Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm a complete slob when it comes to a lot of things but food trash is just impossible to live around, I just have to assume that garbage piles like that are due to mental illness. I mean, it's not like that BO smell that you can kinda become nose-blind to after a while is it? Rotting garbage always smells like rotting garbage and you always smell it every time you enter your house, no? Not to mention the bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I think it's one of those things where people do notice, and they don't necessarily like living that way, but you feel like you can't/don't deserve to live any other way. Some people tend to live the way that they feel inside, and for some people, that means piles of fetid garbage.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Depression is a bitch.

I've never had these cringe-level of mess in my room, but theres been times where I couldn't be bothered to clean for weeks. A garbage bag of food boxes next to my desk because taking it to the kitchen takes too much energy. The cycle of taking the heap of laundry off of the bed and put it on the chair at night, taking the heap of laundry off of the chair and put it on the bed during the day. Repeat for a month. Then one day I'll get inspired to clean, fix everything in probably 20 min and its like a weight being lifted.

So yeah, mental illness is a root cause for a lot of this stuff.

Keep sharing pics, the fear of what it could become helps me keep on top of my personal mess.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Yeah living in filth to that degree is an amazing visual example of how a mental issue can affect a persons life. I've had issues with depression at points in my life but never to the extent that I let my filth just pile up like that. For me at least seeing people live in a literal garbage pile is just a visual reminder that you can't really understand what its like living with a serious mental issue unless you experience it yourself. To a certain extent you have to blame the people who do this to themselves but at the same time if they are just letting this happen its a pretty clear sign that they need some sort of help and maybe something is mentally blocking them from seeking help.

Brains are hosed up man, at least with a computer if you gently caress up your operating system you can just wipe it clean and start fresh.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

get rid of ur trash and LIVE the fun life!

if you are having fun at home, youre having fun at home!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Bath Tubs posted:

Yeah living in filth to that degree is an amazing visual example of how a mental issue can affect a persons life. I've had issues with depression at points in my life but never to the extent that I let my filth just pile up like that. For me at least seeing people live in a literal garbage pile is just a visual reminder that you can't really understand what its like living with a serious mental issue unless you experience it yourself. To a certain extent you have to blame the people who do this to themselves but at the same time if they are just letting this happen its a pretty clear sign that they need some sort of help and maybe something is mentally blocking them from seeking help.

Brains are hosed up man, at least with a computer if you gently caress up your operating system you can just wipe it clean and start fresh.

It isn't even necessarily depression. Chronic pain can also cause that as can mobility issues. We live in a society where asking for help is considered a bad thing. It's a sign of weakness. You must be self sufficient!

Sorry but no. If somebody can barely walk then it's fine for them to ask for help and it's good to help them. Same with depression, really. Yet things getting that bad is also shameful and must be hidden which just makes poo poo even worse. Nasty cycle.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Punchy?

Mr. Snickerdoodles
Nov 19, 2013

La Brea Carpet posted:

Gross. Who drinks Pepsi??

No piss bottles. 2/10 attempt at hoarding.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

text me a vag pic posted:

This is used for orgies isn't it?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

Rotting garbage always smells like rotting garbage and you always smell it every time you enter your house, no? bugs.
You probably get used to it if you never leave or if you are a very heavy smoker, or if the cat piss and dog poo poo overpower it

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Depression is a bitch.

Also this

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Depression is a bitch.

I've never had these cringe-level of mess in my room, but theres been times where I couldn't be bothered to clean for weeks. A garbage bag of food boxes next to my desk because taking it to the kitchen takes too much energy. The cycle of taking the heap of laundry off of the bed and put it on the chair at night, taking the heap of laundry off of the chair and put it on the bed during the day. Repeat for a month. Then one day I'll get inspired to clean, fix everything in probably 20 min and its like a weight being lifted.

So yeah, mental illness is a root cause for a lot of this stuff.

Keep sharing pics, the fear of what it could become helps me keep on top of my personal mess.

Yeah, this. That's why I said the tipped over scratching post and shopping bag used as a makeshift trashcan were the saddest parts. They're signs of a person who knows they're not doing well and wants to do better, but everything is just so loving hard when life is a poo poo.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Basebf555 posted:

I'm a complete slob when it comes to a lot of things but food trash is just impossible to live around, I just have to assume that garbage piles like that are due to mental illness. I mean, it's not like that BO smell that you can kinda become nose-blind to after a while is it? Rotting garbage always smells like rotting garbage and you always smell it every time you enter your house, no? Not to mention the bugs.

It likely is. They make popcorn in my store at work and I cannot smell it. My brain has completely tuned it out like white noise. All the customers comment how it must drive me crazy and I must be so hungry but I honestly do not notice it at all.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

text me a vag pic posted:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

These were goons, right?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I can bet that these people eat a lot of processed foods, and one advantage to processed foods is it takes them much longer to start to rot and smell bad.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

La Brea Carpet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dy7VUQb780

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

These were goons, right?

Yep

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

For some reason I was thinking this was much older than that, not that 8 years is a short time but idk I am just surprised I guess. Stupidity is timeless.
I also never saw the actual honest and surprisingly detailed response to those pics before!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dixville posted:

For some reason I was thinking this was much older than that, not that 8 years is a short time but idk I am just surprised I guess. Stupidity is timeless.
I also never saw the actual honest and surprisingly detailed response to those pics before!

The internet is making time weird. 2010 is right on the border for when social media went exponential, so it feels like something out of a different era. poo poo, it was only a year before in '09 that Facebook overtook Myspace as the biggest social platform.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
As much as I'd like to comdemn the basement pool of death, it's one of those things I can imagine my idiot friends and I doing back in my young and stupid days. At least they're having fun anyway.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

cash crab posted:

We begin life as we live it: as horrifying parasites.

Also, I didn't notice the cat until you pointed it out. That picture is like a Where's Waldo of sad personal decisions. And Fleta, sorry about the limit; I know it's a little annoying but it does exist for a reason, I'm not just being a dick. Not this time, anyway.

It's okay, I understand the need so we don't end up with a wall of obese diaper robot juggalo redpill cosplaying Stefoknees.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
:barf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf2H7wxSxJ4 :barf:

I like popcorn.

This video is a crime against humanity.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Dixville posted:

You know it's bad when grover's even saying it's a bad idea and unsafe.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

M_Sinistrari posted:

You know it's bad when grover's even saying it's a bad idea and unsafe.

Stole the fuckin words out of my mouth. I actually laughed out loud when I saw his post.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dixville posted:

I'm right there with you, I thought it was a GBS thread from ~2005 :corsair:

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Kickstarter for "an open world, steam-punk style zombie apocalypse game where you play as the Grim Reaper"

Made in RPGMaker.

an intellectual posted:

The story begins with a Man/Woman named Azazel/Lilith, a 19-year old with a very unique view on the world. As the only one in their family, and one of the few in the world to avoid the serum from the start, they sit in their private bunker and think about how all this was inevitable and humanity deserved to fall for it's disgusting sins.

Basement dweller hates the normies.

This fuckin guy posted:

I have very limited resources to work on this project with, so right now I have to resort to RPG maker to create a playable demo of my game. Once I have enough done, I am going to take it to major video game companies to see which one would be willing to buy the idea for a reasonable amount. Meanwhile, I'm going to be taking online courses for JavaScript so that I know more about the inner workings of video games, and also have a marketable skill.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
ah yes, JavaScript, the language that all video games are coded in

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I mean, between the billion loving frameworks for it there's probably a combination that makes for a reasonable game engine :v:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
But everyone knows that games are developed in Flash

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cash crab posted:

:yeah:

Anyway, gross cars:

oh, there's one of these down the street from me. a somewhat run-down mid-2000s Audi, of all things, which never moves from its spot in the driveway of what appears to be a foreclosed/abandoned house, and the entire inside of the car is crammed to the roof full of yellow mcdonalds wrappers except for a roughly human-sized space in the driver's seat.

The biggest :psyduck: is that I saw the guy in the car once and he looked like a totally normal middle-aged dude. Overweight, but only like a beer belly kind of thing, wearing clean khaki pants and a polo shirt, watching something on his phone and eating a burger in his mcdonalds wrapper car nest.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I feel bad for laughing about that.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Maybe he is preparing to molt.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Not ok

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Hmm. Awful.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

La Brea Carpet posted:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

What sucks is that a game about playing as the grim reaper could actually be cool. But it's also entirely unnecessary as the Discworld novel "Mort" explores the concept of giving a normal person the moral control over reaping souls better than a video game ever probably could.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Delivery date 2022- project cost? $1,000. How the gently caress are we all not getting on this train? This could be the new star citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nuebot posted:

What sucks is that a game about playing as the grim reaper could actually be cool. But it's also entirely unnecessary as the Discworld novel "Mort" explores the concept of giving a normal person the moral control over reaping souls better than a video game ever probably could.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/705120/Death_Coming/