Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Which one was the one you were into? I always wanted to be on Guts so I could play basketball with bungee cords and climb the Crag. Legends of the Hidden Temple you like, just got assaulted by Olmec or something.

Also when I was in the Air Force I knew a dude who had been on Guts and actually had a piece of the Crag. I guess the runners up got a piece that was smaller than the chunk the winner got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Let's make this more precise:

Shrine of the Silver Monkey, or the AGGRO CRAG?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
How loving hard could it have really been to put together that monkey? It seems so easy, but everyone struggled with it

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

For the record Legends of the Hidden Temple was better :colbert:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Wild And Crazy Kids aka WACK

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

A new Challenger appears: GLOBAL G.U.T.S. AND THE SUPER ASTROCRAGG!

E. But yea, WNCK was the best

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
legend but i always had a feeling it was rigged somehow

oh yeah crazy kids that one is good. was good

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I read somewhere that some contestants got mild PTSD from the Hidden Temple guards, so that one

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I couldn't stand Mo's voice for some reason, so I never watched GUTS because of that.

Purple Parrots for life, my dudes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I always wanted a glowing piece of that radical rock.

GUTS all the way.

Also I'm surprised no one ever hit a temple guard in the loving nuts out of sheer terror.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Only 90s kids will get this

*sucks own dick*

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The Glumslinger posted:

How loving hard could it have really been to put together that monkey? It seems so easy, but everyone struggled with it

Rumor has it the producers got the kids so hopped up on sugar at the start of the show that any one that made it to the end just crashed hard.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I read somewhere they tapped all the segments in a way that they would shoot a bunch of stage ones, then a bunch of stage twos, and so on, so at the end of the day you'd been there for like 10 hrs. Sounds exhausting.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

The only thing I remember kids failing at harder than that was the 'put blinking lights on the right state on a giant map of america' challenge at the end of Where in the world is carmen sandiego

I don't think anyone ever won the prize on that one

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Tane posted:

*sucks own dick*

haha my man! :hfive:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
legends, no contest

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
legends of the hidden temple was nuts and had buttans you could press and poo poo. aggro-crag was the only interesting part of guts

I would have rather been on nick arcade tho that poo poo was video games

The Glumslinger posted:

Mozi posted:

legend but i always had a feeling it was rigged somehow

oh yeah crazy kids that one is good. was good
apparently the monkey was deceptively huge for a kid and heavy as poo poo
there was an article about it a while back, iirc one of the reasons no one ever seemed to win on hidden temple was those kids were mentally exhausted as a result of how the show was produced

e:f;b

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I remember someone on these forums with inside info said that some paths were impossible each time, and they had an alternate monkey that literally could not be assembled

I can't prove this, obviously

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Guts, easily.
Legends of the hidden temple featured like 10 teams each episode, and you had to beat like 3 challenges just to make it to the temple run. imagine losing in the first challenge because your teammate loving sucks.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The Bloop posted:

I remember someone on these forums with inside info said that some paths were impossible each time, and they had an alternate monkey that literally could not be assembled

I can't prove this, obviously

I don't doubt this but that's fuckin' hilarious if true

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Plus I read that Temple had not enough prizes for the # of episodes they were making so they gave you a busted monkey that wasn't going to ever work. At this point between that and the sugar story who knows , plainly no one thinks kids are really that stupid and someone was messing with them.

GUTS was more fun and was like a proto Ninja Warrior.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Those temple guardians deffo molested those kids

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

nick arcade

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Tane posted:

*sucks own dick*

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm shocked and amazed that Nickelodeon hasn't tried to make a replica of the Temple and charge people to run through it

Easiest money they could ever make

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
rather blow up sand castles on wild and crazy kids

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Legend seemed really hard.

EugeneJ posted:

I'm shocked and amazed that Nickelodeon hasn't tried to make a replica of the Temple and charge people to run through it

Easiest money they could ever make

That is pretty goddamn smart.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Which one had the mountain made of foam that also shot foam boulders at you while trying to climb up? Cause definitely that one.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's just a weird sex dream you had, can we please stay on topic.

tmm3k
Jul 19, 2006
Legends had a much lower success rate, so it was funnier to watch kids fail (though less funny that some of them got PTSD and they apparently kept going for 12-18 hours all day per episode).

But Legends always had some boring trivia portion at the start called the Steps of Knowledge which killed the fun.

GUTS was probably more entertaining because it was non-stop physical challenges.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

b-minus1 posted:

Guts, easily.
Legends of the hidden temple featured like 10 teams each episode, and you had to beat like 3 challenges just to make it to the temple run. imagine losing in the first challenge because your teammate loving sucks.

the purple parrots :negative:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

zooted heh posted:

rather blow up sand castles on wild and crazy kids

Yeah, they had some awesome events on that show. I remember was driving a 4x4 R/C truck through a beach sand obstacle course that was actually rigged with explosives. Wild and Crazy that poo poo deffo was

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Glumslinger posted:

We have a goonette named Mudcrab Merchant who was a contestant on both Legends of the Hidden Temple and G.U.T.S. as a kid. She made it to the Temple, came within literal seconds of winning the grand prize on both shows, and made an Ask/Tell thread several years back about her experiences.

IIRC, from what she said the Silver Monkey really wasn’t that hard to put together; she didn’t get to that room during her Temple run but she got to try it after the show finished taping and she said it’s literally as easy as you’d think it is from watching the show at home. The hard part, according to her, is that during the Temple run there’s a bunch of producers shouting confusing poo poo at the kids trying to gently caress them up mentally the entire time, so that even simple tasks like assembling the monkey statue become difficult. This is also why when you watch the show you see kids in the Temple stopping to look out at the stage or toward the camera so much.

You Are A Elf posted:

I couldn't stand Mo's voice for some reason, so I never watched GUTS because of that.

Mudcrab Merchant also said that Moira Quirk is super tiny and sweet in real life. :3:

(Fun Fact: Moira Quirk does cartoon voice acting work from time to time.)

You Are A Elf posted:

Purple Parrots for life, my dudes.

lol the Purple Parrots were the losingest team on Legends.

(I was a Blue Barracudas fan. They were only the third-losingest team. :()

Marlboro for Cats
Apr 14, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I wasn't jock enough to seriously consider myself a candidate for an impressive GUTS performance, but I was pretty goddamn sure I could put a three-piece monkey puzzle together before getting molested by some pervert in a Mayan mask

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
What's bullshit is if you were on ADD medication you pretty much had the advantage. Energy the first game, and paying attention the second game. This ensured the nerds sucked during the physical portion of the temple. I always felt they should have done the questions first, and the physical part second so we would have some actual exciting runs.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

LethalGeek posted:

Plus I read that Temple had not enough prizes for the # of episodes they were making so they gave you a busted monkey that wasn't going to ever work. At this point between that and the sugar story who knows , plainly no one thinks kids are really that stupid and someone was messing with them.

GUTS was more fun and was like a proto Ninja Warrior.

I dunno, I bet any prop from that set is worth more now than any prize they could have offered. I'd have taken it.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Neither, and I'd rather do Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRblZgBE8gM

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It always felt like the Silver Snakes were dumb and bad as hell in 90% of the mini games, but goddamn it if they made it to the temple they owned that poo poo.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Trick question bitch

Nickelodean for the loving ween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Nick Arcade had to be difficult because you couldn't actually see what you were doing.

Double Dare always looked like it would be a ton of fun.

• Locked thread