Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Puppers, Attorney At Law

Future Sunglemonster, Esq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

crazypeltast52 posted:

Future Sunglemonster, Esq.

She's a snugglemonster in her spare time

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

Every dog is the best "something" dog in at least one category.

Our current Poodleacallit is the best Car Dog I have ever had. She just hops right in, takes a free spot and enjoys the ride. But even after 7 years, she has still not figured out centripital force or acceleration. She will fall over the moment you start to turn if she is standing or even sitting up. But if you yell "Brakes" or "Turn", she will drop to her belly and ride it out.

I am going to have to try this with my dog as he sucks in the car. Not so much falling over, he just does not enjoy it at all.

But seeing as this thread is about pictures, here is my half shih Tzu / Maltese

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Not sure what breed those bitches are.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I just adopted this guy today. My fiance was worried Mr. Beefy might eat him but so far he's been doing great.

The previous owner named him Trigger. I may need to rename him because I can't stop thinking of Sara Palin's kid. He's four years old and some terrier mix (rat terrier and jack maybe?)

E: Honestly I might just call him Mr. Trigger so he sounds like an assassin in some old noir movie. He stares at me SO INTENSELY. We're at the inlaws babysitting and I can say he does very well with jerkass teens and jerkass preteens.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 26, 2017

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
We have a mutt at my parents house that has a very similar look to her and she's a good dog.

Super friendly and affectionate. very high energy for some reason will spend like a top but only spins clockwise and never counterclockwise as in we've had her for 10 years and I've never seen her go left.

I don't know if yours will have the same little quirk but the only problem with Suk is that when it rains outside or when there's snow she'd rather just poop in the house then get her feet wet. You have to watch her like a hawk over the winter.

Please check in on his personality in a few months once he's settled in. I'm curious.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 29, 2017

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Camera dog thing thinks my dog is a shipperke. Stupid camera. She is a weird colour, looks black but when you see her she has buff under coat in places and stripes behind her ears so cannot be black. She is like a trompe L'oeil black but not so. We have had so many deduction from people: lurcherdor, colliedor, collie Alsatian, patterdale collie. She is medium size 18kg ladies can pick her up in arms without much struggle. Photos are hard they lose her colour and special poin t though she is not pretty https://i.imgur.com/qiy2ZhL.jpg%5B/timg%5D

https://i.imgur.com/ey4lNpU.jpg%5B/timg%5D

Sloth Life fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 26, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

tessiebee posted:

Camera dog thing thinks my dog is a shipperke. Stupid camera. She is a weird colour, looks black but when you see her she has buff under coat in places and stripes behind her ears so cannot be black. She is like a trompe L'oeil black but not so. We have had so many deduction from people: lurcherdor, colliedor, collie Alsatian, patterdale collie. She is medium size 18kg ladies can pick her up in arms without much struggle. Photos are hard they lose her colour and special poin t though she is not pretty https://i.imgur.com/qiy2ZhL.jpg%5B/timg%5D

https://i.imgur.com/ey4lNpU.jpg%5B/timg%5D

Did your dog write this?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Ollie the repuplican :911:

The SPCA said he's a husky mix...of what, I have no idea.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Should’ve said “Make Great Sausages Again”

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Ollie the repuplican :911:

The SPCA said he's a husky mix...of what, I have no idea.

Ollie is adorable. I see golden retriever in there.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

We just adopted this snuggle bug a few weeks ago. Any idea what she might be? Got kind of a corgi ish body, or maybe daschund with some kind of shepherd?

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Looks like a pure bred Land Bat to me.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

The Time Dissolver posted:

Looks like a pure bred Land Bat to me.

Checks out.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
100 percent loving adorbs!

Arbor
Jun 9, 2010
the 500th person today refused to accept "mutt" as an answer for what my dog is, so i bring my mutt to the mutt thread to share a mutt where mutts are appreciated.

Telling strangers that he is a bag of knives crossed with a maine coon in a poorly made dog suit never seems to fly either, but those are the only honest answers. He is, in fact, a bag of knives. Possibly part dinosaur. Definitely part maine coon. He has more skin than meat. Just. handfuls of skin. Doesnt look like it, but I can get a good two handfuls from his neck with more to spare. doesnt do anything to cushion the knives that are his bones though. Every part of him is pointy. Never in my life have i had more uncomfortable cuddles than with this dog.

Because he will cuddle you. He will put his feet up on the wall and make you pet him as a toll before you can pass by in the house. If youre sitting, he's sitting on you. Anything you're looking at, he's looking at. How nice to have a companion, you might think, except every part of his body is designed to dig into you in the most horrible way imaginable.

its like somebody thought it would be fun to draw only using straight lines. Even the top of his head is pointy.

Its not even a well designed dog suit. I mean, yeah, he looks like the worlds most generic dog, but he has patches of long fur and short fur. Petting him is like looking at Pigpen. Hair just flies off in a cloud around him. And thats just every day even when he's brushed regularly lets not even talk about seasonal blowouts. He's nosy. Wanna clean something? Just kidding he just shoved his head in the way wondering what youre doing. I was hammering a stake out in the yard yesterday and he was sniffing the side of it without flinching at me swinging .... well, a table leg at this plastic stake but look I was too lazy to get the hammer. Also he is noisy. You wanna hear some howling? Sage will howl. and bark. and sometimes bark and howl at the same time. You wanna be lazy and accidentally drop one piece of kibble and have it fall under the fridge and honestly hope a field mouse gets in and removes it so you dont have to? Too bad he smells it and wants it and will sit and stare at the fridge for days until its removed. He's handsy. think youre safe to walk past him because he's sleeping on the couch? nope he will reach out with both paws and grab you.

He thought he could jump high enough to catch a butterfly. He could not. He did not stick the landing, either. Only butterflies are safe.

tl;dr my dog is an awful (great, but awful) dog (but despite all the evidence to the contrary he is, in fact, a dog. Saying mutt isnt acceptable to strangers. Joking that he's a maine coon mix gets me blank stares. Admitting that he's a doberman mix - but is so mixed that its laughable to even say theres a definitive breed in there - is also not acceptable because people dont like dobies either i guess.)

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Awesome mutt.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
That is the muttiest mutt I think I've ever seen and he is so weird and it is great and I love him. Since you could probably get away with anything, I'd say if he chases stuff say he's a hound mix, and if he brings stuff back say he's a retriever mix, and if he herds stuff say he's a herd mix.

Aside from the DNA tests being slightly-to-hilariously inaccurate, my guess is if you did one your report would just be one giant question mark that is the size of the page.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Judging by the personality, loose skin and nose I'd say he definitely has coonhound in him. Maybe some redbone, you described our old bonehead Polly to a T. I'll say Redbone x boxer x everything else. :science:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Arbor posted:

the 500th person today refused to accept "mutt" as an answer for what my dog is, so i bring my mutt to the mutt thread to share a mutt where mutts are appreciated.

Telling strangers that he is a bag of knives crossed with a maine coon in a poorly made dog suit never seems to fly either, but those are the only honest answers. He is, in fact, a bag of knives. Possibly part dinosaur. Definitely part maine coon. He has more skin than meat. Just. handfuls of skin. Doesnt look like it, but I can get a good two handfuls from his neck with more to spare. doesnt do anything to cushion the knives that are his bones though. Every part of him is pointy. Never in my life have i had more uncomfortable cuddles than with this dog.

Because he will cuddle you. He will put his feet up on the wall and make you pet him as a toll before you can pass by in the house. If youre sitting, he's sitting on you. Anything you're looking at, he's looking at. How nice to have a companion, you might think, except every part of his body is designed to dig into you in the most horrible way imaginable.

its like somebody thought it would be fun to draw only using straight lines. Even the top of his head is pointy.

Its not even a well designed dog suit. I mean, yeah, he looks like the worlds most generic dog, but he has patches of long fur and short fur. Petting him is like looking at Pigpen. Hair just flies off in a cloud around him. And thats just every day even when he's brushed regularly lets not even talk about seasonal blowouts. He's nosy. Wanna clean something? Just kidding he just shoved his head in the way wondering what youre doing. I was hammering a stake out in the yard yesterday and he was sniffing the side of it without flinching at me swinging .... well, a table leg at this plastic stake but look I was too lazy to get the hammer. Also he is noisy. You wanna hear some howling? Sage will howl. and bark. and sometimes bark and howl at the same time. You wanna be lazy and accidentally drop one piece of kibble and have it fall under the fridge and honestly hope a field mouse gets in and removes it so you dont have to? Too bad he smells it and wants it and will sit and stare at the fridge for days until its removed. He's handsy. think youre safe to walk past him because he's sleeping on the couch? nope he will reach out with both paws and grab you.

He thought he could jump high enough to catch a butterfly. He could not. He did not stick the landing, either. Only butterflies are safe.

tl;dr my dog is an awful (great, but awful) dog (but despite all the evidence to the contrary he is, in fact, a dog. Saying mutt isnt acceptable to strangers. Joking that he's a maine coon mix gets me blank stares. Admitting that he's a doberman mix - but is so mixed that its laughable to even say theres a definitive breed in there - is also not acceptable because people dont like dobies either i guess.)

This is an awesome mutt, and he bears his muttitude beautifully. Tell people that he is a little-known breed called a Chillax Hound and see what they say.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This is an awesome mutt, and he bears his muttitude beautifully. Tell people that he is a little-known breed called a Chillax Hound and see what they say.

Excuse me, that dog is clearly a Whatsup :pseudo:.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

pookel posted:

My boyfriend just acquired this little guy, English Setter/Border Collie mix:

His name is Rufus. He is six weeks old. He is a very good boy.

Update on Rufus: he remains a very good boy. He is not sure which side is his best look:

Being a good boy is tiring:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Adopted this brindle beauty yesterday. Technically she's on a trial/few day long sleepover sorta thing from the SPCA, but I feel bonded already.

She looks shepherdy, pitbulls and boxers are super common down here in NOLA, so those are the likely source of her brindle. Beyond that I have no clue what she could be. She's super sweet and friendly already, if a bit untrained. Importantly she's housebroken. Just need to introduce her to my housemate's Chihuahua. They met in passing yesterday and it wasn't as good as I could hope for. She was holding him, so he was prob a bit more territorial than normal. He growled a bit and barked. She was very interested and did a few kinda quiet, excited barks. Walked her out of there and to my room. She wasn't straining at the leash to get to him, so I'll take that as a good sign. Gonna slowly introduce them via supervised walks and just the general smell and sounds of another dog in the house.

The biggest downside is that she is heartworm positive. So she'll need treatment to deal with that, but the SPCA will provide that for me. I assume I'll be paying for it, but it's no biggie. I got me a best friend now!

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 8, 2018

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Micro dog (owners) are the worst about socializing, so I’m not surprised yours was chill. She looks super sweet!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah. It's def a point of contention. She has a habit of rewarding what I'd call bad or undesirable behavior. I walked my as of yet unnamed pooch the approx 7 miles from the SPCA. No issues besides pulling at the leash pretty much the entire time. She encountered some small yappers behind a fence. Was interested briefly, but then decided they were boring. Where I live has feral chickens, so there are gangs of them roaming around out here. She was REAL interested in them. She's already managed to destroy/eviscerate one toy, but didn't eat the polyfill. Luckily she really loves her kong.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Hey mutt thread, been forever since I was here, but forget if I ever shared pics of Baron. I've had him since April 16th 2011, and he's the best boy.

I got the vet to lie on his original paperwork because most places get nervous about the word mix, so she put German Shepherd / Rough Collie cross, as if we knew his lineage, I got him at the pound.

He's gone muchly gray in the face since the day I got him, but he hasn't slowed down at all. He loves being the fastest at the park, enough that he ends up cutting his pads on a really dry day. You don't need to run that hard, the ball will come back even if you aren't the one to get it.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 15, 2018

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
So, named my dog Maybellene, and she's photogenic af.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

This is Cherry's story. I'd been volunteering at a local shelter for over a year and after finally getting into an apartment that would allow dogs, I let my friends at the shelter know I'd be looking for a medium sized dog. A few weeks later, I was told they had the perfect dog for me. A rescue from a local reservation (fairly common around here) and that she was currently in a foster home as she was about to have a litter.

Once she got to the shelter, I went to visit her and loved her immediately. She was perfect, did not participate in the barking of the other dogs, perfect size, and affectionate. I wasted no time in getting the trial adoption started and brought her home with me. Most of the staff knew I was going to adopt soon and were surprised it wasn't one of the puppies, which usually are the ones being adopted up quickly. I didn't want the puppy hassles and also didn't want another momma dog sitting in the shelter for months, while the puppies are swept up in front of her.

They think she has some shepherd in there, but I'm happy to just say she is purebred mutt when asked. She learns fast, loves to cuddle one the couch, and always keeps me alert of the pesky rabbits on walks.

The day I met her.

Training with the gentle leader.

Relaxing during a spring walk.

Walking in the fresh snow.

Loves sitting on the patio and watching the neighborhood.

A good girl about to get a treat.

Waiting for a bone on her chewing blanket.

Lapdog, default cuddle mode.

Watching the human, alternative cuddle mode.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

This bundle of derp is Willow. Her sister (actual littermate rather than adoptive) behind her is Buffy. We got the two of them to keep each other company during the day as my wife and I both work. They do not look or act like sisters as their builds and temperaments are very different. Luckily they are inseparable buddies, despite the occasional squabble over food, as we have since been told that littermate rivalry can be a real issue.

We were told by their mother's owner that they were part kelpie, part mastiff, with some probable labrador in the mix. They were very cute puppies. We took them to the vet for their first round of vaccinations and she took one look and said "Oh, wow, Catahoula! That's unusual over here!" (Over here being Australia).

It turns out that they are very dedicated hunting dogs with tremendous territorial instinct and they are absolute death to anything smaller than they are which ventures into our yard. This is a problem. They have killed 3 possums in the last couple of months, and countless birds, lizards and rats. We have had to get 6 foot wooden fences around the yard to replace our old chain link and I have had to dig trenches and concrete along the base of around a third of the fenceline so far. Our elderly neighbour just had 6 free range chickens dumped on her by her son who no longer wanted them so I'm certain there is more concreting in my near future.

Despite being Expensive Dogs they are very lovely to people who they consider part of their pack, and are certainly a strong deterrent to anyone who might consider entering my yard uninvited.

Willow thinks that sleeping peacefully like this is a great idea and does it as much as possible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That's not what they mean by crating your dog, SadisTech.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Pups goin for a car ride

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I think my favorite thing about dog pictures is when the tail is a blur and you know why. :allears:

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think my favorite thing about dog pictures is when the tail is a blur and you know why. :allears:

Tail blur you say

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Someone dropped this girl off on my property.
Any idea what breeds she could be?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

meriruka posted:

Someone dropped this girl off on my property.
Any idea what breeds she could be?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

The Mutts send their regards.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I know exactly what this is. This is cute and this is trouble.

E: The mutts look so happy! :3:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

chupacabraTERROR posted:

The Mutts send their regards.

what are they crossbred with? pure joy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My moms mutts: Homer, dachshund/chihuahua, on left is chill as hell (has some genetic skin disease that’s why her ears are hosed up but she’s on meds for that), and Peanut, some form of chihuahua/rat terrier mix on right, who is insane, as seen by her insane stare

Flowers added by my mom

I’m pretty sure they’re both looking at food cause this was taken when my mom was at an outdoor restaurant.