Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQqphWiJRl8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yoel moving to light heavy is interesting

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Skip My Posts posted:

yoel moving to light heavy is interesting

cool, now there will be a total of 3 relevant fighters at 205

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MysteryNad posted:

cool, now there will be a total of 3 relevant fighters at 205

beter than 2 lol

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I want to see yoel piledriver gustaffson

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Yoel vs DC actually would have been fairly loving cool

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

if you can agree with the logic that pound 4 pound is kind of dumb and realistically the heavier weight classes would beat the lighter weightclasses, then DC is probably like, the 2nd or 3rd best fighter of all time outside of Jonathn "Bones" Jones.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Cart Mountain posted:

if you can agree with the logic that pound 4 pound is kind of dumb and realistically the heavier weight classes would beat the lighter weightclasses, then DC is probably like, the 2nd or 3rd best fighter of all time outside of Jonathn "Bones" Jones.

Daniel cormier is at least as good as stefan struve, kelly anundson, kevin burns or yushin okami.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

fair.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Uh i think you're forgetting Rich "No Love" Clementi

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Romero is an athletic freak, but he's also 41 years old and well under 6 feet tall.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
If we assume there were no weight limit would the fattest possible dc even be able to hang in the same ring as the fattest possible sakurai? Absolutely not

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

david carmichael posted:

If we assume there were no weight limit would the fattest possible dc even be able to hang in the same ring as the fattest possible sakurai? Absolutely not

where does an infinitely fat bj penn fall in the rankings

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
If juice JBJ can deadlift what he does with those matchsticks, think of what Brock can do :pusheen:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

So the greater MMA community out there likes his videos to have text to speech now?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

holy gently caress Yoel Romero vs Rumble is possible

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
dc would kill fedor but like which peak 2005 fighter wouldn't get killed against the modern ufc champion of their division. young gsp and anderson, maybe?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

chaleski posted:

holy gently caress Yoel Romero vs Rumble is possible

I thought he retired to be a weedman, but apparently Willie D has been checking in so he might be a fighter again after all:

https://twitter.com/Anthony_Rumble/status/1015485971817816066?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope when DC retires he puts a team together for Quintet and can face off with Sakuraba. :swoon:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Eat This Glob posted:

I thought he retired to be a weedman, but apparently Willie D has been checking in so he might be a fighter again after all:

https://twitter.com/Anthony_Rumble/status/1015485971817816066?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

gently caress I wish, there are 3 ufc fighters who live very close to me now but this time round I have found out how legit scary they are beforehand and am too chicken to do any hardcore stalking. I'm playing the long game with one though, it may pay off.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Fedor is the best ever due to the following reasons:
- Never beat anyone who was good
- Never fought in the UFC
- let Matt Mitrione win even when he didn’t have to

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

DoombatINC posted:

Like DC has ever had trouble defeating a refrigerator

Ahahahaha loving A.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rogan's face when DC wins (via UFC 226 The Thrill & The Agony) is priceless compared to Dominic & Anik's faces.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

willie_dee posted:

gently caress I wish, there are 3 ufc fighters who live very close to me now but this time round I have found out how legit scary they are beforehand and am too chicken to do any hardcore stalking. I'm playing the long game with one though, it may pay off.

keven steps in on willies game with steroid chat, the thread throwing shade at him, calling him a loser etc, willie comes back to prove why he is the champ

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mekchu posted:

Rogan's face when DC wins (via UFC 226 The Thrill & The Agony) is priceless compared to Dominic & Anik's faces.

Dude behind Cruz looks like he placed a large bet on Stipe.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

isnt his next fight in a few weeks?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Feel like I would have heard something, isn't he supposed to appear in court or some poo poo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SquirrelGrip posted:

isnt his next fight in a few weeks?

haha

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am not sure if you should see an eye doctor or a leg doctor

i never skip eye day

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Gay Horney posted:

Feel like I would have heard something, isn't he supposed to appear in court or some poo poo

yeah thats what i meant. chisea is suing him as well lol

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Carlisle posted:

What era Fedor are we comparing him to

It does not matter. DC, today, fading into his 40s, is better than Fedor ever was.

Mekchu posted:

Say what you will about Joe Rogan, the guy genuinely loves this sport.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Shadow225 posted:

Buddy of mine said this and I kind of agree: this is a fight that Bork could win.

I don't think that any fighter is capable of taking his first shot. Even Cain couldn't take it. If he takes Cormier down, I don't think that Cormier will have the cardio to get up immediately. Now what happens after the first shot probably favors Cormier, but it depends on how much damage he takes in the interim.

Then again, I thought that there was no way that Stipe was going to lose soooo

Carwin and Overeem stuffed or prevented Brock's first shot with contemptuous ease.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I guess the estimates suggest 226 didnt sell a lot. Thats good, because it means that people arent buying bad shows and maybe the ufc will instead put on good shows

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lolling at the idea that daniel cormier would be unable to stop brock's wrestling

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I miss the young unashamedly roided beyond-belief Brock.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
i miss the young brock too

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I've literally seen those secondary titty muscles halfway up his tiddey like that. What is that line. What's going on

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

I've literally seen those secondary titty muscles halfway up his tiddey like that. What is that line. What's going on

He's jacked. He's a white boy and he's jacked. Deal with it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

mewse posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

mewse posted:

agh, dangit

• Locked thread