Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I mean he def used to have bigger legs

https://live-imagecollect.s3.amazonaws.com/preview/560/5f3a03e0569add0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Buddy of mine said this and I kind of agree: this is a fight that Bork could win.

I don't think that any fighter is capable of taking his first shot. Even Cain couldn't take it. If he takes Cormier down, I don't think that Cormier will have the cardio to get up immediately. Now what happens after the first shot probably favors Cormier, but it depends on how much damage he takes in the interim.

Then again, I thought that there was no way that Stipe was going to lose soooo

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bluedeanie posted:

I would say Miesha Tate had few remarkable qualities aside from toughness and mental fortitude and I don't remember people wondering if she was psychologically broken or taking a dive when she kept rushing inside to get into Ronda's clinch in the rematch well after she started getting taken down on it every time.

Mental fortitude + bad game plan = actually trying to engage and take the fight somewhere, even to your detriment
???? + bad game plan = not engaging at all and leading people to wonder what ??? is

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shadow225 posted:

Buddy of mine said this and I kind of agree: this is a fight that Bork could win.

I don't think that any fighter is capable of taking his first shot. Even Cain couldn't take it. If he takes Cormier down, I don't think that Cormier will have the cardio to get up immediately. Now what happens after the first shot probably favors Cormier, but it depends on how much damage he takes in the interim.

I mean, keep in mind Brock vs. Cain was Eight years ago. Since then he has lost one fight in the first round and won an sideshow match while on the juice

At this point I don't Brock's fists have as much as they did during his reign

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Every reason people have for why Brock would beat DC, they also seemed to have for why Stipe would beat DC

And idk maybe it's just me, but considering how well that went for the guy who was both younger than Brock, more active than Brock, and healthier than Brock, I don't see a different result here

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Calves are genetic

He has super long legs making his leg muscle look less impressive than his squatty beefy upper body

I love Bork’s weird terrifying body

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shadow225 posted:

Cain stuffed Brock's first shot. Brock's second shot got him down but Cain was up in 5 seconds.

Source: I'm watching the fight.

What's surprising me is how much Brock landed on Cain and seemed to hurt him in the first minute.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Shadow225 posted:

Do you mean the strength to get up after the first shot, or is brock's first double leg so powerful it zaps DC's heart meter to zero and the olympic wrestler, having exerted nothing of note physically having been taken down early, can't even muster the wind or know how to try and escape?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Every reason people have for why Brock would beat DC, they also seemed to have for why Stipe would beat DC

And idk maybe it's just me, but considering how well that went for the guy who was both younger than Brock, more active than Brock, and healthier than Brock, I don't see a different result here

I mean, 2008-09 Brock was a terrifying physical specimen. Probably only Overeem ever had comparable physical tools to what Lesnar had.

Prime Brock was definitely stronger than Stipe. However, I totally agree with you that 2019 Brock is gonna be the well below that level.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brock gets people posting and talking again just like Conor does even if it is about how much of a circus it is so that's always good

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Well in olympic wrestling when you get successfully doubled you lose, which is similar to what you describe

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Bork is a boon to the sport. Unlike guys like CM punk he is actually an accomplished MMA fighter and has held the belt and even now people are going "yeah he might actually win?"

So it's a good matchup

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Brock gets people posting and talking again just like Conor does even if it is about how much of a circus it is so that's always good

Yeah the problem is that they are trading multiple good shows a year for maybe one big show a year now. Conor or Brock will always be big draws, but I miss the sense of competition that mid-2000s UFC had.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
DC would be way more likeable if he just admitted that he was an rear end in a top hat when jon jones said he could take him down. Unfortunately, he was mean to jon and that means everyone hates him and the ufc will now go out of business

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I can see this matchup falling through with all the drug testing.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The fact that Dana said Ngannou has an ego problem is amazing.
Can't think of how that came to be.

Yeah he seemed to refer to a couple incidents with UFC staffers that he didn't elaborate on, maybe we'll get the full story in a few years

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Brock's results get forgotten until after the fight. DC loses to another steroid cheat and gets a second pyrrhic belt.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

My prediction: Brock wins by KO (shoot F5)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hello I am two toothpicks on a fridge I am here to fight the fat dad

his legs are fine

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they say the shape of your calves isnt something you have a lot of control over either, if youre tall then they will probably look thin

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

his legs are fine

I am not sure if you should see an eye doctor or a leg doctor

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

they say the shape of your calves isnt something you have a lot of control over either, if youre tall then they will probably look thin

Interesting theory but on the other hand dude looks like a cold parakeet

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Your hot take about Brock's calves is dumb.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am not sure if you should see an eye doctor or a leg doctor

youre the one who posted a picture of his quads while wondering why his calves arent as big as his quads used to be -___-

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

youre the one who posted a picture of his quads while wondering why his calves arent as big as his quads used to be -___-

You can also see his calves in that picture so checkmate

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
You cant get a checkmate like that. kasparov would chew you out if you tried to checkmate him by showing him a picture of brock lesnar and saying that his muscles are small in the picture

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

His leg muscles are not small, in fact they are very sizable for the five year old boy he stole them from

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

His leg muscles are not small, in fact they are very sizable for the five year old boy he stole them from

youre a dumb rear end lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah the problem is that they are trading multiple good shows a year for maybe one big show a year now. Conor or Brock will always be big draws, but I miss the sense of competition that mid-2000s UFC had.

You're not wrong but since most of their bigger draws have left to do fake fighting or retired or are on suspension for tainted supplements/steroids or injured they're in a tough situation without some of the fighters becoming breakout stars on their own. There are so many factors (including being a nutcase and getting yourself in legal trouble randomly attacking a bus) that can take your biggest draws out of the game at any time it has to be a nightmare to deal with as far as fight quality consistency. You plan a year of big fights and then at least half of them fall apart due to training injuries.

That and their legendary matchmaker also retired.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

You cant get a checkmate like that. kasparov would chew you out if you tried to checkmate him by showing him a picture of brock lesnar and saying that his muscles are small in the picture

lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

youre a dumb rear end lol

Im not the one that sees a dude who looks like a japanese schoolgirl squatting a bison and goes "that is totally normal"

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

he leg small

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

You're not wrong but since most of their bigger draws have left to do fake fighting or retired or are on suspension for tainted supplements/steroids or injured they're in a tough situation without some of the fighters becoming breakout stars on their own. There are so many factors (including being a nutcase and getting yourself in legal trouble randomly attacking a bus) that can take your biggest draws out of the game at any time it has to be a nightmare to deal with as far as fight quality consistency. You plan a year of big fights and then at least half of them fall apart due to training injuries.

That and their legendary matchmaker also retired.

I can't really blame them too much for being unprepared for just how big of fuckups Jon and Conor managed to be in terms of staying out of trouble and not instigating further trouble with cars or buses.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I believe you will notice that is the match where he did steroids and is thus ineligible for consideration

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I can't really blame them too much for being unprepared for just how big of fuckups Jon and Conor managed to be in terms of staying out of trouble and not instigating further trouble with cars or buses.

Yeah, definitely. We see Dana red faced and pissed off a lot but if you were in charge of a company who's feet regularly keep falling out from underneath of it while it's trying to move forward due to a half dozen or more circumstances you can't control at any given time you'd probably have high blood pressure too.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

I.N.R.I posted:

Lmao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Is DC better than Fedor?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

spb posted:

Is DC better than Fedor?

What era Fedor are we comparing him to

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I believe you will notice that is the match where he did steroids and is thus ineligible for consideration

noted hot taker taking the position that using pictures of brock lesnar in pro wrestling is him not on steroids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Lid posted:

noted hot taker taking the position that using pictures of brock lesnar in pro wrestling is him not on steroids

Wellness policies Brock has failed in UFC: 1
Wellness policies Brock had failed in WWE: 0

scoreboard bitch

• Locked thread