didn't get a spinoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Justified, like Always Sunny, is one of those weird shows that has somehow avoided going 5+ seasons without truly having a dud season.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

This week's Ghosted was truely weird and I feel like they left an outtake in the episode near the end (or at the very least, completely improv section with natural laughing reactions from Adam Scott and Craig Robinson.)

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 10, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

Justified, like Always Sunny, is one of those weird shows that has somehow avoided going 5+ seasons without truly having a dud season.

There's not even that many dud episodes of Justified.

"I didn't order assholes with my whiskey."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bull3964 posted:

This week's Ghosted was truely weird and I feel like they left an outtake in the episode near the end (or at the very least, completely improv section with natural laughing reactions from Adam Scott and Craig Robinson.)

Yeah, it was hard to tell if that was scripted or if they just started laughing at the story and they kept it in.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, it was hard to tell if that was scripted or if they just started laughing at the story and they kept it in.

I have a feeling the story was half scripted but then they kept the scene going. "and my penis became magnetic, but only for aluminium."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

There's not even that many dud episodes of Justified.

I'm trying to think of one and yeah, I can't recall every being like "well that sucked!" at the end of an ep. Just a solid show through and through.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched the first five episodes of Claws. I wanted to like it, it has a great cast, but I wasn't really enjoying it until episode 5. Which is when I began to actively hate it

Is there any reason to bother with the rest of the season or does it continue on as is?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I watched the first five episodes of Claws. I wanted to like it, it has a great cast, but I wasn't really enjoying it until episode 5. Which is when I began to actively hate it

Is there any reason to bother with the rest of the season or does it continue on as is?

What is Claws?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

What is Claws?

TNT trying to do a Breaking Bad thing. The main character is played by the black lady cop from Reno 911. She owns a nail salon and is trying to care for her employees and autistic brother while laundering money for the mob and covering up her own involvement (first episode spoiler)in a murder

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh poo poo, I love Niecy Nash!

But I also see the really annoying waitress from True Blood.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Oh poo poo, I love Niecy Nash!

But I also see the really annoying waitress from True Blood.

on the far right in that picture is Turk's wife from Scrubs, and the show's also got the guy who yelled Walt from Lost and Hank from Breaking Bad. Like I said, really great cast

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's too bad they only show it at the beginning of each season, because the Glow credit sequence is badass, the best I've ever seen

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yay Strike Back!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjkTeThnh0n/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12rpoq5zjtg1o

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What the hell, looking at that Instagram shows they are filming season 7 but no more Roxanne McKee on the team aka Doreah from Game of Thrones. They replaced her with this (Russian?) lady

https://www.instagram.com/yaseminkayallen/

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

What the hell, looking at that Instagram shows they are filming season 7 but no more Roxanne McKee on the team aka Doreah from Game of Thrones. They replaced her with this (Russian?) lady

Yeah i read that in May.

BSG Apollo is the new head of 20.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Mu Zeta posted:

That's fine. Alin Sumarwata is the best Richmond replacement anyway. McKee's character was pretty uninteresting compared to hers.

If one of them had to go to make room for this new girl, they chose the right one.

Strike Back is a show that should never die. They just reboot it every couple years with a new cast and setting.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I mean Section 20 people die by the truckload so they could have given her an execution scene. Even Richard Armitage got that with his boring rear end character.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaybackJack posted:

That's fine. Alin Sumarwata is the best Richmond replacement anyway. McKee's character was pretty uninteresting compared to hers.

If one of them had to go to make room for this new girl, they chose the right one.

Strike Back is a show that should never die. They just reboot it every couple years with a new cast and setting.

I read somewhere that she couldn't commit to the filming schedule. But it could be bunk.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sharp Objects episode 1 was really good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:stoked:

I can't wait for the new season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

Sharp Objects episode 1 was really good

Agreed! I was totally shocked how good it was. I went in totally cold though.

I like the music.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:stoked:

I can't wait for the new season.

I am the biggest fan of this show. It's exactly what i like in an shoot em up show.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 10, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Couple of trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXsKCQenpt0

I hope this is good. I saw the Cujo thing, and obviously Shawshank, y 'all recognize any other Easter eggs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg0N4L4mwFk

Foreign shows that Netflix picks up tend to be pretty good, and I've never seen a show that was in Hindi, so I'm interested

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Sharp Objects is really good so far. Amy Adams is just so fantastic. And if you like the direction, but haven't watched Big Little Lies, get on that immediately.

Also, I read the book, and all I could think at certain points was TEETH TEETH TEETH TEETH TEETH. That's like the only plot detail I remember from it, but it sure stuck with me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't there a show called Outpost on CW tomorrow or the day after. Looks apocalypty, I'm a sucker that stuff.
I try to go in cold as much as possible.

Wynonna Earp and Killjoyss are back next week.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

zoux posted:

Couple of trailers

I hope this is good. I saw the Cujo thing, and obviously Shawshank, y 'all recognize any other Easter eggs?

Castle Rock is by the guy who made Manhattan, so I've been hyped for ages.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

Castle Rock is by the guy who made Manhattan, so I've been hyped for ages.

I hated Manhattan so you've diminished my hype!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Hot take? While S5 of JUSTIFIED is not very good, Michael Rappaport is actually good in it. The prison segment is what drives that season into the ground and makes it hard to get through a re-watch as only the last episode really matters.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Done with Justified. Great final episode, great final season, all around an amazing show.

Edit: I still want a spinoff with Loretta and her weed empire!

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 10, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Popelmon posted:

Done with Justified. Great final episode, great final season, all around an amazing show.

Edit: I still want a spinoff with Loretta and her weed empire!

Another reason to hate Last Man Standing

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Sacred Games on Netflix is pretty fantastic. Drama about organized crime in Mumbai.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'm really disappointed that I missed Killing Eve when it was on. Is it available anywhere legal online?

I started watching Kiss Me First, and like it so far. I think the main actress is pretty good - it also helps that there's just something about her that looks... I don't know how to describe it, almost otherworldly or computer-generated (this sounds worse than I mean it to). There's just something about the way she looks that I feel like makes her perfect for a character who's caught between virtual life and real life.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I think Killing Eve is still available on the BBC America app, but tied to a TV provider login. I assume it will roll onto Hulu or Netflix sometime in the coming months.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's one my BBC America on Demand, so if you still have cable, try that route

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Speaking of BBC shows, has anyone watched that Hugh Grant miniseries where he's a gay politician trying to cover up an affair? It seemed ok from his plugging it on Colbert the other week.

e: a very english scandal

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

IRQ posted:

e: a very english scandal

Based on a true story.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/seewhatsnext/status/1016752032051486720

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Couple of trailers

I'm not sure how far they'll go with it but the big thing is that the prisoner they're talking about at the beginning of the trailer is played by Bill Skarsgard, who is Pennywise in the It movies. Both the It movies and Castle Rock are owned by Warner Bros Media.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

I'm not sure how far they'll go with it but the big thing is that the prisoner they're talking about at the beginning of the trailer is played by Bill Skarsgard, who is Pennywise in the It movies. Both the It movies and Castle Rock are owned by Warner Bros Media.

I don't think they're going to lean into it terribly hard, given that the show is only four episodes long, but it's basically four episodes of the Stephen King Shared Universe, so there will probably be some rather oblique hints to Pennywise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Only 4? Is it meant to be a miniseries or what