Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I feel like at least the first four gifs show a leading hand jab but I aint a boxer

EDIT:

I love this punch if only because I cannot remember the last time someone limp wristed a jab around guard and then tightened it up before it hit https://gfycat.com/PolishedCleanFirefly

Yeah, that's what I was taking away from it as well. I am not a boxer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

chael, brock is an amateur at promos too he doesnt talk in WWE unless its about piss

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Being afraid of getting punched by Derrick Lewis is just common sense.

One of those isn’t a “theory,” though; it’s “nonsense.” Just so I’m clear, it’s _not_ the one that says, “high-profile loss on the biggest stage in the sport affects young fighter’s mental state.”

The guy who willed himself from extreme poverty to the other side of the world like some 19th century pulp protagonist rocketed to the top of the biggest promotion in his sport, achieved a position balanced on the point of changing his life forever, and said, “Lol, that’s far enough” and ran to the bookie with the notoriously generous UFC second-tier fighter money he’d acquired, and bet it all on himself to lose in an embarrassing, career-affecting way?

It’s not impossible, but I’m sticking with, “got scared.”

People get paid to take falls.

Best Friends fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 10, 2018

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
maybe he took a dive maybe he got ptsd from the stipe fight, either way it was a shameful performance from both guys. it looked to me like lewis could have won at any point by just walking forward and swinging, ngannou wasnt waiting on a countershot he was running away.

also ngannous corner needs to be fired to a man, they gave him no motivation or urgency. just let him embarrass himself out there smdh

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Best Friends posted:

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

this is what i see. time does that weird dilation thing when you're tired where a minute seems like an eternity and 18 minutes of exhaustion and being hit at will by the champion of fat men could conceivably produce ptsd like symptoms in a man who has never had to work hard than a few minutes at a time to kill any human on earth with his bare hands and be lavished with money and praise.

of course it could be any multitude of things such as being shook,, watching a sad movie the night before, needing to poo poo real bad before hand and not finding being able to find a bin etc.

yeah thats a good point, they need to bring in like verhoeven or some other giant monster kickboxer to beat him up enough in sparring so he learns how to handle it

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Best Friends posted:

Your compelling counter-argument has given me much to think about.

Welp, I’m off to but a lottery ticket and never get on an airplane, again.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Okay im sold he fought with a gameplan that could only lead to defeat and is different from every way he fought before because he is a coward. Well off to the computer factory

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Best Friends posted:

Okay im sold he fought with a gameplan that could only lead to defeat and is different from every way he fought before because he is a coward. Well off to the computer factory

uh it would be more cowardly to throw a fight you fuckin idiot lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
id like to throw this fight in order to greatly reduce my future income and prospects

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if i wanted to take a fall i'd leave it up to the judges

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The corner not doing anything suggests they knew what was going on.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Can’t figure out if the professional fighter who fought timidly and openly posted afterwards that he was afraid was afraid or not.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Today, in the comments section of a news article, I saw someone unironically arguing that Francis so flagrantly threw his fight in order to distract people from the fact that Stipe took a dive in the main, which was obvious because Dana already had Brock in attendance with scripted lines prepared. :shrug:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

Can’t figure out if the professional fighter who fought timidly and openly posted afterwards that he was afraid was afraid or not.

all part of the script

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Skip My Posts posted:

two of them gave him a round which proves yet again you could leave the judging up to a rng and get equally accurate results

Wise Learned Man posted:

Today, in the comments section of a news article, I saw someone unironically arguing that Francis so flagrantly threw his fight in order to distract people from the fact that Stipe took a dive in the main, which was obvious because Dana already had Brock in attendance with scripted lines prepared. :shrug:

well lewis by decision and dangerously corpulent by ko in the first must have both had pretty good odds lmao

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Skip My Posts posted:

He was hypnotized to lose by the same man that poisoned Nick Diaz on his way to the pharmacy where he bought the drugs used to assassinate Kimbo and frame Jon GOATES Jones

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Best Friends posted:

have you watched much mma

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Did anyone check if there was a wizard in the crowd stealing his power??

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I still like Francis Ngannou, I think almost all his fights are extremely cool and he has the kind of life story they write movies about. I hope he sees a psychologist and geta his training and coaching figured out and wins a bunch of UFC fights so people will stop posting on line about how either he took a dive so Dana White would give him 30 free EA UFC 3 Career Mode Loot Boxes or he is permanently broken because Stipe Miocic did the soul suck thing from the Mortal Kombat movie.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The fact that Dana said Ngannou has an ego problem is amazing.
Can't think of how that came to be.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

It was a witch doctor, which is a completely different class.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I didn’t see one there, did you Radical 90s Wizard?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

I dont think chael has any right to call anyone the most annoying guy in the room

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Cormier used to do that amateur wrestling with promos and pro wrestling production style. Could be fun. Brock will win the fight though

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sounds like it's the flip side of "I used my energy inefficiently." The Stipe fight taught him that yes, someone can survive more than 5 minutes with him. He was worried about punching himself out and geting tired, and so he just didn't do anything.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

david carmichael posted:

Brock will win the fight though

I dunno, Brock is ten years past his prime and can't even walk to the ring without getting gassed. His era of using his crazy gorilla size and strength to make up for his technical shortcomings is long gone. Cormier just has to rope a dope him for a single round and Brock is gonna be hard gassed.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

CommonShore posted:

Sounds like it's the flip side of "I used my energy inefficiently." The Stipe fight taught him that yes, someone can survive more than 5 minutes with him. He was worried about punching himself out and geting tired, and so he just didn't do anything.

guess he must have been saving it all for the shot after the bell. its a smart strategy in that no one would ever predict it at least, wonder why it didnt work?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Also Brock has little bitch legs I am not sure how that means DC will beat him but I feel compelled to constantly point out Brock's hilarious little chicken legs

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

hello I am two toothpicks on a fridge I am here to fight the fat dad

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Like DC has ever had trouble defeating a refrigerator

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Also Brock has little bitch legs I am not sure how that means DC will beat him but I feel compelled to constantly point out Brock's hilarious little chicken legs

pretty sure he fought at 265 so if his legs got any larger than a sickly childs it would have put him over the limit

it was the price he paid for greatness

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Has anyone ever tried just kicking his legs for a round because I feel like knees are already under an impossible amount of strain from the absurdity of his physique

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You gotta be careful bc the wizard you think is harming you from the crowd may actually be casting protection spells to assist you

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

guess he must have been saving it all for the shot after the bell. its a smart strategy in that no one would ever predict it at least, wonder why it didnt work?

Sometimes fighters have bad strategies and it is frustrating to watch from the audience but is not indicitive og some grander scheme or mental weakness

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I would say Miesha Tate had few remarkable qualities aside from toughness and mental fortitude and I don't remember people wondering if she was psychologically broken or taking a dive when she kept rushing inside to get into Ronda's clinch in the rematch well after she started getting taken down on it every time.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hello I am two toothpicks on a fridge I am here to fight the fat dad

Most huge, non fat guys have relatively small calves. I dunno if he has small thighs or not

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

I would say Miesha Tate had few remarkable qualities aside from toughness and mental fortitude and I don't remember people wondering if she was psychologically broken or taking a dive when she kept rushing inside to get into Ronda's clinch in the rematch well after she started getting taken down on it every time.

I can think of one other remarkable quality miesha had: enormous breasts

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I think that comparatively there is only so big a human calf can get (or is worth getting) so when people have impossibly built top halves they often look comical by comparison, but I bet if you closed your eyes and imagined slowly massaging Brock Lesnar's calves and rubbing cocoa butter into them and rubbing your chest on them and stuff you would be surprised by how big they were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bluedeanie posted:

What a dumb comparison

• Locked thread