Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
He's saying Derek Jeter wasn't good at defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

AkumaHokoru posted:

now the reason I don't feel that way about SS is because they are a part of the round the horn double. have to be there for infield pops. have to cover for the 2b position in a lot of plays and have to keep their heads up for grounders/liners that more often than not tend to head right their way so they have to be more than just competent for SS

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

PADJ

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

I loving died laughing and wasted my coke sir.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Last night (or the night before) Kenny was talking about how Didi made hard plays look easy. My mind filled in the "... and Jeter made routine plays look difficult." for him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The only play I ever think about Jeter making was the backhanded flip to home after cutting off a ball on the first base side foul territory. gently caress the haters.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RCarr posted:

The only play I ever think about Jeter making was the backhanded flip to home after cutting off a ball on the first base side foul territory. gently caress the haters.

:same:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Masahiro Tanaka gives up a homerun. I am shocked. Shocked!!

Edit: Ok it was overturned.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 11, 2018

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

Masahiro Tanaka gives up a homerun. I am shocked. Shocked!!

Edit: Ok it was overturned.

A starting pitcher in the AL east gives up a home run!!!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

A starting pitcher in the AL east gives up a home run!!!

Tanaka can't go two innings without giving up a homer.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Getting no hit and in another life and death struggle with the worst team in baseball while Boston beats another bad team's face in again.

Jesus Christ Bird did something.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 11, 2018

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Hooray bird did a thing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They should be embarrassed. What a joke.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Greg Bird giveth, Greg Bird does not taketh away that hit.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Not to go all mcmagic here but with Boston being this good we have got to stop loving losing these games.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Yankees lost the division last year because they played down to the horrible teams in their division. It's happening again and it's inexcusable.

https://twitter.com/JamesSmyth621/status/1016870771623374848

loving get it together.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 11, 2018

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees lost the division last year because they played down to the horrible teams in their division. It's happening again and it's inexcusable.

https://twitter.com/JamesSmyth621/status/1016870771623374848

loving get it together.

I would be somewhat surprised if it’s tomorrow that they get it together, since it’s Gray vs. Bundy.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I love that playing down to bad teams is a 25-15 record. that's still a 101 win pace! these games are frustrating but I believe that they'll get it together. they're still hitting unusually poorly with RISP so once they regress closer to their actual talent level there won't be anything to worry about

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

I love that playing down to bad teams is a 25-15 record. that's still a 101 win pace! these games are frustrating but I believe that they'll get it together. they're still hitting unusually poorly with RISP so once they regress closer to their actual talent level there won't be anything to worry about

In a normal season that would be fine. It's not going to be fine this year.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Yeeaaah I would like for us to stop losing to garbage please.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

gently caress off Cashman.

https://twitter.com/NYDNSports/status/1016698665736589320

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

...I will drop this team like a bad habit. dont loving be a gently caress cashman.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm consoling myself by assuming Cashman is the type of person who would say "I don't pay attention to politics" and signed the letter just because he went to school with the guy (along with 149 other people) because even though that doesn't actually make it better, it's more palatable shittiness then actively supporting Trump.

Also I'm watching Bird's homer on a loop because his swing is too pretty.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
...Does the team not realize how bad the optics on being pro-trump are?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Super rich white guy is member of party that is most pro-super rich white guy. Make you think.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rich White guy is a republican, goons shocked.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

AkumaHokoru posted:

...Does the team not realize how bad the optics on being pro-trump are?

Have you heard Randy Levine speak

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

AkumaHokoru posted:

...I will drop this team like a bad habit. dont loving be a gently caress cashman.

Let me tell you about `the ricketts`

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Yanks could possibly reacquire Nate Eovaldi and I’d be alright with it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's just so emblematic of rich white guy privilege and not being about to see 1 centimeter past his own face because the harm that this gently caress is going to do once he gets on the SCOTUS couldn't possibly affect Cahsman at all.

Carlosologist posted:

The Yanks could possibly reacquire Nate Eovaldi and I’d be alright with it

I would much rather have Happ. People have short memories. Eovaldi is a guy with good stuff who isn't a good pitcher.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

As opposed to Happ who has bad stuff but is a borderline OK pitcher

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Eovaldi dropped what he was doing with NYY the first time and added a cutter and he’s getting better results now, did you even look at his numbers bc they don’t look like flukey at all

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Eovaldi dropped what he was doing with NYY the first time and added a cutter and he’s getting better results now, did you even look at his numbers bc they don’t look like flukey at all

He's less than 50 innings (in which he's given up 9 homers already) and his FIP is a run worse than his ERA. I don't buy it.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Carlosologist posted:

The Yanks could possibly reacquire Nate EovaldiSonny Gray and I’d be alright with it

Some people can't handle New York.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Some people can't handle New York.

It's more about some people not being very good.

While I hated them trading for Stanton, I hate the idea of them trading for Machado about 100x more.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 11, 2018

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I still like Hamels the best. I don't trust Eovaldi based on his body of work and inability to stay healthy

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1017177866876981248?s=20

I'd be okay with trading for Machado if they have a prospective deal to trade Andujar for a really good pitcher somehow.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ihatepants posted:

I'd be okay with trading for Machado if they have a prospective deal to trade Andujar for a really good pitcher somehow.

I would trade Andujar for Bumgarner.... Thats about it.

Terrific AB by Bird. Best AB of the season by him.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 12, 2018

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

ihatepants posted:

This does not make sense to me at all. But maybe Cashman is assessing the pitching options out there and he doesn't think the incremental increase is better than the upgrade at third? Will Machado even play third? Maybe they are still going after a pitcher? And if you are, and you trade Andujar, who is your third baseman when Machado leaves after the season? Are we trying to sign Machado after this season?

Also, Greg Bird.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

And if they end up signing Machado for some nutso contract, they are paying probably the 3rd and 4th best players on the team 30mm each... What does that mean when Judge is a FA? Or Sanchez? Or Torres? Or Severino?

• Locked thread