Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Looking at the Seth Rollins/McIntyre match, their writing continues to be garbage at the small things. Seth should have just let Dolph interfere, the ref was looking straight at him and it would have been a DQ.

No stip of Seth must pin or submit him, no McIntyre distracting the ref, just Seth and Dolph been super stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

VJeff posted:

I feel like Corbin's being prepped for something big. Probably a feud with Roman or Strowman post-SummerSlam.

It does feel like Corbin/Balor is meant to set up something bigger for Summerslam (or after). I have to imagine it's related to something related to the AUTHORITY, given Corbin's current gimmick. Maybe there will be a feud going into Summerslam over control of Raw?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The pull apart brawl was pretty good. Not as good as Lesnar vs Undertaker but a decent imitation.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

God drat it Jerusalem, this poll is not checkbox! What are you even doing?!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

A Neville sighting

E: never mind. Checked the original Instagram post and Midbreath just uploaded an old picture

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 10, 2018

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If Raw didn't have Seth Rollins matches it would be unwatchable.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Incessant Excess posted:

If Raw didn't have Seth Rollins matches it would be unwatchable.
Yeah, he is without question the best worker on RAW.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
consensual shitass

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

That Raw was a chore. How is it possible to be this boring?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Faustian Bargain posted:

How is it possible to be this boring?
I can think of billions of reasons ;)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

WWE should spend the billion dollars on projecting the R-Truth "got your money lol" gif on the side of the Empire State Building for a year

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
....did they mention Lesnar at UFC at all last night?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

VJeff posted:

....did they mention Lesnar at UFC at all last night?

Nope! Roman vaguely alluded to his existence, by saying he was on to bigger things after Lashley.

A line that makes Lashley look like a chump, and if Roman wins this Sunday, a somehow even bigger chump!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

says a lot about wwe booking that "nakamura vs styles" sounded like a marquee dream match a year ago but now it's just another midcard thing that ends in dick punching and it happens constantly.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

im trying to remember the last swerve we got

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They didn't even mention Lesnar at all during the show nor when they mentioned Ronda going into the UFC hall. It could be part of a work to keep the Lesnar doesn't care angle going or it could be Vince really is pissed right now

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They seemingly are doing Almas vs Sin Cara

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1016724002813775872

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DLC Inc posted:

says a lot about wwe booking that "nakamura vs styles" sounded like a marquee dream match a year ago but now it's just another midcard thing that ends in dick punching and it happens constantly.

:::during Mania season::: "We will give you the match of the night!"

:::Literally 3 months later::: "We will give you a match on a night!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I was more impressed that it managed to be both the most looked-forward-to match on Mania and simultaneously one of the most underwhelming matches on Mania. Would have said the most underwhelming match but I definitely remember people hyping up the Bryan+Shane/Owens+Zayn tag match as something that would be great despite Shane's involvement

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

WWE should spend the billion dollars on projecting the R-Truth "got your money lol" gif on the side of the Empire State Building for a year

What was the angle where they originally did that?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I turned on Raw to see Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley staring at each other like they were having a poop-holding contest. I changed the channel and didn't look back.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bradzilla posted:

I turned on Raw to see Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley staring at each other like they were having a poop-holding contest. I changed the channel and didn't look back.

now you don't know which one won the poop-holding contest though

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
the more I see Bobby Lashley the more I become genuinely worried he is gonna pop one day and fly around the arena making a pppfffttt sound until only his deflated skin remains

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
They're good at making AJ fight the same guy for 6-9 months. I expect AJ vs Kevin Owens somehow this month.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It is amazing how my viewing of Raw has changed so much in the past few years. These days, I literally go to the WWE YouTube page after the show, look at the thumbnails of each segment, and don't even click on any of the loving videos anymore. It's like... nothing matters.

There are 20 segments posted to the channel from Raw.

6 segments are Reigns/Lashley related
4 segments are Bliss/Nia/Rousey related
2 segments are Mojo related
1 has Jinder Mahal in it

Of the matches I see, I assume that Mojo/Jose was boring and went nowhere, that Hardy/Bo didn't matter. Ember/Liv most likely ended with Ember winning.

Why should I watch any of this?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thpbvo5-uN0

Staying true to form with the nutshots at the end

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Astro7x posted:

It is amazing how my viewing of Raw has changed so much in the past few years. These days, I literally go to the WWE YouTube page after the show, look at the thumbnails of each segment, and don't even click on any of the loving videos anymore. It's like... nothing matters.

There are 20 segments posted to the channel from Raw.

6 segments are Reigns/Lashley related
4 segments are Bliss/Nia/Rousey related
2 segments are Mojo related
1 has Jinder Mahal in it

Of the matches I see, I assume that Mojo/Jose was boring and went nowhere, that Hardy/Bo didn't matter. Ember/Liv most likely ended with Ember winning.

Why should I watch any of this?

I somewhat follow along with whats happening just based on these threads and every time I actually put aside the time to tackle a Raw like once every few months it amazes me how people have the stamina to watch it every week. It feels like such a colossal waste of time for everyone involved but if people are still enjoying it then shine on you crazy diamonds. At best I can see it as background noise while you do something else but they don't bother trying to keep you invested at all.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
I still don't really understand why Lashley and Roman are feuding nor do I understand who WWE thinks is heel and who is face.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

They're good at making AJ fight the same guy for 6-9 months. I expect AJ vs Kevin Owens somehow this month.

That's been WWE's way of doing things since 2001. That's how the entire modern era feels like such a slog.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

a bitchin jetski posted:

I still don't really understand why Lashley and Roman are feuding nor do I understand who WWE thinks is heel and who is face.

I refuse to believe this part

Also as far as watching RAW goes, just lol anyone who doesn't "watch" it as background noise while doing something else so you can check out if the segment is bad (most of it) and pay attention for any good parts (Seth)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

IcePhoenix posted:

I refuse to believe this part

Also as far as watching RAW goes, just lol anyone who doesn't "watch" it as background noise while doing something else so you can check out if the segment is bad (most of it) and pay attention for any good parts (Seth)

I think you're doing it wrong if you think barely watching it is better than just not watching it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
We're the face and WWE RAW is the heel stamping on us forever.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

a bitchin jetski posted:

It's supposed to be for who gets to fight Brock but they're afraid to pull the trigger on officially announcing that. Even in promos they're acting like Brock's name is Lord Voldemort and they can't speak it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

We're the face and WWE RAW is the heel stamping on us forever.

it just occured to me some indy guy should use the ankle lock as his finisher but call it the heel turn

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think you're doing it wrong if you think barely watching it is better than just not watching it
I was watching a Man v. Food rerun, switched to RAW during a commercial break, saw Bobby Roode come out and switched it back a few seconds later

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
While I know they are being very well compensated financially, it has to get on Seth's and AJ's nerves that they are consistently the MVPs and still take a back seat to a guy that chokes in the top spot and gets booed almost every night.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
You can fit the entirety of Stone Cold's run as the biggest draw in wrestling in the time it's taken them to try and make Roman a top guy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

instead of watching raw I watched a three hour lecture about the lore behind kingdom hearts

it was a good decision

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Same but Bayonetta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

What was the angle where they originally did that?

After the end of the hot Ambrose Vs Rollins feud inside Hell in a Cell was Bray Wyatt doing a ghost run-in

• Locked thread