Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

my wife ran into both Jonah and Joel at a smoothie shop in downtown Portland when they were here last year. she sent me a selfie she got with the two of them and I am still thoroughly jealous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I dressed up as the Eleventh Doctor at the live Halloween show in Nashville a couple years ago and Kevin Murphy said he liked my fez.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If I ever run into an MST3K cast member, it is going to be one of the few cases where I ask for a photo. I worked in a place where I got to meet a ton of celebrities and the idea of taking a photo made me deeply embarrassed, it just seemed to take the normal, human conversation with them in a weird place, but I feel like I could manage it for literally any MST3K cast member.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Joel stayed at the hotel I worked at a few years ago. I upgraded him because I’m a fan and was super excited that I got to check him in. Then I had to downgrade him because the lock for his door was broken and I had to make like 4 keys before we realized this. I wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TL posted:

Joel stayed at the hotel I worked at a few years ago. I upgraded him because I’m a fan and was super excited that I got to check him in. Then I had to downgrade him because the lock for his door was broken and I had to make like 4 keys before we realized this. I wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

*weeping, punching the desk* I... I'm sorry, Mr. Robi- uh, Hodgson, but the only room we have available to replace your upgrade is the unlucky basement room that we call... Deep Thirteen. Anyway, i do a little bit improv, would yo- sir? Mr. Hodgson, where are you going?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

*weeping, punching the desk* I... I'm sorry, Mr. Robi- uh, Hodgson, but the only room we have available to replace your upgrade is the unlucky basement room that we call... Deep Thirteen. Anyway, i do a little bit improv, would yo- sir? Mr. Hodgson, where are you going?

I actually do improv and have dabbled in riffing in the past. My drive home that night was me fantasizing about talking to him about it and getting a job writing for MST3K (though this was about three years before the reboot was announced, so it was pure fantasy).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Sooo.... you gave him the room he booked in the first place?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

Sooo.... you gave him the room he booked in the first place?

It was for a convention, the con booked him a regular room but I tried to give him a bigger one. I felt bad because he had to come back to me 3 or 4 times because his key wouldn’t work. I felt like an rear end.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TL posted:

It was for a convention, the con booked him a regular room but I tried to give him a bigger one. I felt bad because he had to come back to me 3 or 4 times because his key wouldn’t work. I felt like an rear end.

Hey, it could be worse, there's always Kevin's story about meeting Kurt Vonnegut.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

precision posted:

Teenage Strangler has got to be one of the most baffling films they ever riffed

It's one of my favorites. No matter how many times I watch it, some of the lines still kill me. "I love it when you act like Der Fuhrer, honey! Let's commit the marriage act!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
One of the best bits of trivia about Teenage Strangler is the scene where Mikey and Betty (IIRC) are both crying their asses off at the police station. The actress playing Betty was the only person in the film who had any sort of acting experience, so the kid playing Mikey just followed her lead when it came to playing out the scene, and the rest is cinematic history. :v:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Do we have any idea when Season 12 is airing?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

The not too distant future.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

remusclaw posted:

The not too distant future.

Next Sunday A.D.?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Oh you fuckers.

:sigh: I'm just...ready for some football...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Franchescanado posted:

Oh you fuckers.

CROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wait, how could it be "the not too distant future" if they went back in time to Rome for that one season? Also, how do they eat?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Franchescanado posted:

Netflix has been dropping a lot of shows pretty suddenly recently. We'll probably know the week before it airs.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Timeless Appeal posted:

Netflix has been dropping a lot of shows pretty suddenly recently. We'll probably know the week before it airs.

Yeah, what the hell is up with that? I feel like Glow's season 2 airdate wasn't announced until like two weeks beforehand. I'd say it was in response to that Arrested Development bad publicity fiasco, but the same thing happened with AD and Kimmy Schmidt.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I knew about GLOW and Kimmy coming back a while ago, but I obsessively keep track of that poo poo.

New season of Voltron snuck up on me somehow, though.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

My memory of Netflix is that they don't really post release dates until that point for almost everything (at least that I watch).

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Kimmy is ending on the producers' decision though.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, what the hell is up with that? I feel like Glow's season 2 airdate wasn't announced until like two weeks beforehand. I'd say it was in response to that Arrested Development bad publicity fiasco, but the same thing happened with AD and Kimmy Schmidt.

On the one hand, it's not like they need to hype it up for advertisers. No commercials, no need to get asses in couches for the premiere.

On the other hand, it's a real bummer to not know when something is coming back!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Mantis42 posted:

Wait, how could it be "the not too distant future" if they went back in time to Rome for that one season? Also, how do they eat?

It's just a show...you should really just relax.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That squares my breasts.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That squares my breasts.

Mrs. Gumby is stacked! :quagmire:

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Thank God for the internal genitalia

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Son, I’m going to need a can of Play-Doh to replace my butt.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
Is Gumbo a matador? :confused:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Today I learned that Mrs. Gumby's actual name is Gumba and she has her own Wikia article.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

On the one hand, it's not like they need to hype it up for advertisers. No commercials, no need to get asses in couches for the premiere.

On the other hand, it's a real bummer to not know when something is coming back!

If you tell people "Your show is on in December" in July, then they can just unsub for 6 months. If you don't tell them until the last minute, they stay subscribed because "what if I miss it?!"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

If you tell people "Your show is on in December" in July, then they can just unsub for 6 months. If you don't tell them until the last minute, they stay subscribed because "what if I miss it?!"

You can just subscribe the day of your show coming back, though :confused:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

You try not to remind people that calendars are a thing and they might forget that they have scheduled payments.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I guess thats why they did the whole, here's the trailer for Cloverfield, by the way it's available right now thing.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Season 12 update sent to KS backers: Filming is complete and the season is now in editing & post-production.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ixnay posted:

Season 12 update sent to KS backers: Filming is complete and the season is now in editing & post-production.

I'm not sure how tight we are on season 12 spoilers here but Frank was away from his radio show for a week and posted a pic of him and Patton during that time so guess who's probably making a cameo!

:) This excites me greatly.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm guessing we're about two months out from it showing up on Netflix.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Has anyone here gone to one of the Mads live riffs? There’s one here next week and I was wondering if they bring/sign merch after the show? I want Frank’s books.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I got Frank's book at a Mads show, and he signed it. They're very friendly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

You can ask Frank, he's very active on twitter. I went to their live show last year, and they had merch table and everything, also I was an idiot and just up and left after the show.

e: links
Frank: https://twitter.com/FrankConniff
Trace: https://twitter.com/TraceBeaulieu
Their show: https://twitter.com/TheMadsAreBack

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 10, 2018