Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter!

moat are u scum?

i bet moat is scum

b-minus1 posted:

So many people claiming mafia aligned means were probably close to mylo. Eceeyone should fullclaim flavor and all actions IMHO

good plan im pgo deathmiller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter!

moat are u scum?

i bet moat is scum

Ooooofffff lol

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

what, again?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi aa!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Monathin posted:

what, again?

in my heart i'll forever be a pgo deathmiller :sun:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

in my heart i'll forever be a pgo deathmiller :sun:

:thunk:

checks out

Dancer
May 23, 2011
hi whats pgo?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dancer posted:

hi whats pgo?

Paranoid Gun Owner: anyone who visits them dies.

AS isn't actually a pgo deathmiller, though

##vote MurmurTwin

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

moat are u scum?

i bet moat is scum

What will you bet me i haven't been threatened with a mod kill over gambling in a while

Atomic Soda posted:

Lol

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

I didn't get my dick PM, I am town.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
Who should I trust and why; let he who would be judged step forward, let them weigh their heart and I will see the truth in them.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anpu posted:

Who should I trust and why; let he who would be judged step forward, let them weigh their heart and I will see the truth in them.

you can trust me because i'm very bad at mafia and openly so

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Monathin posted:

This is a lie you literally won the last game for us

##unvote

##vote mona

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

Monathin posted:

What do you think are your greatest weaknesses playing mafia?

What would you say are your strengths as a player?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i don't agree with mona but which game are you talking about moat?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Also you vigged me.

##vote mona

Speaking of, Anpu, if you're looking for someone you can trust because they're openly bad at mafia, it's obviously me. I'm about so slam a second vote on someone in jokephase, which people are going to interpret as trying to use a joke-vote to get a bus going, but now that I've said that, people are going to say that I'm being way too defensive and trying to cut off criticism, and then later when jokephase ends and I unvote, people will accuse me of backstepping.

And then when everyone's piling up on me, I'll have a meltdown (whether real or faked, or at least perceived to be faked is yet to be decided), and I'll undoubtedly have one or two "scumslips", which will provide people with further evidence, and by then the entirety of day 1 is almost gone, and I'll be the only person with a significant number of votes, so I will have to be the lynch.

If that isn't terrible mafia play, then I don't know what is :v: .

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And just to further heighten the chaos, I will pre-emptively ##unvote while we are undoubtedly still inside jokephase. Was this a pre-planned extended joke? Is this me panicking because I'm realizing my previous post was not quite the brilliant scum-play I thought it was, and even further accelerating the back-tracking in the empty hope of preventing the fallout? Who knows...

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
we are all equally terrible

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

You show great self awareness, Dancer.

How would you say you are at reading others?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Anpu posted:

You show great self awareness, Dancer.

How would you say you are at reading others?

It's a running joke in my board game group that I am absolutely loving terrible at bluffing, like, to an unparalleled extent, and my decent competence at reading people is the only thing that lets me have the glimmer of a chance in games like Skull and Coup.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

we are all equally terrible

:agreed:

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Dancer posted:

It's a running joke in my board game group that I am absolutely loving terrible at bluffing, like, to an unparalleled extent, and my decent competence at reading people is the only thing that lets me have the glimmer of a chance in games like Skull and Coup.

Thank you.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lots of mafia on this page

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

Lots of mafia on this page

I'm not mafia, I'm a law-abiding citizen.

Oh poo poo was that another scumslip?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

I'm not mafia, I'm a law-abiding citizen.

Oh poo poo was that another scumslip?

3p claim

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Welp now I'm hosed. ##vote Dancer

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

HEAT mafia

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

I was a 3p in Heat Mafia where RF scumslipped and then Hal and binus hosed up covering for them, it kinda owned

I'm not good at Mafia tho.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
##vote Dancer

stop it, you dork

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Smoking a cigar, I casually recline back in my seat. Coppers shaking up a game is nothing new, everyone needs their take after all. Granted they don't usually make a scene at the bosses' game, but as far as I'm concerned the only change in this game is that the stakes have been raised.

"Raise," I say as if nothing has happened, nudging forth a tower of chips, eyes never leaving the eyes of the other players, taking everything in. They say it's a skill possessed only by assassins and gamblers. I've never killed, on purpose anyway, but today wouldn't be the first time I've bet on my life.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Would real mafiosos follow the mods rule and agree to his unvoting terms or would they break the law??? Hmm lots of suspecious dudes in here.

Of course I only did it because I'm secure enough in my mafianess that I can do whatever I want DAD.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Slamburger posted:

Would real mafiosos follow the mods rule and agree to his unvoting terms or would they break the law??? Hmm lots of suspecious dudes in here.

Of course I only did it because I'm secure enough in my mafianess that I can do whatever I want DAD.

Godfather softclaim, scumslip.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im town godfather

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
anyways ##vote moat because of course

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

flerp posted:

im town godfather

The realest post so far

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I encourage everyone to answer my questions.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Smoking a cigar, I casually recline back in my seat. Coppers shaking up a game is nothing new, everyone needs their take after all. Granted they don't usually make a scene at the bosses' game, but as far as I'm concerned the only change in this game is that the stakes have been raised.

"Raise," I say as if nothing has happened, nudging forth a tower of chips, eyes never leaving the eyes of the other players, taking everything in. They say it's a skill possessed only by assassins and gamblers. I've never killed, on purpose anyway, but today wouldn't be the first time I've bet on my life.

"Still at it, huh?" He shakes his head, rapping his knuckles on the nearest surface as if hoping it's superstitiously ward off the trouble we were in. "That's just like you, cool as can be, still wagering as if we aren't in the midst of a shakedown. Guess I can't blame you, though."

Anpu posted:

What do you think are your greatest weaknesses playing mafia?

What would you say are your strengths as a player?

"I ain't good a good grip at holding onto my suspicions. If I had to be honest." A drink was nearby, one which he took a gracious sip from. "Either I bite in too hard when I should shake off, or I shake off to easy when the alarm bells should be ringing."

"That being said." He stops. "I consider myself good at putting together pieces and unravelling the initial moment. I've caught people lying to me enough times before, I just need the wherewithawl to know whether that lie's important."

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Rightly or wrongly, I trust Monathin.

Hopefully that doesn’t earn me a dagger between my shoulderblades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I'm good at lying.

I'm bad at putting in effort and finding scum.

• Locked thread